Crime and punishment

Believe me I like your optimistic and more socially acceptable ideas better than my own. But it has been tried for decades and the situation is getting worse. Einstein's definition of insanity is to keep doing the same ole thing expecting a different result.
We, or rather our political people have got to grab the nettle and apply the medicine before worse is needed. The old " head in the sand " trick kicking the problem down the road isn't good enough. How many more innocents must die ?
Just from an economic perspective the terrorists are ruining the British tourism industry.

C'mon guys - toughen up or many more will die.

As long as we tolerate societies which are so toxic that their citizens are desperate to flee them, the current situation will continue. And get worse. But that's what the UN was supposed to be for (oh, well). Nor will the situation be improved by our perpetual and hypocritical surprise at these attacks when we continue to slaughter these very same citizens on an almost daily basis.

Attempting to suppress the poor and the desperate and the societally unacceptable by killing them or imprisoning them hasn't worked and never will. Transforming their societies into something from which they have no desire to flee will bring an end to this level of emigration.

All of which is just message board prattle, of course. A more urgent battle is that for resources, and that has already begun.

Reorganize the UN so that it actually does what it was created to do seventy years ago. Same goes for giving the World Court some muscle. "Shame on you" just doesn't fly.

The UN tries to err on side of civility & caution which I agree. More "muscle" whatever you have in mind is what we don't need.

What do you suggest we do in concrete policy change?

If I were to suggest something for the US and Europe..........is to keep out of the Middle East and mind their own business.

They have wasted trillions of $s and thousands of men and what have they achieved ..........nothing positive.

If I were to suggest something for the US and Europe..........is to keep out of the Middle East and mind their own business.

They have wasted trillions of $s and thousands of men and what have they achieved ..........nothing positive.

This is the 21st century...era of globalization. Can't just mind your own business...we are all dependent on one another.

Your nation's business is my nation's business.

We must however stop the knee jerk "muscle" vresponse. We are all in this together.

The UN tries to err on side of civility & caution which I agree. More "muscle" whatever you have in mind is what we don't need.

What do you suggest we do in concrete policy change?

The UN has erred on the side of civility and caution since 1945, and hundreds of thousands of people have died unnecessarily. The UN should have as much authority as any governing body.

Which England, France, and the US should have done in 1916. Too late now.

The UN has erred on the side of civility and caution since 1945, and hundreds of thousands of people have died unnecessarily. The UN should have as much authority as any governing body.

What do you propose they do, and against who?

The UN is a thinktank of nations not a military force to use at will.

It would save a lot of time and posts if you were to google "UN Charter".

Save me time, what part should I read to understand your position on the UN?

I admit, I never read their charter.

I just like the concept of nations coming together discussing their concerns and compromising w/o force.

Save me time, what part should I read to understand your position on the UN?

I admit, I never read their charter.

I just like the concept of nations coming together discussing their concerns and compromising w/o force.

While the Chinese and Russians insist on playing " the naughty boys " the UN is virtually useless. They could rein in Kim but no they try for bigger handouts. I think Fatboy is serious about bombing the US West Coast just as soon as his missiles can get there. Must be insane but that is another matter.

While the Chinese and Russians insist on playing " the naughty boys " the UN is virtually useless. They could rein in Kim but no they try for bigger handouts. I think Fatboy is serious about bombing the US West Coast just as soon as his missiles can get there. Must be insane but that is another matter.

The concept of Nations of the World sitting down and discussing their concerns, needs, ideology is not useless, it's rational.

"rein in Kim"...not every player sitting at the table is rational or even sane. That's the point...teaching by example. People only live 80 yrs, "Kim" is on his way out on his lifespan their prodigy is who we are teaching that "might is not (always) right"..

we sit down and work it out..the UN way.

Much discussion on nuclear weapons strategy is founded on their "value" as a weapon of mass destruction versus an enemy's capital or other major population centres. This is not their only use and possibly not the most likely use. We're also conditioned to think that any nuclear strike automatically escalates to nuclear city strikes, which automatically leads to nuclear winter. These are dangerous ways of thinking - a rogue nuclear state like North Korea can be a real danger to regional peace without any need to develop missiles that could strike US home territory.

Much discussion on nuclear weapons strategy is founded on their "value" as a weapon of mass destruction versus an enemy's capital or other major population centres. This is not their only use and possibly not the most likely use. We're also conditioned to think that any nuclear strike automatically escalates to nuclear city strikes, which automatically leads to nuclear winter. These are dangerous ways of thinking - a rogue nuclear state like North Korea can be a real danger to regional peace without any need to develop missiles that could strike US home territory.

He is not firing any missles at anybody in the near future. A show of "strength" what he thinks is strength, bravado.

He's insane but not stupid.

Do we in rational free World need to curtail missle development , damn right.

No government is stupid enough to launch a nuclear attack on a US city. But why would that be his target? South Korea is much more likely.

If you hate yourself , you need love , so there is misuse/misinterpretation of religion.Religion does not say kill innocent people , where does it say that?

Attachments

• allah.jpg
    allah.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 117