Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Have you considered using one of the VPS options listed on the FXCM website? The cost is $30 per month, but that fee is waived if you have a balance of at least $5000.

Thanks for the offer J

I'm looking at new hardware soon .....trying to negociate to buy a few laptops from work at the moment as being made redundant........

currently on a work laptop using amazon free VPS (as local drive is firewalled) ..............wife wont let me use her shiny new one as I will brake it

( shes right I will :LOL: )

N

Hey all

apologies for the absence this week ..........a lot of Cr**p this week at work as we all got our formal notice of redundancy and lots of meetings to attend re standard corporate B*llS*t and some negociation on leaving dates .........

i'm also trying to buy about 100 laptops and any company cars that employees dont want ................but it seems a nogo ...........sadly Entrepreneurial flair is neither applauded or supported (no change there then)

N

Last edited:
ok heres the last 3 days on a 20ma .........the green Line USD was north for a while (buys) and now it has been south for a while (sells)..........and you can hopefully see where the corresponding currencies were to trade against it ................I always use the USD as a benchmark trading currency as its the foundation of my scalping systems and is the Daddy of all currencies .......

theres no magic here gang..........as I corresponded to a dude from California over the last few days (hey Bruce !(y) ).............the magic of the indicator is in the fantastic helicopter view of the 8 currencies over any TF , MA you chose to use ........the rest is up to you as a trader how to interpret that !!

and sure i have a lot of personal ideas and stuff I run with my interpret tion of the markets .....but it wont suit others ........as we all have to walk our own path :smart:

I will one day (perhaps later this year) get a more formalised e-book together with some consolidated ideas and extentions of this Free thread .........depends on when i get thrown out on the street from my job :cool:

N

Attachments

• last 3 days action.JPG
    last 3 days action.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Hey all

apologies for the absence this week ..........a lot of Cr**p this week at work as we all got our formal notice of redundancy and lots of meetings to attend re standard corporate B*llS*t and some negociation on leaving dates .........

i'm also trying to buy about 100 laptops and any company cars that employees dont want ................but it seems a nogo ...........sadly Entrepreneurial flair is neither applauded or supported (no change there then)

N

Morning NVP

Sorry to hear about your formal notice - but you might find they are doing you a great favour

GL with your wheeling and dealing with them before you start your new full time trading career

You will get there - No problem - and I hope I can help fine tune your scalping so you can really start on a good high

Have a good day

Regards

F

heres the 5min still on a simple 20ma default

USD goes with hourly flow south ..............buy the diverging north currencies ?

easy ? :sneaky:

of course it isnt .......:LOL:

hahahahaha
N

Attachments

• 5 mins action.JPG
    5 mins action.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 154
GU piling on the pressure now ....................huge moves

N

Attachments

• GU piling on the pressure now.JPG
    GU piling on the pressure now.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 160
Morning NVP

Sorry to hear about your formal notice - but you might find they are doing you a great favour

GL with your wheeling and dealing with them before you start your new full time trading career

You will get there - No problem - and I hope I can help fine tune your scalping so you can really start on a good high

Have a good day

Regards

F

thanks F

enjoy the day ............looks like you will be closing early with target pips in the bank today (y)

N

hey all

no matter how you look at it the USD has been a solid sell today so far ..........heres the 15m TF on the default 20ma .................Sell sell sell the Green USD

explosive buys on all 3 European currencies today so far

N

Attachments

• 15 min TF signals.JPG
    15 min TF signals.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
hey all

well the USD remains weakish........big slamming move earlier on G/U .........15m TF shown was probably to slow to get that ....

later
N

Attachments

• usd weakens again.JPG
    usd weakens again.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 174
mornin all

ok heres the week on a 4hr TF 20ma standard setting (Free indicators in links area below)

Green USD had 3 nice swing phases this week .......sell then buy then sell .....(y)

i'm showing you the biggest (100pip) swing moves against the USD this week ....the orange AUD was a peach taking 2 of the big moves ...........then blue Euro was the best of the last 2 days

So I'm showing you where they ended on the right ..............but where did you get in ? :sneaky:

have a good weekend .....i'm taking it easy after a stupid week at work :sleep:

regards
N
u

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Hamish..........can you PM me on hotmail ?.........I am getting a message from you on software i dont use

thanks
N

hey all

Think of the FXCorrelator like a dynamic Map ........then answer the following questions and build your own strategies and trading approaches ........

pick a TF and MA setting ....then :-

What currencies are strong ? (above the Zero)
What currencies are weak ? (Below the Zero)
how strong ?.....how weak ?
what currencies are moving together (positive correlation)
what currencies are NOT moving together (Negative correlation)
what currencies are moving in same direction as higher / Lower TF's ?....
Anything overbought ?..........oversold ?

welcome to trading strengthmeters ..........not easy but at least you are trading in the real world on the biggest 8 currencies in the trading world........and not restricted by single pairs and strange black box syustems that you dont understand ??

N

Last edited:
heres the 1 hr on a default 20ma setting

answer those questions i just posed ...........then trade !!

N

Attachments

• Week begins.JPG
    Week begins.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 129
jees hard work on low low TF's :)

i'm in a UCAD buy for about 3 pips up and am eyeballing A/U and N/U sells.....

N

jees hard work on low low TF's :)

i'm in a UCAD buy for about 3 pips up and am eyeballing A/U and N/U sells.....

N

USDCAD got to 1.1109 earlier ....that was nice

G/U buys at 1.6732

N