Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

long GU 53

i just looked at the chart .............the eternal problem with GU ...you really need a little more stop in the tank then other pairs

really you needed to handle the 2437/8 stop level .....but i see the issue here ...

but you had s/l at 42 ?......BUMMER ..........4 pips s/l cost you a lot of pips my friend

hindsight is a bitch eh ? :)

that was a superb call ......just 15 pips off the swing low ......

sorry dude
N

Attachments

• gu fun.JPG
    gu fun.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 79
morning -- yes neil the smart a/hole at this end had stop on GU should have been @38 ------ GU looking short @ moment

hey gang - i'm tied up on some system training courses today - no trading

2 mins to look at market this week so far .......i'm still in system training for most of this week :(

hmmmm..........

Cad and GBP got bull to nearly the 200 pip levels
Most of the others have drifted bear from 50's-70 pip levels

selling usd into GBP and CAD has been the main action this week .......

most sessions would have provided ample pips so i am missing out here ..... :(

cheers
N

Attachments

• g8 trading week 23rd jan 2017.JPG
    g8 trading week 23rd jan 2017.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
2 mins to look at market this week so far .......i'm still in system training for most of this week :(

hmmmm..........

Cad and GBP got bull to nearly the 200 pip levels
Most of the others have drifted bear from 50's-70 pip levels

selling usd into GBP and CAD has been the main action this week .......

most sessions would have provided ample pips so i am missing out here ..... :(

cheers
N

Never commented on this thread before but interested in peoples thoughts on EURCAD. Looks like a nice short to me down to support around 1.3856.

eurcad.PNG

morning all

overnights the gbp was doing well, nzd and yen the main dogs

6am session so far is lively .........I'm mainly

buying GBP and USD
Selling Euro and Yen

so not my traditional easy wins on GU trades so far ...i need them to divorce the + correlation pattern

U/J buys main push so far .....flaky EU sells .....more recently i have seen the usd weaken and stronger and stronger into my GU buys finally

N

Never commented on this thread before but interested in peoples thoughts on EURCAD. Looks like a nice short to me down to support around 1.3856.

View attachment 233568

hi there

i rarely trade at daily level .........but the PAIRCHART pattern looks good for a set up .......perhaps a little late to party ?

anyway as long as Euro is weakening and CAD is strenghening it seems a good play

suggest you go inside on lower T/F's to fine tune entries ?

good hunting
N:smart:

got to take some calls now .........will pop in later

made pips today but not a pipfest so far ....such is life

N

will they start in 2017:rolleyes:

hey there.............the courses i'm on are obviously for my finance consultancy work

regarding the trading training courses i keep promising :confused:....... its all still work in progress !

seriously ? - I really didnt see my finance consultancy work extending into 2017 much and was preparing to go back to F/T trading ......but Brexit and then Trump really increased the demands from my clients and I will see that now through most of 2017

i have 50% of the course content written for the intro/intermediate stuff........and a room full of old papers and notes ready to complete them .........and i need to shoot the videos as well

the scalping course which will come after that is self written anyway .........that will be real time training with me live ......seeing the market with my charts and sharing thought processes ..........should be very interesting for everyone concerned

but not yet ..........sorry all ..it will come ..........but as i can trade P/T to earn money and consult i'd be mad to turn the combo down at the moment ....and i enjoy the mixture of these

N

Last edited: