How Many Traders Fail?

I agree, there really are some good people on here.

Medbs was a good poster as well, but not for the reasons he might have wanted.

Have you noticed that very few people get to more than 2,500-3,000 posts, Black Swan and BSD excepted. Is it a longevity thing? Boredom? Inability to stomach the deja vu?

Aren't there some 4k posters here? (and some who have left).
Isn't Split one? Mind you, he's about 103.
No disrespect intended; I'm pretty ancient myself.
If I appeared on Antiques Road show, it would be as an exhibit.

Had to stifle a laugh at the guy who was "too old to scalp" at 37. 37!

Medbs was a good poster as well, but not for the reasons he might have wanted.

Have you noticed that very few people get to more than 2,500-3,000 posts, Black Swan and BSD excepted. Is it a longevity thing? Boredom? Inability to stomach the deja vu?

Loads of times I've nearly binned this place, just come back now for the lulz :)...everything else is a bit samey...the live journal threads *amuse/entertain* me, foyer can be a laugh, overall just a good place for a bit of healthy on topic distraction, in between trades/set-ups.. Only way to learn this job is to be on the job, so in terms of educashun very litle you can learn off a disparate set of opinions on a forum...

Aren't there some 4k posters here? (and some who have left).
Isn't Split one? Mind you, he's about 103.
No disrespect intended; I'm pretty ancient myself.
If I appeared on Antiques Road show, it would be as an exhibit.

Had to stifle a laugh at the guy who was "too old to scalp" at 37. 37!

I think that was me :)

I'm working on a 4hr bar system, trying to keep it as simple as possible. It won't trade that much (10 times a month) but owing to the nature of the constantly changing trailing stop, I'm probably better off automating it.

I think that was me :)

I'm working on a 4hr bar system, trying to keep it as simple as possible. It won't trade that much (10 times a month) but owing to the nature of the constantly changing trailing stop, I'm probably better off automating it.

Soon as I posted that I thought to myself "Oh sp!t, I'll bet that was Meanie" :LOL:

It does all get very repetitive.

But working alone from home I guess this replaces social office banter.

;)

teleworking.jpg

That's why we started our dealing room in Hanover Sq. We're up to 7 people but could extend.. we've got a few more people thinking about it. Everyone is self backed and provides their own hardware, it's not an arcade but it's a dealing room of sorts. I tried trading from home but it just didn't work that well.

That actually sounds very nice if you have a good group of people.

And provided the commute is not too bad.
One of the attractions in working at home is avoiding the need for unpleasant journeys at times of busiest traffic.

True re the commute. Our nearest tube is Oxford Circus, it's 3 stops for me (with one change).. for one guy it's 5 stops no change, another chap cycles in from north of Regents Park.

The tube can get a little crowded but 20 mins door to door is bearable. Some nice pubs in the area for football watching, and the general talent is pretty good as well.

The whole package sounds really nice.

(Even more so if I'm interpreting the general talent part correctly !!!)

:D

Haha I bet !

Getting better and better !!!

sophie_dahl_british_vogue_nov07.jpg

Now that ought to provide pretty talented eyecandy to help one over the dead periods of the trading day.

As there's so much enthusiasm for the stuff here's another thought courtesy of the house just to round things off and provide some fresh perspective !

idog.jpg

Re: How Many Traders Fail? -bugger that -hows about...

Outside of a dog a man's best friend is a book.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.;)
(Groucho)

Reactions: BSD
Re: How Many Traders Fail? -bugger that -hows about...

Outside of a dog a man's best friend is a book.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.;)
(Groucho)

Haha nice one ! :D

dog&cat.jpg