Community Constitution

How about adding an option that lets people do some minor moderation to their own threads only. They could have the ability to send new members posts that they believe to be spam to a sin bin for mods to look at, so that it removes it from their thread?

How about adding an option that lets people do some minor moderation to their own threads only. They could have the ability to send new members posts that they believe to be spam to a sin bin for mods to look at, so that it removes it from their thread?

Already in place sort of, ability to only allow posts from contacts or no one.

The problem is that the vendors will use that to delete any criticism of their product.

The problem is that the vendors will use that to delete any criticism of their product.

That's why I said new members only. You'd only be allowed to send people who've made less than 100 posts to the sin bin for the mods to check. And if it's not spam the mods can reinstate it.

Also you could make it so it's not an available option to vendors.

Already in place sort of, ability to only allow posts from contacts or no one.

It's too limiting, as a lot of the people that have added value to threads I've started are fairly new posters to the site and hence wouldn't be one of my contacts.

Last edited:
I'll try and pull something together for comment and then we can get it in place so please tell me if you have any other ideas or comments.

Another form of passive user moderation could be extending the
functionality of the report post feature.

Certain number of post reports puts a temporary block on posting rights
for say 3-6 hrs until mods can attend to it.
Only applicable to users with less than 50 posts maybe?

I'm off to some meetings now so i'll pick this up again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Attachments

• vendor signature link.PNG
    vendor signature link.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 161
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fix...496-binary-options-signals-6.html#post2008878

Vendor signature link slipped through - not plain HTML, wrapped in text being reason?
Live link as well, just checked.
Post flagged.

All these options threads are getting out of hand, binaryoptionsvic is an options signal service BinaryOptionsVic - TradeCopier Service

and now we have user binaryoptionsvic asking when the signals will be starting.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fixed-odds-binary-betting/150496-binary-options-signals-6.html

Last edited:
All these options threads are getting out of hand, binaryoptionsvic is a options signal service BinaryOptionsVic - TradeCopier Service

and now we have user binaryoptionsvic asking when the signals will be starting.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fixed-odds-binary-betting/150496-binary-options-signals-6.html

Tell me about it, my guess is they've been getting a battering elsewhere in europe,
AMF warning hints at that, so now they target the UK where awareness is still
lacking, as is any action from the FSA thus far (even a warning would be something).

Hey steve, I completely agree with your points mentioned above. And i firmly believe on "If many rules are imposed to community then you have the wrong people in it"

Hey steve, I completely agree with your points mentioned above. And i firmly believe on "If many rules are imposed to community then you have the wrong people in it"

Perhaps Steve could take one of your leadership programmes to work out how to find the right people for the community.

A coach with no "evil vendor badge of shame", huh?
Maybe he's one of those long things that carry football teams to away games :LOL:

"If many rules are imposed to community then you have the wrong people in it"

He's right though, isn't he.

Not necessarily, some entities just enjoy implementing rules for the sake of it. I can't be arsed to provide an actual example but there are loads if you think about it for a few seconds.

i don't think anyone cared if he is right or not, more a case of poking fun at the unbadged sig link pushing vendor who posts links in a thread that clearly does away with such things. obviously he didn't read the thread else he wouldn't have said "Hey steve, I completely agree with your points mentioned above..."

it appears the new rules are a resounding success. board looks calm and free of strife, t2w binary option blight eradicated in an instant, older quiet members returning, lots of upside and no apparent downside as of yet. all it needed was a simple shift in direction instead of blaming the wrong section of the community and concocting a set of rules to shut them up. they could have acted on this a year or so ago but didn't grasp the opportunity.

i don't think anyone cared if he is right or not, more a case of poking fun at the unbadged sig link pushing vendor who posts links in a thread that clearly does away with such things. obviously he didn't read the thread else he wouldn't have said "Hey steve, I completely agree with your points mentioned above..."

it appears the new rules are a resounding success. board looks calm and free of strife, t2w binary option blight eradicated in an instant, older quiet members returning, lots of upside and no apparent downside as of yet. all it needed was a simple shift in direction instead of blaming the wrong section of the community and concocting a set of rules to shut them up. they could have acted on this a year or so ago but didn't grasp the opportunity.

We're not rid of the binary options nonsense quite yet, though they appear to be providing us with plenty of ammunition every time they post.