College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One pip on all my accounts today apart from Hotforex where I actually lost 4 pips! Not sure what happened there. Seems like the Hotforex data feed suffered from a bit of slippage during a big spike today. Not very happy with them :(

Good job I clawed a few pips back from them with my Sunday evening gap trading :D

Just +1 pip for the day. :clap:

A summary of your Myfxbook chart:

Average win $8.16 VS Average loss $197.94
Best trade $41.72 VS Worst trade $357.83

Current Gain/Loss is Minus 32.55%

Sharpe Ratio Minus 0.11 (A Sharpe must at least be positive to be viable) A Sharpe ratio of 1.5 is acceptable, a Sharpe ratio of 2 is good and a Sharpe ratio of 2.5 is considered very good.

You need to work on your EA some more

Isn't your EA set to a 25 pips Target Price?
Or have you adjusted your TP?

Or are you adding up all the pips from your different accounts to get to a bigger total?

I've adjusted some settings a bit. I added up the two trades, 39.2 and 9.9 from the same account on the same day. All my totals are from the $2M account.

I'm attempting 20-30% gain a month even if there is a SL hit. Good luck to me. :)

My original settings I haven't touched on this demo account. We'll see how that goes with risking still 60% per trade.

I think I've smoothed the equity curve for the future. I'm after 20-30% a month instead of 50%. I'll get a few more losses now because I adjusted some things with the TP and SL. I'm aiming for about 3% gain per good trade and if I get about 8 good trades a month, that's around 24%. I'll see how that goes for awhile.

Wow, the market really moved! +76.9 pips for the day which is +8.9% :clap:

The market moved so fast, to my favor, the trade couldn't get out fast enough and picked up an extra 22 pips. :LOL: I can't believe the market dropped 195 pips within 15 minutes. :eek:

Today was another profitable trade with +2.36%. :clap:

This month is off to a great start with +19.25%.

My goal is 20-30% for the month so it's looking pretty good for this month so far.

Had another good day. I've now recovered from the 250 pip loss on one of my accounts...but that is also due to my other trading strategies rather than just the Turbo Morning Trade EA.

A summary of your Myfxbook chart:

Average win $8.16 VS Average loss $197.94
Best trade $41.72 VS Worst trade $357.83

Current Gain/Loss is Minus 32.55%

Sharpe Ratio Minus 0.11 (A Sharpe must at least be positive to be viable) A Sharpe ratio of 1.5 is acceptable, a Sharpe ratio of 2 is good and a Sharpe ratio of 2.5 is considered very good.

I don't find Sharpe ratio particulary relevant in FX (but it might be more useful when comparing managemet of investment firms in the equity and bond markets).

For example, 1.5 is acceptable. What about 0.16? Is that poor? One of my accounts started 19th August has achieved 4 per cent growth per day (over 600 per cent) until right now and a profit factor of 1.87 but the Sharpe Ratio is only 0.16

Should I give up and get my money back and quit forex?????? Only 9 or 10 times that growth rate is apparently acceptable. :whistling

I don't find Sharpe ratio particulary relevant in FX (but it might be more useful when comparing managemet of investment firms in the equity and bond markets).

For example, 1.5 is acceptable. What about 0.16? Is that poor? One of my accounts started 19th August has achieved 4 per cent growth per day (over 600 per cent) until right now and a profit factor of 1.87 but the Sharpe Ratio is only 0.16

Should I give up and get my money back and quit forex?????? Only 9 or 10 times that growth rate is apparently acceptable. :whistling

I agree. I personally don't pay much attention to it because I know what my system does and is capable of doing. What ever the racial is, good or bad, I know I can get 15-30% at the end of the month. The percent gain is what I look at and really is what counts. Even if I didn't change some settings and left them as they were before the loss of 60%, I know it will make it's way back as you can see in this account. The only reason I changed some settings on my live account is I like a better equity curve and where after a loss, it would only take just a week or so to get back instead of a month or two. I won't get 50% gain a month but I can still get a nice gain without the drama of a 60% loss. :)