Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N and all,

GU; First trade sell stop at 43828 filled during 08:15 bar, finally took out SL during 08:50 bar for a 21 point loss. Second trade buy stop at 44042 filled by 09:35 bar, taking out SL during 09:45 bar for 21 point loss.

EU; First trade short entered at 25262 on open 08:15 bar, trade exited on close of this for 12 point profit. Second trade short entered at 25277 on open 10:45 bar, trade exited on close 11:55 bar (my session end) for 16 point profit.

EG; First trade short entered at 87047 on open 08:15 bar, pushed upwards taking out TS for 8 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 86924 filled during 10:50 bar,, trade exited on close 11:50 bar for 11 point loss.

Thank whoever its Friday and copious amounts of red nectar are on the cards to be gulped down, perhaps the giggling juice will eradicate some of this morning's diabolical results - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hi all,

wow its been a pants week wih chop monster in evidence .....

heres today on a smoothed 5min hybrid with chart opening at 8am gmt

everytime a nice trend got moving on the tag team (yellow/green=yen/usd) it turned again

looks like a more recent reasonable move buying GBP into a falling tag but jees.....not
heaven by a long long chalk

N

Attachments

• togh day in the corral.jpg
    togh day in the corral.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Hi Simon
I had a similar experience on these 3 - no signals apart from a horrible 26 pip loss on €£, which I only made back on a £$ signal at 11:55, which wouldn't have been much use for a noon finish...
Have a good weekend - at least the weather's being kind!
- Gavin

Hi Gavin,

So, I wasnt alone in flushing spondoolies down the toilet today then! Have a great weekend yourself and lets hope things are calmer for us next week - regards,
Simon.

Hi sports fans.....

i'm getting lots of fan mail re the ole corrie scalper and how it works....

i'm writing up a little pdf but its not rocket science to be honest so see link below

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-393.html#post1121070

meanwhile heres todays action....the 5 min corrie below on a 20ma/ delta 1 highlighted windows on the lines /times shown..... I look for the tag team to be same side of zero on the 5min 20ma - then look for confirmation of same on the 1 min charts

once we have confluence on the tag team I would recommend trading the usd against any current displaying opposite behaviour on the same 5min and 1min chart

hey....what do you want for free ?..... :p

N

Attachments

• 5 min scalper corre.jpg
    5 min scalper corre.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
So with all this trading going wrong today, was that the correlator having a bad day or is everybody doing their own thing here?

So with all this trading going wrong today, was that the correlator having a bad day or is everybody doing their own thing here?

Just market conditions - I think Simon & myself both try to profit from solid intraday moves in one direction ("mini-trends" you might call them). When the markets are range-bound/sideways/choppy the ideal way to trade them would be with a simple oscillator (the trick being to identify how they're going to act in advance of course!)... I don't know if the Corrie can be used as an oscillator, but maybe you could use it to tell which pairs are range-bound so you know when to employ an oscillator.
Hmmm! hadn't thought of that actually...

Hi Gavin,

So, I wasnt alone in flushing spondoolies down the toilet today then! Have a great weekend yourself and lets hope things are calmer for us next week - regards,
Simon.

No, Simon, you weren't!! Have a good weekend all

hey all

The correlator in its purist form (1000/1) merely reflects the market conditions, minute by minute.........it is never right or wrong or even judgemental.......its just a mirror to the individual currencies as they interact with each other

its the rest of us that are the problem in trying to second guess whats happening :p

for me the money this week was trading commdolls against the USD and the Yen as the Eurotribe were scrappy......

N

Hi Adamus,

Gavin made a very relevant comment there and Alan, himself and myself all took a wacking today which is interesting as the three of us utilise different techniques in real terms.

For the past two weeks the markets have been a real mare to trade but thats just one of those things we all expect and have to accept. The key here is to make up for "lost" ground when things settle down and not deviate from whatever strategy despite this short term blip.

Most of the Euro rouble zone is on a public holiday next Monday but I expect things will still be somewhat heated especially after Germany's recent announcement about short selling and covering soveriegn debt instruments. Buckle up for the ride!

Have a great weekend everyone and best regards,
Simon.

Thanks for your insights, gentlemen, it's always interesting.

And have a good weekend too.

the one thing about the markets is that they are never boring......

bloody marvellous

pop up for a beer and some corrie time and all the odl feeds are down

anyone else in trouble ?... know they are upgrading servers though

N

bloody marvellous

pop up for a beer and some corrie time and all the odl feeds are down

anyone else in trouble ?... know they are upgrading servers though

N

No, they know you are on your hols so its time to upset the beach lurker with duff data and the likes just to make life difficult for you. Hear the wails of sympathy from us traders who got caught in the end week's chop fest?!!!
Simon.

ah....

The new systems have completely new formats that my indicators dont recognise

eg GBPUSD is now GBPUSDgbp

hang fire everyone I will upgrade the fxcorrelator formulas

jees - I have over 30 indicators in my hybrid stable to upgrade plus all the templates....lucky I hadnt launched them yet !

N

Last edited:
New fxcorrelator on odl/fxcm

Hi all

heres the new coding for the new upgraded FXCM/ODL platform

re-introducing the original and best FXCorrelator on a default 1000/1 setting (nearly 500 downloaded previously)

Red = GBP
Yellow = Yen
Green = USD
Light blue= NZD
Blue = Euro
Brown=CAD
Orange = AUD

in loading this you are are agreeing to the attached terms and conditions - and if you see someone selling it on e-bay or elsewhere for a quick buck tell me and I will stop it...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ing-basic-ideas-strategies-64.html#post993638

Contact me for more information if needed by PM or at [email protected]

the commercial Blog is up and running (in test mode) and my commercial versions will be available at the end of May...I also have some reprogramming to do re new ODL platform.....

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR.mq4
    4.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited: