Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the corrie scalper is in full action today....2 nice trades identified earlier

first blood to the corrie scalper on the new platform ! (y)

N

looks like JRP is back in business as nice moves on the E,G and U so far

Attachments

• 2 nice scalps.jpg
    2 nice scalps.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hi N and all else,

Wow! Summer really has come to the UK with a bang but like all of the Euro rouble zone, we have those big storm clouds looming in the background - run for the Dollar and safe haven? Enough of the dribble....

GU; First trade buy stop at 44982 filled during 08:05 bar, price picked up nice momemtum and chugged north over 25 points then did an opposite mirror of this by reversing downwards and taking out adjusted SL during 08:55 bar for 14 point loss. Second trade short entered at 44625 on open 09:00 bar, price stalled then next bar took it down and it went into tight six bar range, 09:40 bar broke down out of range but no momentum there and price drifted upwards again taking out TS with small wick of 10:05 bar for 15 point profit. Third trade sell stop at 44074 filled by tail of 11:00 bar, price drifted up then corrected itself and moved down to new 11:20 local low print, did another weak drift up again then moved back down creating new local lows and trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 43 point profit.

EU; First trade long entered at 25132 on open 08:10 bar, price did nothing for three bars then keeled over taking out SL during 08:30 bar for 18 point loss. Second trade short entered at 24656 on open 09:00 bar, had to wait one bar before big 09:05 push down, price floated around well below entry level for 12 bars before 10:20 bar gave another and very welcome push down, then it stalled again without any threat and 10:50 bar took hold to drive price southwards with a fair degree of momentum this time, trade exited on close of 11:55 bar for 81 points profit.

EG; Unfortunately a real "twisted" chart morning but with both GU and EU doing their south bound walkabouts I didnt see any decent setups on this pair apart from maybe a few scalps here and there.

Having to take two hits on two separate pairs for their respective first trades this morning shows we are still firmly entrenched within a "dont know" environment until someone somewhere shows the proverbial hand and we can all follow along. Be careful this afternoon as this lot can turn on a dime and it would only take one spike bar to create havoc - trade well and best regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu240510.gif
    gu240510.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 134
  • eu240510.gif
    eu240510.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 122
Hi N and all else,

GU; First trade buy stop at 44982 filled during 08:05 bar, adjusted SL during 08:55 bar for 14 point loss. Second trade short entered at 44625 on open 09:00 bar, of 10:05 bar for 15 point profit. Third trade sell stop at 44074 filled by tail of 11:00 bar, close 11:55 bar for 43 point profit.

EU; First trade long entered at 25132 on open 08:10 bar, taking out SL during 08:30 bar for 18 point loss. Second trade short entered at 24656 on open 09:00 bar, exited on close of 11:55 bar for 81 points profit.

EG; Unfortunately a real "twisted" chart morning but with both GU and EU doing their south bound walkabouts I didnt see any decent setups on this pair apart from maybe a few scalps here and there.

hey mate .......you bagged the USD buy / Euozone sell right on the money (ref my earlier corrie scalper post signalling a usd buy at 8.50 am sell Eurozone).....shame re the G/U move as it deserved more than 15pips

then you caught the second wave of USD buy signal again right on the money near 11am.....and bagged some more G/U sell action....

everyone notice that since the Euro is normally less volatile than GBP, JRP stayed on the E/U sell all the way through the morning to bag his 81 pip haul........the G/U required 2 trades as it will always bite back on these occasions :smart:

excellent trading from the stigmaister (y)

N

Scalper warming up nicely today -see attachment

heres the FXCorrelator_Scalper indicator below thats already set to 20ma and ive also given you a bolder yen and dollar so you can see when the boys are crossing the zero together :love:

all rules and legals apply as below :smart:

N

sorry but I need to fire up all my indicators on this new platform to give my overnights etc etc and i'm (still) on holiday

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-415.html#post1134606

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_SCALPER.mq4
    4.2 KB · Views: 646
  • scalping 101.jpg
    scalping 101.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 259
hi all

gotta go now.....but look at that USDCAD flying !

N

Attachments

• cadusd sell.jpg
    cadusd sell.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 166
hi all

the corrie scalper has just come on stream for a tag sell (see below)

most G6 buys look good ......let it retrace a little on the 1min and a currency or 2 will reveal themselves

N

Attachments

• scalp alert.jpg
    scalp alert.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 154
heres the latest position at 14.27.......see how I am waiting on a eurozone buy and tag sell.......c'mon please line up !! :confused:

N

Attachments

• latest at .jpg
    latest at .jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 149
you have to be patient.....could go either way !

Attachments

• eh.jpg
    eh.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 171
you have to wait for the 5 min bar to close above / below the zero and be suported on the 1 min chart.....dont go on the interim bar action....

N

Attachments

• wait for confirm .jpg
    wait for confirm .jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 138
heres some calls

the comdolls were weak when the ag confirmed the rise above zero on 1 min and 5 mins

N

(I have 3 german tourists looking at me like I am a madman in the hotel lobby where im doing this :LOL:

Attachments

• scalp on .jpg
    scalp on .jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 124
sorry about that ......now the tag has hard reversed....jees this is choppy this afternoon

Attachments

• fast revese.jpg
    fast revese.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 124
looks like this tag fall finally means business....aussie D gettng stoked

Attachments

• aussie wins.jpg
    aussie wins.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 105
calling it a day ....doing my brain in :eek::eek:

back in uk tomorrow night

N

Attachments

• aaaaaaahhhh.jpg
    aaaaaaahhhh.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 121
as I leave that tag fall seems to be establishing itself but I need all my indicators firing to do this stuff....jees back to the beach for me

back in wet blighty tommorow

N

hi all

last post before back to uk tomorrow

that 3pm post wasnt a bad call at all actually and the tag team got real short for a while with nice buys on everything except the swissie

then at 6pm gmt and again at 6.20 gmt it was buy tag time seling commdolls and the awfull swissie

adious amigos from the sunny canaries

Neil

Attachments

• nice trades .jpg
    nice trades .jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
bloody marvellous

pop up for a beer and some corrie time and all the odl feeds are down

anyone else in trouble ?... know they are upgrading servers though

N

Might be a good idea to have a back up MT4 with another company. I get regular disconnects with Alpari so, when that happens, I bring the sub off the bench.

Might be a good idea to have a back up MT4 with another company. I get regular disconnects with Alpari so, when that happens, I bring the sub off the bench.

you are of course correct Alan :smart:

JRP gave me a rundown of his technical support and backups a whileback
and It was more solid/secure than the pentagon (y)

N

hi all

just a quick update from me here before we fly later on and I return to blighty

checklist

1) finish the promised corrie hybrid systems for commerial launch - 1/10 :whistling

excuse - documentation is not yet spot on for me and I have some minor issues on entry , exit levels plus screen setups that I want 100% right before launching .....and the platform changeover requires they are all upgraded and tested again

2) run the standard commentry stuff from here - 1/10 :confused:

excuse - they upgraded the odl platform and I havnt had time to change all the EA codings yet for my normal reports.... the scalper is here though in new EA format

3) create a symple PDF for people to use for the corrie scalper - 5/10 :rolleyes:

excuse - nearly there and the new EA version is already loaded in the thread ....I just want to fine tune some comments and then will send to whoever wants it..... for free (y)

hey - i'm on holiday :p

later
N

this mornings scalping action (-1 gmt) .....:smart:

adios all till tomorow now ;)
N

Attachments

• scalper.jpg
    scalper.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 151