Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Attachments

• taken.JPG
    taken.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 169
morning all

after a cracking week the usd opens Friday bull bull bull

stay on it ..buy the bounces ............its going to have to come off some 20 pips (Asian low) to make me get jiggy selling it

most stuff offering sells at times ..........Europeans as good as any

later
N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 169
  • buy uds 2.JPG
    buy uds 2.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 178

Attachments

• usd trading today.JPG
    usd trading today.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 125
  • boom.JPG
    boom.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 114
hey all ........manic today so never got a shot at trading

jees the usd has opened weak ............too much bully beef last week perhaps !!

anyway classic London session selling the Asian bear bounces off resistance ............US session opened really well with gains ..........but all given back now

N

Attachments

• usd under pressure.JPG
    usd under pressure.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 94
hi everyone

not being able to scalp at the moment allows me the luxury of stepping back a few Timeframes .......it can be easier to trade but is not nearly as lucrative as your volume of trades drops through the floor and basically it would become no more than a hobby to anyone who was trying to make a serious living in trading

I know many will dispute that but I cannot see how ...........you cant beat the math on it !

anyway heres the USD index (well my version)..........

current 4H TF..................USD is booming.......sure a few hiccups yesterday but she is rolling ................in fact look at the monthly and we see here back at the post crash highs ........yes we are back to the beginning again from 2008/9 highs

unbelievable what a few billion Dollars will do when thrown at a wall of trouble............yes QE has put the Dollar back on top of the world (well a few other countries helped)

later
N

Attachments

• back to the beginning.JPG
    back to the beginning.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 101
  • usd 4H.JPG
    usd 4H.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 156
and today ?

well heres the usd index .........about 9-10 pips p from Asian open but batting a 6 pip range

I would stay bull until/if something really rattles the support lines of the Asian

yen is the sell at moment ........AUD is the big buy

cheers :smart:
N

Attachments

• usd today.JPG
    usd today.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 97
hey all

I would have played a lot of USD buys in London session ...........and now the us session is a booming bull

such is life .......back later if I get a break

N

Attachments

• usd early us session.JPG
    usd early us session.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 110
hey all ............didn't trade much this morning and crazy busy now for rest of day

Asian was a bear session alright for USD .........20-30 pips fell from open but being clawed back in the London session where usd is doing ok ......

for me I waould still be on bear bias as the Asian open has not been broken as yet ..............

so bear trades would be my lead still.........re other currencies its been serious consolidation in London session from Asian openings

GBP looks ready to buy again .......yen and CAD look like resells soon

N

Attachments

• usd under pressure.JPG
    usd under pressure.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 118
my gameplan when only having a few mins to trade is pretty much the same plan as used again and again when full time during the day .......and if nothing springs out then I leave it alone ! - no trading !

I look at my indicators and get a feel for where the 8 currency indexes are in the day

whos strong / whos weak
where is everyone relative to Asian session / open
where is everyone relative to London Session / open
where is everyone relative to US Session / open (if its happened)
whos retracing
Whos hitting S / R levels
news events coming / Happened in day and relative effects so far

and my beloved USD index gets the full treatment regarding where I think its going to go next

then I pull the trigger .........:smart:

ALSO .........

within all of this trading malarkey one thing I notice that many traders don't do...........

what is NOT happening in the markets is equally as important as what IS happening ...........:whistling.........now that's Deep !!!

European are the sells with most others solid bull now for London session

later
N

morning all

again no time today to trade .............grrrrrrrrrr :(

ok heres the week on the greeny ...........sold off some 70 pips in week so far

notice all the classic price action patterns ?............same as pairs .....?

yep ..............same approach is used generally by me to call trades .........from 1 day to 1 min ..............I am very attentive to price action signals

so now what ?

well for me on a Friday (aside from news) ..........the first thing I try to look for is big movers in the week

where we have currencies that have yielded major pip moves (bull/bear)...you have to be thinking profit taking for traders ...........so watch the retraces .........like for example the USD ........................70 pips is so so for a week ..........but if people got in through the week on USD pairs they are gonna make sure they are locked in for weekend ....right ?

same for other currencies

now that's positional thought for the day ...........pretty useless for 1 min scalping ..........but I use the same principles for all time Frames

price action and plenty of common sense !!!!

be safe out there
N

Attachments

• usd the week.JPG
    usd the week.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 79
morning all

again no time today to trade .............grrrrrrrrrr :(

ok heres the week on the greeny ...........sold off some 70 pips in week so far

notice all the classic price action patterns ?............same as pairs .....?

yep ..............same approach is used generally by me to call trades .........from 1 day to 1 min ..............I am very attentive to price action signals

so now what ?

well for me on a Friday (aside from news) ..........the first thing I try to look for is big movers in the week

where we have currencies that have yielded major pip moves (bull/bear)...you have to be thinking profit taking for traders ...........so watch the retraces .........like for example the USD ........................70 pips is so so for a week ..........but if people got in through the week on USD pairs they are gonna make sure they are locked in for weekend ....right ?

same for other currencies

now that's positional thought for the day ...........pretty useless for 1 min scalping ..........but I use the same principles for all time Frames

price action and plenty of common sense !!!!

be safe out there
N

despite what others may at times..... I don't make this up you know........:LOL:

usd coming north

N

Attachments

• usd.JPG
    usd.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 113
morning all

ok nearly at close of my trading session pre work ..........not bad

USD has sold off in Asian session now .........I sold it down as yen was selling too so seemed pretty safe option..........I really am hunting a buy bounce at moment but London isn't really supporting that presently - see chart

I would be surprised to see the greenback fall below the Asian Support levels so early in the day ................it may well languish now in the range shown

N

Attachments

• usd index.JPG
    usd index.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
eu been kind to me and really paying off now ...........

EURO is the bull currency so far today
Yen and GBP the sells
Usd is net bear at moment (hence my sells)

later
N

Attachments

• eu buys london session.JPG
    eu buys london session.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 88
ok I cranked a few pips out pre work ........satisfied with that ........should gone heavier on the EJ sells really .........frustrating .....but EU was ok

later
N

Attachments

• ej.JPG
    ej.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 134
ok as I leave its a little unclear on the next usd plays ..........I would comfortable hammer sells and buys where the key S/R levels are .....once you get conformation of breaches

I would probably look to the big mover currencies so far today to lead me into anything else using usd as the secondary currency for trades until it offers more clues

so the euro is a permabuy as it bounces ...........yen and gbp sells

later all

N

Attachments

• usd channel.JPG
    usd channel.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 120