Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

easy pips through the Night (as F has said already)

just follow the rules

AND DONT MESS WITH THE CHF.......the SNB are heavily manipulating it still :cool:

look at that Dawn raid in the attachment !

N

Attachments

• overnight.jpg
    overnight.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 219
morning action provided a few pips here and there :smart:

let Dow opening settle for 15mins

N

Attachments

• morning session.jpg
    morning session.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 169
Dow is under more pressure :eek:

stay buying the yen / USD team :smart:

huge hit on Euro !!!

N

Attachments

• Dow Still falling .jpg
    Dow Still falling .jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 261
Oh my god the Euro is crazy today.. Sad thing I'm at a wedding .. All I can do is admire your screen shots through my phone :D

F

Yeah wow the euro would of been an excellent trade just now :|
A lot of money to be made their, just stick to the simple rules and money can be made :clap:

All I'm looking for is only 1 good signal during any trading day, so I can rack up a good profit :smart: -- The euro would of been that :D

This wedding is boring, this is more interesting :smart:

F

yeah

why is it that 99.9% of all other humans seem to enjoy boring stuff and traders get all the real excitement

N

define trading (??)

In the early 1960's I was sitting on the money bag alongside my bookmaker father and grandad at 3 and helping to make the odds for them at 5 by running around the other bookmakers stalls at racecourses comparing odds

hahahaha
N

cheeky Tyke (haha):LOL:

it was around....I was on the back office desk (as a trainee accountant) in the Shell trading room London in late 70's through the 80's where I became naturally fascinated with things and how it all worked (and the money those guys earned)...that was Oil and Products trading of course

I was still heavily into Horseracing & gambling during the 70's / 80's due to my families bookmaker connections and information that helped a lot (my dad stopped being a bookmaker in the late 60's and became a professional gambler for a while alongside a few other bits and pieces)

I didnt really start playing at trading until the 90's.......and it was basic FTSE punts using very crude MA's and other simple stuff.....(jees I was naive)

I focussed on Currencies from late 90's (no fixed approach or system) but then took a long sebatical to help out on family long term illness matters and also I had some very busy jobs at that point in my life so not much else was possible anyway

I fired up again 2005/6 (I seem to remember) and after some endless wandering around all the forums and a bit of training here and there (like we all do ?) I finally got my mojo with Strengthmeter research and experimentation from there....i've never looked back and will never trade anything else now regardless of (friendly) flak I get from other traders who are more mainstream in their approaches

Horses for courses

I guess really by 2000ad+ the technology was finally there to help it all happen fast and cheap for me

N

Aha wow nice, you must of had a really busy life :eek:
Your dad seems like a person who knows what he's doing :p

But I think I know what you mean.. About 3 years ago when I was 16.. I was listening to my dad and his brother (my uncle) talking about their investments etc... My uncle was a full time trader, who had been trading since the 80s.. I remember he was talking about how everyone should pool their money together and invest it in gold, and just leave it for 10 years and just see what happens to it ..
After I remember talking to my uncle about his investments and why he traded and he gave me a long lecture about the opportunities etc.. He told me he made vast amounts of profit and he lost over £100,000 in a matter of days..
After that it's been 3 years.. I'm 19, thinking about doing business management and accounting in university.. But I thought i'd try and learn something.. That's where Forex came in.. I asked my uncle about Forex but he says that it's not his 'forte'.
So been about 2 years I've been learning about Forex, how it works reading books in my spare-time, watching clips etc.. Reading this thread :p
I guess if i start at a young age, I'll have a lot of experience.. Better to do things early not late right?

F

Hey F

just do what feels right and let the life path take its course........the one thing I have realised over the years is making to many plans is not a good idea as things do change a lot along that road and boy the bumps can be unexpected and BIG !!

as someone once said think long term but act short term (or something like that)

learning about global markets ,Forex,Stocks, Shares and Economic activity is a great thing to be into and will hold you in good stead if you persue an Accounting and business related career....

in fact the better you are the higher you will climb as any idiot can add up a balance sheet.....but the Finance and Commercial Directors are in charge of sailing the corporate ships through the Economic storms we have now (and will always have)

Good luck to you (y)
N

but.......

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER do what someone tells you to do in trading unless you truly believe (and understand why and agree) yourself

and never gamble with money you cant afford...my dad made a lot of money in his Gambling career and then invested it in the stock market to secure his pension....

yep he got killed in one of the crashes as he thought stocks would never crash and were as safe as houses.....Broke his heart towards the end of his life bless him :innocent:

so your money your choice :smart:

N

but.......

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER do what someone tells you to do in trading unless you truly believe (and understand why and agree) yourself

and never gamble with money you cant afford...my dad made a lot of money in his Gambling career and then invested it in the stock market to secure his pension....

yep he got killed in one of the crashes as he thought stocks would never crash and were as safe as houses.....Broke his heart towards the end of his life bless him :innocent:

so your money your choice :smart:

N

Yeah I hear that, you can never trust a stranger with your money, your money your choice :D
But can you call something gambling if you know your gonna win? Or their is ano extremely high chance you will win ?

good point

if you get to the stage where you are consistently hitting 90%+ winning trades and achieving minumum risk / Drawdowns.....

then you can call it what you want :smart:

N

Yeah, that's what i love about this system, and Andy's 3 duck system which I don't use that much hmm..
If you stick to the rules, keep it simple and a lot of patience.. You are guaranteed to profit :)

F

PS- I need to look back at the post where you talk about how you can use the 3 ducks on the 8020 system.. Very interesting :D

F

Thats the us morning session traded......could be warming up again now (y)

aussie Twins in the sell chair ?

later all ....
N

Attachments

• us morning session.jpg
    us morning session.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 111