Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

and one thats not happening.....

N

Attachments

• supercorrie GBP JPY.jpg
    supercorrie GBP JPY.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 169
this one still is though..........

I see the US30 Equities are stalling down now on the 15m charts but USD still seems weakish still so let it run......:smart:

N

Attachments

• EU.JPG
    EU.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I personally would never trade this pair despite the supercorrie offering good money in the few weeks ...........tell me why anyone ? :smart:

N

Attachments

• trading AUDNZD   NOT.jpg
    trading AUDNZD NOT.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I personally would never trade this pair despite the supercorrie offering good money in the few weeks ...........tell me why anyone ? :smart:

N

heres a clue........and really throw any CAD pairings in the mix for these 2 dudes as well

but then we would miss out on some good money recently on AUDCAD ???.....hmmm perhaps my tribe rules need some revisiting

N

Attachments

• family.jpg
    family.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 126
Hi Neil,
looks great. Glad you got it sorted. You could buy a couple of sets of old traffic lights and link them up to your USB port.

Seriously though on the US30 vs Euro-tribe/Tag team - which is the leader, or do they swap roles?

Hi Neil,
looks great. Glad you got it sorted. You could buy a couple of sets of old traffic lights and link them up to your USB port.

Seriously though on the US30 vs Euro-tribe/Tag team - which is the leader, or do they swap roles?

hi mate........

In my own opinion the actual closest correlation to Global equities is the NEGATIVE relationship of the Yen and USD and now also CHF (as the Swiss goverment had stopped interfering temporarily)......or in other words the currencies with the lowest interest rates on offer (to fund the carry trades)...........

anyway by the very nature of these dudes reacting in negative direction to the Global equities (generally) by definition (as the Forex G8 movements are a zero sum game) the rest of the currencies on the whole must move in opposite direction to these Risk currencies - so in other words they look like they are moving in positive correlation with global equities

its usually fuzzier than that but thats my main roadmap re looking for trades correlated to Equity markets and how I match my currencies

so interestingly when a currency is swimming with say the Yen/USD and the CHF and the Global Equities are negatively correlating to these 3 dudes (ie all is corrleated as we expect) then the Currency swimming with them is not behaving with usual correlation and it is useful to then identify the reasons and trade the currency when the news effects dissapear......

however in this scenario the more obvious and easy plays are to trade the currencies opposing the Tag team etc etc and fill your boots ! (y)

N

Attachments

• int rates.jpg
    int rates.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Hi Neil,

hi mate

as usual I learn heaps more about my trial systems as soon as I start to expose them on This thread.........and therefore have to knuckle down to some real analysis

I am already 95%+ decided now to add a further arrow to my supercorrie....something that I had been undecided on for a long while now :smart:

I am also constantly testing my correlation principles and rules re Currency pair selection that recently have been blown out of the water at times........such as dont trade within tribes that I was explaining earlier on.... but trading inter-commdoll currencies would have brought some nice pips in recently (buy AUD / Sell CAD & NZD) and thats probably the most Taboo tribe I would ever intertrade with (Vs the Tag Team or the Eurotribe where I would be more happy to intertrade if needed)

I would recommend anyone who is still paper trading and serious about making the step into real trading posts a journal on T2W and gets that discipline and exposure into their day ASAP........

N

Last edited:
ok I'm out for rest of the day now tied up............

heres the current 4h supercorrie and in my experience this is as about as clear as it gets re directional currencies

as you can see only the GBP is wavering on a confirmed 3 arrow confirmation and thats because it had such a fast move today !

so what does it tell me ?

well with a bullish Equity market still on the 4h charts I am comfortable selling the Yen and the USD against whatever is looking good to buy

with NZD, CAD and GBP falling and my continued unsurity on the bias of the CHF it leaves a tendency to prefer buying Euro and AUD into the Tag team (the E/U buy having been called yesterday anyway)

of course if whatever is hampering the rise of the NZD,GBP or the CAD was to be released or deemed now of no further consequence by traders then these guys could be great retrace plays into the Tag team....but until then .....

later all:smart:
N

Attachments

• total committment.jpg
    total committment.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 645
mornin all........

my 15m and 4h supercorries are showning this...........

on the 4h's we have nice continued signals on CAD , USD and NZD (Sells)
whilst the Euro and AUD continues to signal a buy

however the 4H is a completely different ball game (16X higher in bar sizes and view)
to the 15m's where we see only the CAD offering a similar (Sell) signal to the 4h's and the rest mainly confused in direction at present

NOTE - in supercorrie the higher the Arrow is the more slower the signal..... so its the lowest (fastest ma) line where you will note the first changes in directionality....

my E/U is still a decent punt (both following correlation principles) but overnight it did retrace severely..... CAD and NZD are solid sells especially if the US30 (finally) yields a little later today....the AUD is finally coming under pressure to fall a little (look at the 15m Supercorrie) so could be a fast faller if us30 yields and it converges back to its tribal commdoll partners

Yen is bearish/flat whilst CHF is also picking up speed south....but if that US30 falls then I can see them both flying upwards today (and then USD will follow but with less volatility)

GBP is slowly climbing but its hard hard work from a big fall

overall its a crazy market on the 4h's as 3 currencies (NZD , CAD and GBP) are not following correlation principles so I am nervous to follow them

later
N

Attachments

• supercorrie.jpg
    supercorrie.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hey all (y)

i'd be happy to see some other supercorrie Ideas here usaing rravics new indicators in pages below

first obvious one is to set up the scalper setting (20/1) on say higher 3 timeframes and trade on all 3 being aligned :-

H4 20/1
H1 20/1
15M 20/1

i'll do it myself when i get time

RRavic - I need to send you some stuff and start conversations but sorry work is crazy so will get to you soonest...promise !!! ;)

N

N

Last edited:
here she is..........the scalper on the new indicator with arrows

14ma/delta3 is a smoooother 20/1 so very similar result will be seen and less jerking hopefully

for all you afficiados out there this is the (rough) eqivalent of trading any currency when its above or below its 20,80 and 320 ma's on the 15m charts

so if all 3 line up its a tradable currency......then its deciding whats around to trade against it (if nothings obvious) :sneaky:

exit using price action on the pairs chart or watch for a change in (lowest) arrow direction on the currencies being traded (assuming that both currencies were 3 arrows aligned on entry)

Note - you could ignore the H4 Timeframe if its not aligned as this will allow some great lower TF retraces ....as usual the more layers you add the less trading signals will appear

This baby will move around much faster that my other supercorrie offerings I am playing with so be careful !!

this is excellent progress........as we all know the FXcorrelator (bless it) is a good strenghtmeter but following those 8 lines on multiple charts is headache city :innocent:

looks like only CHF wants to play at the moment..........

N

Attachments

• scalper setting.jpg
    scalper setting.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I see that GBP has stepped off a cliff but again that dude is to fast and furious (and dangerous)to chase on any indicators i am playing with .....

ok off to meetings for a long while......

beware the dangers of new boys toys..it will affect your eyes and your sanity......:eek:

bottom left here is the triple scalper - buy Euro sell USD

and looks like the CAD may finally be starting to fight back upwards

N

Attachments

• new toy.jpg
    new toy.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi all

popping in and out ....heres that triple 14ma/delta 3 in action

Ive added a full size corrie to show the 15m timeframe vs the arrows

all I am advocating is to trade the 15m signal if supported by the 1h and the 4h but really this is about being on the ball as signal happens and not after the event

so at this exact moment :-

The CAD and YEN are buys (although you can see them converging back at the moment)
The Euro is an early buy signal

The NZD and AUD and CHF re Sells (looks nice early days as well)
The GBP is a sell again following a stupendous earlier sell off (!)

so only the USD is dazed and confused..........like me :p

tomorrow :smart:
N

Attachments

• 14_3_Scalper supercorrie.jpg
    14_3_Scalper supercorrie.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 133
mornin all

lets focus on the triple scalper corrie setting(14/3)...this is a known system here on the thread

nothing lining up yet....if you went on just the 2 lower tf's you would have a few more options but be trading retraces in terms of the 4h charts......

the 1h us30 is not exactly giving a clear signal either.....

N :smart:

Attachments

• 14 3 supercorie.jpg
    14 3 supercorie.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
just chewing the cud a little with RRavic..........jees some of you guys out there can code (y)

This thread is gonna get better and better as we head towards the 100,000 views

90,000 up now so thanks everyone

Proud to be in the company of those 3 above me......... but we can do better cant we ??

N

Attachments

• the league.jpg
    the league.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
mornin all

lets focus on the triple scalper corrie setting(14/3)...this is a known system here on the thread

nothing lining up yet....if you went on just the 2 lower tf's you would have a few more options but be trading retraces in terms of the 4h charts......

the 1h us30 is not exactly giving a clear signal either.....

N :smart:

the Euro and USD lined up around 8am this morning......60 pips later (y)

N

Attachments

• nice EU 8am.jpg
    nice EU 8am.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
in fact Euro's been kicking plenty of butt.......:rolleyes:

GBP was a buy as well on 15m and 1h..........but the 4H arrows refuses to turn....yet

N

Attachments

• euro buys.jpg
    euro buys.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 91
I may have to have special rules for the GBP ......it is without doubt the most frustrating and sonnovabitch currency to trade in the G8

jees.......:rolleyes:
N