Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N and whoever,

Its Monday and off we go on the roller coaster again, well kiddies ride anyway.... The good old US of A is on public holiday today so normally I wouldnt be trading, but with a little spare time on my hands and trigger fingers twitching twice as fast as a gunslinger in one of those great John Wayne cowboy films of old, in I went at half pop stakes to keep the grey matter active.

GU; Entered long on 08:15 bar at 56682, price went into two "dead" bars before pushing upwards, then dying off again before doing a retrace, then rising again (could feel my breakfast starting to come up here!) and making a new local high and yes, then retreating again, again.... Watched 09:35 bar to see if this could at least get near local high but it didnt so took this as "marker" for exit and TS hit during 09:50 bar for a rather protracted 6 pip profit. Chart got itself a bit confused following first trade and although 11:40 bar broke out of previous local high print, I decided to leave this pair alone and forego the quick 12 or so scalp pip profit.

EU; Sell stop at 35978 just triggered by 08:50 bar and price moved down for one lousy bar then retreated upwards, turned down once more into a lower support level and then went back up to take out tight SL for 14 pip loss. Second trade buy stop at 36184 triggered by 10:25 bar and this time price rose upwardsquite nicely which allowed me to adjust SL to BE, but small 10:50 bar's low took this out for a rubbish zero pip nothing.

EG;Sell stop at 86848 triggered by 08:15 bar and after a bit of a stagger price obliged by motoring on southwards. Exited on close 09:15 bar for 8 pip profit. Second trade waited for price to drop again after 10:00 up bar and short entered at 86834 on 10:10 bar but that naughty price started to move up after this although it was a very shallow retrace and came down again to near initial entry, then popped up and finally fell over on 11:30 bar to push downwards. Exited trade at my midday cut off on 11:55 bar close for 7 pip profit - probably one bar to early as next bar went further down! Theres lady luck for you.

Off now to spend some time with my two daughters as they are on half term break, hope everyone can catch some better market volatility this afternoon once the markets decide to wake up - remember our cousins across the pond are partying today so liquidity will be low.

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu150210.gif
    gu150210.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 137
  • eu150210.gif
    eu150210.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 144
  • eg150210.gif
    eg150210.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 159
mornin all......:sleep:

I see the thread just celebrated 30,000 views over the weekend so I better come up with something half decent this week.......:cry:

JRP have you got the KB dress on to celebrate ?
N

Hi N,

Many congrats on passing 30k views. Cant wear the KB dress as my two daughters dragging me off to the pictures this afternoon - one out of the three of us has to wear trousers!!

Simon.

Hi N,

Many congrats on passing 30k views. Cant wear the KB dress as my two daughters dragging me off to the pictures this afternoon - one out of the three of us has to wear trousers!!

Simon.

shame....youve got the legs to carry it off you know :p

n

Hi N and whoever,

GU; Entered long on 08:15 bar at 56682 for 6 pip profit.

EU; Sell stop at 35978 just triggered by 08:50 bar for 14 pip loss. Second trade buy stop at 36184 triggered by 10:25 bar for a rubbish zero pip nothing.

EG;Sell stop at 86848 triggered by 08:15 bar for 8 pip profit. Second trade waited for price to drop again after 10:00 up bar and short entered at 86834 on 10:10 bar but for 7 pip profit - probably one bar to early as next bar went further down! Theres lady luck for you.

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

thanks JRP........enjoy the movies this afternoon....

see how the ole triple currency combo keeps it relatively neutral on a slow day for our own resident gunslinger.........

i'm more the charlie sheen young gun with no experience......except without the looks (or the impending jail sentence :cool:)

I love John Wayne......my favourite films are actually when he lightened them up a little like Mclintock, the Quiet man and the one with Dean martin in as a drunken gunhand which I cannot remember.....:sneaky:

Superb
N

mornin all.............:sleep:

markets drifted up generally overnight with tag falling.....Euro enjoyed nice steady rise with GBP a little more choppy.......about 50-60 pips though the night on both with usual drawdown moments......piece of cake....:p

Euro had best rise of the night except for Aus and NZD who picked up from about 5am

quite big ranges on overnights then so use your discretion......see if the 15m 7am bar causes any change in direction or if its just a pause then continuation.....

promising momentum today and GBP has been relatively quiet.....so far :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• 16th feb onigts.jpg
    16th feb onigts.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 127
heres action courtesy of Forex factory....

watch GBP action early on......if it blows the forecast then currency should theoretically go up .....

then the germans review business confidence.......could be poor so Euro could dump.....

N

Attachments

• 16th cALENDAR.jpg
    16th cALENDAR.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 139
3.5% ....thats pants but in the range expected

sell euro........ e/U looks good as gold is now flattening and may go short drivign usd upwards even more

E/U looks safe below 1.3665 now for a while

famous last words
N

N

hmmmmm.......all a little jumbled at present ....neutral German economic news......markets need to decide where next......the E/U stop loss got rattled didnt it above....sorry and come out at moment

N

hmm looks like usd up euro pair down.....i'd like gold below 1113 though please....

again this is painful.....in all truth the USD could easily dump again and E and G actually look bullish to me ......remove bets please.....

n

its the comm dolls taking the pain on this recent USD retrace.....thats why our eurotrades looking so whippy at present

usd still looks bullish to me......just need gold to fall below 1113 levels and one of the eurozone currencies to realise they are not in the Tag and fall !

another push now from markets and gold to drive usd up.......chose your partner to sell....and go for it....

at the moment its the aussie twins falling.......got the stomach for a A/U sell ?

wow.....its rocking......usd is now saying it wants down despite that market push.....crazy times....

trying to move into the 21st century :eek:....can anyone recommend some good twitter sites for forex news......?

Ive just registered with Twitter....and am currently wrestling with lots of naff forex sites ive loaded........I just want news man just the news.....!

N

I hope you are all filling booties.......markets flying and tag dumping.....

did i miss something here ?????

markets up and tag down......(see below).....purest move for many a day......GBP and Euro both got booties filled with no arguments...(not shown)

Attachments

• lift off.....jpg
    lift off.....jpg
    38 KB · Views: 123
mornin all...........:sleep:

interesting session overnight......

nikkei was very bullish session with gold and dow futures generally up as well.......but in honesty yen and usd did not realy fall much......if any:sneaky:

wait till they correlate better to trade......looks like the tag are happier to rise currently (with stimulus from falling markets) than fall.....

nice tight overnight ranges there so they will be good to watch and trade if everything falls into place soon..........

N

Attachments

• 17th overnight.jpg
    17th overnight.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 149