Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

sorry let me reload that CADJPY ........had all my damn private indicators on it ..hahahahahaha

Last edited:
ok I like CADJPY and was calling it at the green dotted line a few mins back

N

Attachments

• CADJPY.JPG
    CADJPY.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
mornin all ........

on the 1hr TF 20ma the CAD is Getting CREAMED .......

you RARELY see just 1 currency on its own 1 side of the Zero ...........usually the domain of the Yen or the GBP .............impressive indeed !

Green USD is a solid buy still sitting above the zero

N

Attachments

• CAD SLAMDOWN.JPG
    CAD SLAMDOWN.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
jees ...........my FXCM live platform has frozen ..............spare me

anyone else having issues ?

N

jees ...........my FXCM live platform has frozen ..............spare me

anyone else having issues ?

N

ok it seems to be back ................

and frozen again .................ok will drop back later

N

Hi N,

Sorry to hear about these connection issues you've had today. I just checked with our techs, and there were no connection issues identified on our end. Nor have any other clients posted about issues like those you've described. Is it possibly something on your end? Are you using a wireless modem perhaps. I use a wireless connection myself sometimes on my laptop. It works well most of the time, but every now and then I need to reset my wireless modem if it has problems maintaining a stable connection to the platform.

The trading desk is closed for the weekend now, but if you ever find yourself having such connection issues in the future, I encourage you to contact our live support immediately via online chat or phone for assistance in real time. If necessary, you can even be transferred to the trading desk to manage your orders by phone. Our toll-free number in the UK is 0808 234 8789.

Jason

Interesting thread. Can't believe it's so long though! Time to start from the top o-o

hey LG

the reason its so long is that when i opened the batting on my forex Strengthmeter adventures it was still a pretty newish concept........and I was genuinely looking for ideas and support on my journey (Still am - always the Student !! (y) )

plenty more stuff around now across the forums .......but I still have never seen anything out there in the cosmos (free anyway) that gives much more than the basics I offer here .....

check out the links below (y)
N

:cool:
Hi N,

Sorry to hear about these connection issues you've had today. I just checked with our techs, and there were no connection issues identified on our end. Nor have any other clients posted about issues like those you've described. Is it possibly something on your end? Are you using a wireless modem perhaps. I use a wireless connection myself sometimes on my laptop. It works well most of the time, but every now and then I need to reset my wireless modem if it has problems maintaining a stable connection to the platform.

The trading desk is closed for the weekend now, but if you ever find yourself having such connection issues in the future, I encourage you to contact our live support immediately via online chat or phone for assistance in real time. If necessary, you can even be transferred to the trading desk to manage your orders by phone. Our toll-free number in the UK is 0808 234 8789.

Jason

no worries jason ................confession ......I had just loaded a very very ambitious indicator that soaks up major major memory

mea culpa
N

hey all

people may see me spending time watching Forexperians threads..........why ?

because they interest me a lot ...........Forexperian is trading the timeframes I need to if I want to go pro later this year ........and I wont get rich trading the 4 hour TF's with only an average amount of capital to drop in the market ..... trust me :)

Naturally I have my Strengthmeter approach and philosopy in tow all the way ..................I am adapting it as I go whilst trying to understand and learn form F's approach to making pips every day .....I am also trying to escalate my screen time but its getting harder again as my redundancy situation at work means more hours being spent working than ever over the last few months .....:(

such is life .........Gambling and trading is in my blood and always will be........ :cool:

I urge you all if you have the Trading bug to feed it through research , practice and reach out for mentors where you can ..................try everything and learn from it ...............but do not trade irresponsibly and lose all your stake ............use demos for christs sake ..........I still do a lot of the time when testing stuff ......

BE SENSIBLE WITH REAL MONEY ..........you have all the time in the world to perfect your techniques ............but unless you are the Sultan of Brunei ** you DO NOT have all the money in the world ........:smart:

N

** B - call me ......you are never at home dude .....jees

Last edited:
mornin all ..

well I should get my redundancy letter in next day or so as all site closure decisions being ratified by swiss and UK boards today I think ................interesting times ahead indeed :cool:

N

Last edited:
i'm following F's action over this week as I try to learn what I can about his approach

Meanwhile heres the 1hour Strengthmeter ..............on a 20ma

USD is marginal Sell ...........so go with it ..............pretty low volatilitys at the moment as week warms up

N

Attachments

• USD sells on 20ma 1 hour.JPG
    USD sells on 20ma 1 hour.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
hey all

heres the day on a 1 hour TF 20ma ........

USD held southish............yellow yen and red GBP buys earlier ............

and jees some nice plays on buying CAD , AUD and NZD yesterday I see ....

N

Attachments

• AUD and NZD buys.JPG
    AUD and NZD buys.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
i'm sitting looking at frozen screens again

i am using free amazon cloud at the moment due to limited Laptop & PC resources..............I suspect its cloud that is the problem and not FXCM

N

ok really not in the mood today for these shenaegans ......to much other Cr*p to handle at work

later all
N

i'm sitting looking at frozen screens again

i am using free amazon cloud at the moment due to limited Laptop & PC resources..............I suspect its cloud that is the problem and not FXCM

N

Have you considered using one of the VPS options listed on the FXCM website? The cost is $30 per month, but that fee is waived if you have a balance of at least $5000.