Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

NVP, what's the instrument you use for gold in the goldmeter? XAU cash index?

NVP are you with World Spreads.. I'm looking for a really good spread betting broker.. I like WS spreads.. Especially their 0 spreads on some Forex pairs..

I need to talk to Jason Rogers about the MT4 platform for FXCM...

What is your concern with FXCM? I've had some technical issues with them as well as Alpari so just wondering if you think there's other issues. Yes, can anyone recommend a good broker?

With the reviews I've heard about FXCM their very good.. But their will always be problems around :-(
I like that FXCM have no requotes/no dealing desk..

F

NVP could you tell me the advantages and the disadvantages of using a higher time frame..
I thought I'd backtest this weeks trading week using the 15m TF... And I have been getting some good signals.. Should I worry about anything?

Also could I mix things up like use one 5m TF and one 15m TF ?

F

Yes, I'm curious about that myself.

hey all

its just a FXcorrelator with the CAD removed and gold (XAU-usd) inserted into the mix - I devide it by 1500+/- to get it into the same price range as other Currencies

thats the core mix and not rocket science - its kindergarten for a Good programmer

I cant download the file as I co-built this with another trader/programmer who has taken it further and is now using it commercially (no hes not selling it) - we agreed to not publish - but the hell i'm allowed piccies :smart:

and like the FXcorrelator - the mechanics wont make you any money ....but interpretation and experience hopefully will !

i'm a BIG BIG fan of watching money flow ..........currencie, equities,bonds,commodities......watch the flow and trade the biggest movers (up or down):smart:

N

NVP are you with World Spreads.. I'm looking for a really good spread betting broker.. I like WS spreads.. Especially their 0 spreads on some Forex pairs..

Ws are ok for any day to day tradng (whenever I can do that these days hahaha :p)
...........just no damn mt4 so I cant play with my EA's

I'm also on FXCM live and Alpari uk demo at the moment ..........cant remember what else is hidden in the ole laptop

N

What is your concern with FXCM? I've had some technical issues with them as well as Alpari so just wondering if you think there's other issues. Yes, can anyone recommend a good broker?

just dont give your money to a small one - no matter how good the deal is....sometimes you make money and will want it back :p

N

NVP could you tell me the advantages and the disadvantages of using a higher time frame....

Advantages
Theoretically more reliable signals and less noise (investigate why...)...but see my comments below***

Disadvantages
Higher the TF the less trades you have....and you need volume of trades to generate regular income (unless you increase % per trade which is not recommended)

**You expose yourself to a lot more economic news and market activity....double edge sword...

I thought I'd backtest this weeks trading week using the 15m TF... And I have been getting some good signals.. Should I worry about anything?

only reduction in trade volume............remember the 5min 80/20 will have already delivered you some nice action to get the 15m into the same signal !! :smart:

and then a sustained 15m 80/20 signal will activate the 30m , then the 1h 80/20, then the 4h etc etc .......remember the market is just 1 big TF which I will explain in a minute

Also could I mix things up like use one 5m TF and one 15m TF ?

unless you start playing with the delta , by sticking to delta 1 you will see that an ma on the 15m timerame is basically the same as using on the 5m except you devide by 3

a 80ma on the 5m is a 80/3 = 27ma on the 15m .......give or take a spit due to bar closures and ma setting

so theoretically you can trade an 80/20 on the 4h on a 5min chart

the settings on a 5min would be

80 X 48 = 3,840
20 X 48 = 960

a little high but you see my point :smart:

F

see above in red .........then read read read .......the FXcorrelator is an ma based machine so if you learn more about how people trade TF's and MA's then you ca apply this to the Corrie :smart:

N

NVP I just firstly want to say great job with this tool and all the instructions with it.... also for being so kind as to share with all of us!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about whether anyone was able to put any alerting/alarming with any conditions such as crossing above the 0 line or when arrows match up ..etc?

I am interested to know rules of this strategy but its thread is so huge
And i cant read all of its pages .
So if possible please describe about its rules to me .

Thanks

Sara

I am interested to know rules of this strategy but its thread is so huge
And i cant read all of its pages .
So if possible please describe about its rules to me .

Thanks

Sara

Sara go to page 476 Post #3806 - Their are 3 detailed videos explaining how to trade this system/strategy.

Thanks NVP for the explanation, I may experiment with the different timeframes.. I may also change the delta :| .. Just experimenting :p:smart:

F

NVP I just firstly want to say great job with this tool and all the instructions with it.... also for being so kind as to share with all of us!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about whether anyone was able to put any alerting/alarming with any conditions such as crossing above the 0 line or when arrows match up ..etc?

hey it can be done......quite easily

if you are not a programmer wait a little and let me get the FXcorrelator website up again by next week (ithas been delayed) as one of my programmers has a nice customised version they built with bells and whistles......

regards
NVP

Sara go to page 476 Post #3806 - Their are 3 detailed videos explaining how to trade this system/strategy.

Thanks NVP for the explanation, I may experiment with the different timeframes.. I may also change the delta :| .. Just experimenting :p:smart:

F

hey

changing the TF's Ma's and deltas is compulsory training......:p

the 80/20 is a steddie eddie entry system and purely for training purposes..:smart:

N

hey all

heres last weeks action .....

and that Free 80/20 (Training NVP ?) system sure kicks some
butt on the 1hr (y)

other systems (free or otherwise) should be so damn good :sneaky:

N

hey it can be done......quite easily

if you are not a programmer wait a little and let me get the FXcorrelator website up again by next week (ithas been delayed) as one of my programmers has a nice customised version they built with bells and whistles......

regards
NVP

Wow NVP website is up next week wow :p
Will be great :)

F