Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

tag been falling steadily since monday 8th now......how long before a rally ?

......and does Euro look like its running out of steam again ?

N

Attachments

• 17th 4 h.jpg
    17th 4 h.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 135
really busy today again dudes so sorry if its quiet on the posting front......

feel free to post any questions or comments here re correlation and i'm happy to try to comment/help

N

markets fall......tag rise.....nice pips on Euro....but GBP wont be lured out of the o/n range yet.....hmmmmm

N

heres the ole breach action today...............just wish that Euro and GBP would kiss and make up a little more like the old days as they really are a little more distant these days............:confused:

N

Attachments

• overnight breaches 101.jpg
    overnight breaches 101.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 141
last post for a while as stuffed at work.............

markets been driving up most of the night but tag not exactly falling in response....they seem much more responsive to rising on recent retraces eh !...........:sneaky:

what does that tell you to do if markets start to turn down more..........:eek:

ive given up on predicting what to do on the Europair though......

N

Attachments

• no comprende.jpg
    no comprende.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 159
last post for a while as stuffed at work.............

markets been driving up most of the night but tag not exactly falling in response....they seem much more responsive to rising on recent retraces eh !...........:sneaky:

what does that tell you to do if markets start to turn down more..........:eek:

ive given up on predicting what to do on the Europair though......

N

a few there when gold finally retraced.............GBP and Euro delivered for a change (y)

N

Attachments

• a few pippys.jpg
    a few pippys.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 182
Hi N and other viewers,

Saw I missed a cracking day yesterday but I had promised my daughters a day out and that. for me, takes precedence over everything - besides which, unlike count dracula I can get out during the day! Here is what I saw this morning....

GU; First trade went long on 08:10 bar and got kicked out when SL hit during 08:30 bar for 21 pip loss, could have reduced this loss slightly but concentration was a bit rusty. Second trade sell stop at 57838 triggered by 08:55 bar and price kind of went downwards then formed a prominent support and I exited after 09:35 bar close for 20 pip profit - again probably a late exit but there was to much volatility to trail closely. Third trade sell stop at 57642 triggered by 10:10 bar but momentum didnt follow through and price found a bit of support and drifted upwards threatening SL with around a 15 pip MAE, then it drifted down and found initial entry point again, hovered for three bars then 11:15 bar came to rescue and price dropped only to find a bit of support again. TS dragged down after 11:30 down bar as I didnt want to chance a sudden reversal in these very unstable conditions and during 11:35 got taken out for 9 pip profit.

EU; Looks like I missed the early morning boat on this pair and after my session start, price took ages to "sort itself out" chart wise and wasnt until 09:00 and beyond that any setups were visible. First trade sell stop placed at 37346 at 09:10 then at 09:40 revised to 37464 and 09:50 bar just triggered this. Price meandered around in a tightish range for an hour before 10:55 bar sprung into life and pushed price downwards then it flopped around for a few bars until finally taking out TS at end of 11:40 bar for 16 pip profit.

EG; First trade placed buy stop at 87228 and high at end 08:25 bar just clipped this then price crawled sideways for five bars before moving up beyond entry point on 08:55 bar. Trailed price fairly aggresively as this looked very unstable and sure enough, 09:30 bar hit TS for 6 pip profit. Second trade sell stop placed at 87128 and 09:45 bar just missed this as price came down then bounced up again. Kept order in market and 10:30 bar triggered this but price rose up immediately for two bars then turned over and started to pick up some much needed momentum going southbound. Exited on close of 11:20 bar for 1 pip loss as patience ran out with this trade.

Fair amount of indecision around the place this morning and out of the "fab" three so far it looks like GU is maybe poised to shake off the shorts and hit the long jump sometime a bit later on, who actually knows? I dont for sure!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• eg170210.gif
    eg170210.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 142
  • eu170210.gif
    eu170210.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 121
  • gu170210.gif
    gu170210.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 154
more usd buying to come i think....just be patient... :sneaky:

Attachments

• bullish USD today.jpg
    bullish USD today.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 145
Hi N and other viewers,

GU; First trade went long on 08:10 bar for 21 pip loss
Second trade sell stop at 57838 triggered by 08:55 bar for 20 pip profit
Third trade sell stop at 57642 triggered by 10:10 bar for 9 pip profit.

EU; First trade sell stop placed at 37464 and 09:50 bar just triggered this for 16 pip profit.

EG; First trade placed buy stop at 87228 and high at end 08:25 bar for 6 pip profit. Second trade sell stop placed 10:30 bar triggered this for 1 pip loss as patience ran out with this trade.

Fair amount of indecision around the place this morning and out of the "fab" three so far it looks like GU is maybe poised to shake off the shorts and hit the long jump sometime a bit later on, who actually knows? I dont for sure!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

hey mate.................solid pips....(y)

lets see what happens later on.....

N

if gold falls below 1122 then its game on for buy usd sell eurotwins.....euro looks better bet

N

bloody marvellous gold falls, usd rises and the euro twins are sitting like dead ducks in a pond.....

N

thats a long push for gold so retrace coming....if you have the stomach stay for the stop-loss testing !!

G/U is happy tto rise a little but E/U isnt.....

damn I like sell e/U .....just want gold to fold down again.....

I have to go to meetings now......but heres the charts I was watching

G/U , E/U and the Gold were down to 1m.....see how I was looking for the price action falls on 1m gold to drive USD upwards......

usd was actually rising but so were Euro and GBP so the pips were not appearing that much on the pair charts !!!

a few here now......but I wont buy the roller yet.....:smart:
N
NOTE - remember I was observing an extended drive up by gold prior to this that was not sending USD down much.....therefore my bias was usd up if gold finally started to retrace....problem is I get usd calls at least 80-90% of the time ......its the behaviour of the currencies to pair it with that is the issue ! (i.e. I need them to oppose the usd move)

Attachments

• a few pips.jpg
    a few pips.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 197
Hello,
Does anyone have Indicator which can calculate corelation based on this formula =CORREL(A1:A50,B1:B50)
For e.g. Thats what i want to see.Thank you :)

Attachments

• KOR1.jpg
    KOR1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 639
Hello,
Does anyone have Indicator which can calculate corelation based on this formula =CORREL(A1:A50,B1:B50)
For e.g. Thats what i want to see.Thank you :)

Hi Zaprietas

this is good ole excel right ?

can you expand a little what you actually want to see ? as an indicator ?

if we have no expertise here to help you then I recommend going to TSD_forex or Forex factory where a lot of programming dudes hang out :smart:

N

I see those sell E/U and Sell G/U's are still going...........nice !

tomorrow dudes....dentist visit now (ouch time)
N

Hi NVP,
yes, this is good old excel :smart:
How to explain?Hmm, well whit excel as you can see its calculating automaticaly, but what i need to do is to put prices there from History centre.Is it posible to make indicator something like this for MT4?
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/05/051905.asp

Hi zaprietas,

NVP is "off duty" until the morning so I'll get some questions to you to see if there is anything anyone can do to help you....

Are you wanting real time data fed into MS Excel or EoD data? If its rt data, have you considered mt4 API as a means of driving data to your worksheet? I did see some traders over on forex factory doing something like this and from memory it was a thread within the programming section of forum.

We have seen a quite significant divergence of some previously good correlated price action as of late, probably caused by enormous financial concerns in Euro zone which are spilling over to the UK and USA as well, so you will need to take that into account. There was quite a good site which used to regularly update correlation between different currencies, will try and find out what this was for you.

Its best if you could explain a little more what you are wanting to achieve here so we can all scratch our thick heads and help you out!

Simon.