College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...what if time it does prove to be sucessful as we hope it will be, then what? All the nay sayers will say it was luck or some other hogwash.

sorry mate but succeeding with 60% risk per trade is pure luck in the long run!

I wish you luck anyway, but don't forget that if it would be that easy everyone would be doing it,
and you wouldn't have an opportunity.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you got that idea but sorry, you were mistaken. ;)

I never get margin-called even if it does go neg 60%. It's all about how you leverage.

I find it sad that some of the readers forget that this thread is just a bit of light hearted fun, with no significant set up money to lose.:(

I will continue to publish my results weekly - and if I lose my initial stake then no big deal - just the end of some light relief.

Is this a joint journal or something? (tkbieber and lumbco). Im confused! Good luck either way!

What do you do with your positions if they are still open on a Friday evening before the market closes for the weekend?

Starting funds on Monday 13th June £391

ACCOUNT BALANCE JUNE 2011
13th £391 = $642
17th £428 = $688
24th £443 = $707

ACCOUNT BALANCE JULY 2011
1st £458 = $733
8th £487 = $777
16th £492 = $793 Trade still open over the weekend
22nd £510 = $825
29th £498 = $811 Closed manually to avoid open trade over weekend

ACCOUNT BALANCE AUGUST 2011
5th £514 = $839
12th £514 = $839
19th £543 = $896
27th £610 = $991

ACCOUNT BALANCE SEPTEMBER 2011
2nd £629 = $1,019

You will get your proof when you try to withdraw your money from them! :LOL:(y)

I apologize, as I thought you were joking. After doing some reading you may be correct. Well, it was only $100 but it is frustrating that I need to start over again. I think I will let it ride anyway but need to find a broker that is legit. Anyone know of a good broker?? :D

My criteria is: Accepts US citizens, at least 1:200 leverage, (paypal or alertpay preferred), as well as bankwire for deposits/withdraws. If no alertpay or paypal then credit card would work. I'm just depositing $100 anyway.

I already have Hotforex and fxdd as brokers and want to diversify for now the obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

I apologize, as I thought you were joking. After doing some reading you may be correct. Well, it was only $100 but it is frustrating that I need to start over again. I think I will let it ride anyway but need to find a broker that is legit. Anyone know of a good broker?? :D

My criteria is: Accepts US citizens, at least 1:200 leverage, (paypal or alertpay preferred), as well as bankwire for deposits/withdraws. If no alertpay or paypal then credit card would work. I'm just depositing $100 anyway.

I already have Hotforex and fxdd as brokers and want to diversify for now the obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

Sorry then, I have to say that Hot Forex is looking like the same trash like IntelFx.
FXDD does not allow micro lots to trade with, I have a live account with them too.

Although I cannot tell you brokers based on your criteria right now, my advice would be:
Forget every "broker" which accepts Liberty Reserve and/or Perfect Money for payments.
Both are an anonymous payment service.

Which company accepts and sends anonymous payments and gives a sh!t about who you are actually?
The answer is: The SCAMMERS. They don't care about you, they only care about your money.

My second advice would be that you should think twice having more than $300.000 at once in any forex brokerage account.
It is not safe as there is no online broker which is immensely trustworthy in the world. Actually nothing is.
Why am I telling you this, is that you should recalculate your compoundings based on that you cannot have millions in a brokerage account at once.

Last edited:
Sorry then, I have to say that Hot Forex is looking like the same trash like IntelFx.
FXDD does not allow micro lots to trade with, I have a live account with them too.

Although I cannot tell you brokers based on your criteria right now, my advice would be:
Forget every "broker" which accepts Liberty Reserve and/or Perfect Money for payments.
Both are an anonymous payment service.

Which company accepts and sends anonymous payments and gives a sh!t about who you are actually?
The answer is: The SCAMMERS. They don't care about you, they only care about your money.

My second advice would be that you should think twice having more than $300.000 at once in any forex brokerage account.
It is not safe as there is no online broker which is immensely trustworthy in the world. Actually nothing is.
Why am I telling you this, is that you should recalculate your compoundings based on that you cannot have millions in a brokerage account at once.

Thus far, I have had no problems withdrawing from Hotfx and have always received my funds within 24-48 hrs. HotFX seems to be very professional and have always answered my questions when doing a on-line chat with them.

Yes, I am diversifying funds. So what do the "big" guys do when they trade their millions? Do they just keep opening up broker accounts and divide their funds?

You make is sound bad enough that this should be on 60-minutes or some TV show to expose the FX market, which is a 3 trillion $ a-day business/scam? I am gathering that a few bad apples give a sour taste to all brokers.

Well, I've never made it to the million-dollar range yet so this is why the experiment or challenge I have posed upon myself. I am learning as I go as the account get's bigger.

I am looking into a broker called Traders Trust. I spoke with a rep. They seem to be legit with very low spreads on the GBPUSD. I may start up $100 account and let it go for two years.

Every since the "hack" of Intelfx, I haven't been able to log into my account on-line so it is disturbing to read what others are saying. I have that thing up to $700 and now have to start again? Grrrrr! :mad:

The quest continues. :)

I am looking into a broker called Traders Trust. I spoke with a rep. They seem to be legit with very low spreads on the GBPUSD. I may start up $100 account and let it go for two years.

You should seriously seek for professional advice if you find this broker "legit" also.
forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/spammers-hall-shame/traders-trust-com-spamvertising
Read the AsstModerator's advice...

They are also accepting LibertyReserve. There are very very high chances that you won't see too much of your profit.
Please don't dig your head into sand and tell yourself that "this must be legit, cause I talked to a Rep.".
Talking to a Rep. does not mean ANYTHING.

You should seriously seek for professional advice if you find this broker "legit" also.
forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/spammers-hall-shame/traders-trust-com-spamvertising
Read the AsstModerator's advice...

They are also accepting LibertyReserve. There are very very high chances that you won't see too much of your profit.
Please don't dig your head into sand and tell yourself that "this must be legit, cause I talked to a Rep.".
Talking to a Rep. does not mean ANYTHING.

Yeah, I already decided not to use them. For now, it's just easier for me to start a new Hotfx account and transfer funds so by Monday, I'll have a fresh account with about the same amount as Intel's current balance. :confused: