Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

mornin all..............:sleep:

US30 ranged overnight........my moneys on a rise again now

the tag team are already triple zero sells and its probably the Eurotribe (EUR/GBP) that look like the buys coming......:smart:

hey........your call :cool:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 245
a bit heavy for me personally........but i've loaded it here as a future reference point

i'm especially noting the Quadrants (below) as if we were trading on weekly charts or higher my standard Ideas/Philosphy's would be saying that Quadrants 1 and 4 are not scenarios beneficial to calling a trade !

N

Attachments

• black swan.pdf
    515.5 KB · Views: 767
  • pragmatic capitalism.jpg
    pragmatic capitalism.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 416
mornin all..............:sleep:

US30 ranged overnight........my moneys on a rise again now

the tag team are already triple zero sells and its probably the Eurotribe (EUR/GBP) that look like the buys coming......:smart:

hey........your call :cool:

N

I love it when a plan comes together....(y)

The GBP has not yet delivered a triple buy arrow so we couldnt go there (it still has a big sell signal on the 4h 20/1 setting).....:smart:

watch that 00 approaching though...........tighten up

later !
N

Attachments

• nice EU and EY buys.jpg
    nice EU and EY buys.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 374
Hi NVP.

Is any way to determine flat zones (period of time when not trade) according to your indicator?

Hi Graff.......

I noticed you around the thread a lot recently so hope things going well (y)

The indicator (or indicators in the case of the triple arrow system being trialled) is a dumb system............it fires out signals based on the ma's we tell it and thats that :)

my trialling Triple arrow uses 15m, 1h and 4h signals to confirm signals - so actually in my opinion its not toooo bad at any time of the day or the night in theory

if you want to overlay the US30 as confirming signals then really I should be advocating only trading when the dow is live and rolling (8.30am Eastern standard time onwards)....but then again as you can see from my london overnight posts the US30 futures seems to be pretty ok re confirming action so again theres no time preference for me personally

if you read the forums there are clear guidelines re best trading times - dependent on where you are in the world so would recommend you hunt them down and make your own opinion.........and then theres News releases that can overule any timezone !

I do have much faster scalping versions (5m/1m TF's) on trial and in this case I am only comfortable using in the london am session at present

N

Thanks for reply. Currently I'm working on my own indicator for MetaTrader 5 which has the same ideas but different algorithm. Source attached so anyone can try it.

Attachments

• ccfp_w_rules.mq5.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 512
Thanks for reply. Currently I'm working on my own indicator for MetaTrader 5 which has the same ideas but different algorithm. Source attached so anyone can try it.

thanks Graff (y)

unfortunately my strength is not programming :eek:........so hopefully others more smart will find it useful here :p

N

this is how the day panned out......

a lovely continued US30 rise put the tagchf team below the zero line on all the arrows

then you just had to pick off the triple arrow buy signals as they arrived :smart:

dont get clever though....today was a peach.......... so savour it :cool:

N

Attachments

• days action.jpg
    days action.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 273
mornin all............:sleep:

The Euro enjoyed the overnight us30 rises see the E/U chart far right ...........GBP has finally gone triple buy , but that dude has travelled a long long way up to be there (a retrace on a falling 4h) so be carefull

Comdolls are generally weak so if this us30 fest does retrace the could be the things to sell as the tag pushes inevitably back upwards

later
N

Attachments

• ovenights.jpg
    ovenights.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 272
Heres Colin Twigg who you may receive updates from on a daily basis.......

I like him - especially when he uses the US index which is what the FXcorrelator is...a Giant G8 index indicator (y)

see the second Screen ?- thats a daily Corrie on a 500/1 setting which matches Colins chart for the Green (USD) line.see how a 500ma setting can allow you price action and S/R calls ? :sneaky:

Remember Colin is just discussing the daily US Index...but the mighty Corrie can do this on all G8 currencies AND on all timeframes from 1min to monthly Timeframes..........:smart:

High stakes poker
By Colin Twiggs
October 14, 2010

The markets are starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling normally associated with another round of morphine-strength quantitative easing from the Fed. Further injections of money into the system, however, appear futile, given the results of the last $1 trillion splurge. And the glaring example of how a similar zero interest rate policy (ZIRP) failed to lift Japan out of the doldrums for almost two decades. Talk of QE may be largely posturing by the Fed ahead of the November G-20 summit on exchange rates.

The importance of this next summit should not be under-estimated. Convincing China and other major exporters to accept a substantial upward revaluation of their currencies will not be easy. And the tools necessary to force such an adjustment are largely un-tested. But failure would inevitably result in a trade war, with tit-for-tat imposition of punitive import tariffs, or a currency war, with competing devaluations. Either would generate massive global instability. The stakes are high. And this is one outcome the G-20 cannot afford to get wrong.

US Dollar Index (See attachment)
The US Dollar Index is testing support at 76.5; failure would test the 2009 low of 74.5. Twiggs Momentum (21-day) below its August low, after respecting the zero line, confirms a strong down-trend.

* Target calculation: 80 - ( 83.50 - 80 ) = 76.50

Attachments

• colins us index.jpg
    colins us index.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 248
  • daily corrie 500 ma.jpg
    daily corrie 500 ma.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Yen

I see Dominics finally confessed to the his Sell Yen call a while back :p

predictions are for fairgrounds and racecourses .....trade what you see (using a robust system and good money mangement) and you will always make money ;)

N

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment...r&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Money+Morning

Now that could be a perfect contra-indicator! Expect another BoJ job! A BANZAI that puts huge candle on the yen charts. The Japanese are essentially a war-like people and I can't see them taking this lying down.

Plus of course over the long term, central bank intervention is massively profitable.

They only other option they have is just to sit there and do nothing. Perhaps they will.

I don't know why I'm trying to convince anyone - my system's are short the yen at the moment!

Re: Yen

Now that could be a perfect contra-indicator! Expect another BoJ job! A BANZAI that puts huge candle on the yen charts. The Japanese are essentially a war-like people and I can't see them taking this lying down.

Plus of course over the long term, central bank intervention is massively profitable.

They only other option they have is just to sit there and do nothing. Perhaps they will.

I don't know why I'm trying to convince anyone - my system's are short the yen at the moment!

Hey mate !

Ouch to that......shes under pressure to rise on lower TF's as US30 is falling currently

N

Attachments

• yen shorts.jpg
    yen shorts.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 149
the week so far......

these are my top (4h) and middle (1h) Arrow signals you see (both on 20/1 ma).......the lowest (15m on a 14/3) is the trigger and needs the other dudes in place but is not shown here....

if you've been buying the Eurotribe members (Euro and GPB) and selling the Tag team (YEN & USD) since tuesday (at the aligned triple arrow times of course :rolleyes: ) then you should be quids in....assuming you are using decent exit methodologies or even simple Target pips when needed .........

looks like adamus is back on track with the Yen falling again (y)

N

Attachments

• the week so far.jpg
    the week so far.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 169

Hey mate !

Ouch to that......shes under pressure to rise on lower TF's as US30 is falling currently

N

I was talking from the hip again - in actual fact I am long GBPJPY and long USDJPY but short EURJPY - or at least I was when I last looked. It would be better to say I'm getting whipsawed.

[EDIT: at least with less leverage than last week - I downgraded my lot size 50% due to the rollercoaster nature of my equity swings.]

I was talking from the hip again - in actual fact I am long GBPJPY and long USDJPY but short EURJPY - or at least I was when I last looked. It would be better to say I'm getting whipsawed.

[EDIT: at least with less leverage than last week - I downgraded my lot size 50% due to the rollercoaster nature of my equity swings.]

yep - its a giant rollercoaster out there at present .......:cry:

this is what I mean......the CAD seems to know its direction but everyone else is a little confused........:cry:

yes I know CAD's Brown on the arrows and violet on the lines......the programming gurus kindly helping me are on the case.....

signing off :smart:
N

Attachments

• pm action.jpg
    pm action.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 138
mornin all...........:sleep:

CAD stayed short and CHF joined that party off a flatish US30 overnight

If that support level blows soon on us30 then it gotta be selling the tag team once the arrows line up..........youve got AUD and GBP and Euro lining up as potential buys

not arond much this morning so will post this afternoon :smart:
N

Attachments

• ovenights.jpg
    ovenights.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 114
hey all...........

Yesterday warmed up nicely pm.....

The tag got north off of a US30 fall and we had 3 sell currencies that delivered pips
CAD , AUD and Euro were triple arrow sells

1 video to come today so keep an eye out

N

Attachments

• yestrday.jpg
    yestrday.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 129
heres last weeks action

theres also a training / setup video coming for the triple arrow corrie :smart:
have good weekends
N

Last edited: