Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

last hour or so has been very flat........

this is marked by all the lines on the 14/3 15m chart (shown below) converging back towards Zero in an orderly manner

on a low MA like this that simply means the currencies are flattening allowing the ma line to converge and catch up with the real price bars

lets see if they all diverge like scalded cats again or alternatively we see some crossovers

US30 is retracing slightly on its slow slow journey north (15ms) so if this continues up I would expect some southerly divergence action (again) on the TAg team

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• convergence.jpg
    convergence.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 143
Hi all

back again............not bad action today now

see below ...US30 just had time for breakfast and started going North again .....see how the Yen comes back below the zero and the usd actually bounces perfectly on the Zero line to start falling ....perfect correlation :smart:

so then we look at the runners for buys........NZD was a triple Arrow buy just before TAG turned south (not the other commdolls)....the GBP choked as you can see :cry:....which left the Euro to appear recently as a buy so fingers crossed.....if GBP comes again I will be more confident as it does like to chase the Euro's moves sometimes...but we will need more US30 northerly headwinds

second attachment shows the anatomy of that N/U buy and key decision points.....jees CAD went triple buy between attachments !!!

thats it..........:smart:
N

Attachments

• updated pm action .jpg
    updated pm action .jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 117
  • nice NZDUSDbuy.jpg
    nice NZDUSDbuy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I use correlating trading on all the major FX currencies. i think this is one of the greatest tools in trading to keep you on the right side. I learnt everything, well most from www.twentytenfx.com, i dont mind sharing as they did a great deal for me as a trader and i believe there should be more people willing to share out there. I did also learn a great deal through trial and error of my own, but i would say the fundamental part of what is helping me turn out profitable months was taught from the guys there.

Too often we get people claiming they made this and that and have the best this and that but never let us in, let us in, thats what this is for isnt it?
I am sure many of you agree with me on that!

Last edited:
if anyone does want to share some tips please let me know, i am looking to learn as much as i can to strengthen my trading even more. If anyone has a good breakout startegy please PM me, be very interested to talk to you

I use correlating trading on all the major FX currencies. i think this is one of the greatest tools in trading to keep you on the right side. I learnt everything, well most from www.twentytenfx.com, i dont mind sharing as they did a great deal for me as a trader and i believe there should be more people willing to share out there. I did also learn a great deal through trial and error of my own, but i would say the fundamental part of what is helping me turn out profitable months was taught from the guys there.

Too often we get people claiming they made this and that and have the best this and that but never let us in, let us in, thats what this is for isnt it?
I am sure many of you agree with me on that!

hey mate welcome..........(y)

looks like those dudes at twentyten claim to offer you a solid system to trade for £399.00

Does that mean you are not making enough money with it ?

N

if anyone does want to share some tips please let me know, i am looking to learn as much as i can to strengthen my trading even more. If anyone has a good breakout startegy please PM me, be very interested to talk to you

hey mate :cool:

I would recommend you hunt the internet for "breakout systems" and read them till you find one you like..........I would recommend the only thing you now spend on trading is time to fine tune your own ideas and strategies - as sounds like you have the fundamentals all in place (y)

we are more than happy here to discuss any strategies you are currently using re correlation and strengthmeters to see if we can improve them further :smart:

N

hi all

a few pips overnight on N/U but really the flat US30 is not stimulating anything much really.......

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 205
the US30 seems to be drifting up (favouring continued selling of tag team) but the test will be yesterdays high....so I would wait till we see if that Zone is entered and play from there

contrian play is selling GBP which is now signalling on the 3 arrows....buy anything (y)

N

that N/U buys moving along nicely as the US 30 gracefully drifts up towards the key resistance point

AUD and CAD are triple buys as well now (following their tribal partner) but the arrows didnt allow us those trades until much more recently (especially CAD)

tighten up as the us30 is about to hit a brick wall (not shown)

N

Attachments

• more NU.jpg
    more NU.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 144
Hi Guys.

Latest incarnation of the FX Correlator attached, V5b.

Changes:

The 3 arrow rows can now have their own PerAvr & Delta values independent of the other rows and main chart.

Defaults set to M240 (20/1); M60 (20/1); M15 (14/3). The main chart: (20/1).

By using the properties on the indicator inputs tab the highlighted lines on the main chart will now stay highlighted after changing time frames.​

Regards
DJ

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR-5b.mq4
    23 KB · Views: 620
  • File-1.jpg
    File-1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 288
could be game over ....or just a temporary blip as US30 get 2nd wind before breaking that Resistance Level

your money your choice :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• end of the NU .jpg
    end of the NU .jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 227
I just hope my 3 ducks know what they are doing - they're still in as well, plus short the dollar all over the rest of the place. Can't wait to get the FXCorrie stuff online - not just for itself, but to provide some balance to my 3 frankenducks system.

At Lunch the US30 has give all overnight gains back now......lets see what happens next

I just hope my 3 ducks know what they are doing - they're still in as well, plus short the dollar all over the rest of the place. Can't wait to get the FXCorrie stuff online - not just for itself, but to provide some balance to my 3 frankenducks system.

hi mate

for newbies information - we've discussed the 3 ducks here in the past and I really respect that system and Andy a lot (y)

hmmm from below the 3 duck signals has gone on the N/U....but clearly once your in a trade other Exit rules probably apply

ok i'm back in meetings now till god knows what time .......good luck on pm session all :)

N

Attachments

• 3 ducks .jpg
    3 ducks .jpg
    59 KB · Views: 235

Frankenduck ?.........boy does that sound scary :eek:

joking aside I am well aware that the triple arrow system on the 20ma setting being tested here offers us a lot more trades than the ole 3 ducks .........the 3 ducks with a 60ma on the 4h will not signal the (inevitable) eventual retrace moves when a mega trend is over..........but boy it keeps you disciplined in only following the higher TF trends !

I love the idea re mixing the 2 styles (on different settings though) but have hands full at the moment ..........(sigh) :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• frankenduck.jpg
    frankenduck.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hi all

back again...........boy its been all action on the charts ;)

a few pips possible though as you see from below...the USD has not been above the Zero line on the 4h or the 1h corries (20/1) all day (not shown below) so its just been a matter of time of waiting for it to fall again below on the 15m chart (supported by US30 bull action) and line up some lovely USD sells :smart:

N

Attachments

• pm action.jpg
    pm action.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
hi all

I'm bored with the daily updates...... lets talk longer term

heres a 500/1 setting corrie on a daily TF showing the plight of the usd.....and its not gonna get better in the short term is it :innocent:

CADS hardly any better..........and look at the yen......it would be much higher if the BoJ didnt keep making moves on it

N

Attachments

• last 5 months.jpg
    last 5 months.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hi all

I have stupid deadlines at work for next 2 days so posting will be virtually non existent :rolleyes:

hey - you all know the gameplan here (whatever version of the corrie paths you are walking) so lets knuckle down to some pips before the NFP's tomorrow :smart:

Rravic - lets touch base at the weekend my friend re any progress on your supercorrie work

(Hey - no worries if its slow - we are all busy in our daily lives) (y)

N

hi all

I'm bored with the daily updates...... lets talk longer term

heres a 500/1 setting corrie on a daily TF showing the plight of the usd.....and its not gonna get better in the short term is it :innocent:

CADS hardly any better..........and look at the yen......it would be much higher if the BoJ didnt keep making moves on it

N

In a similar vein, there's an interesting contrarian perspective here if anyone wants some lunchtime viewing:
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/video/daily_news_report/2010/10/07/When_Will_It_End_-_Tech_Talk_Thursday.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter