Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona-Cesc-Fabregas-cropped
. ;)

hi Black swan.

You know how to hurt a guy. Just you wait till Jagielka is kissing the Arsenal badge then I will post it on here. ha ha

Like Thierry Henry, this was the right time for Fabregas to go, he left for the only club that could have tempted him away. Barcelona, his home town cub. .
He has been fantastic for Arsenal but most supporters expected this to happen. We managed to hang onto him for a year extra as he wanted to go back home last year.
I once met his family in the stands at Highbury. His sister and his Dad. They really love Arsenal but it was clear they were Catalans and one day this would happen.

Arsenal is bigger than any player and so we move on. Not optimistic for the season but Arsene has money to spend now, I hope he spends it. Would love to see Chris Samba at Arsenal. He is big and strong and that is what we need.

good luck for the season.
cheers pc

At least you got 8 years of service from him and then 35ml, we got one full season out of Rooney and 18 ml plus a load of add ons...:(

Tbh I reckon Cesc was cruising last year and only giving 80% so holding you guys back..be interesting to see who comes in, super club, great football, top stadium, you guys can easily do another rebuild..without Jags..;)

Hi PC,

Further to playing around with the "NextGen" platform, and I suspect it's been mentioned already, is the one click trade facility part of the "little fixes" - for I do believe it was poor oversight, to not add it on, considering your main competitors have it, and multiple confirmation requirement are a serious turn off for regular spreadbettors?

Also with Wilshere and Ramsey around, I suspect Fabregas won't be missed too much, for saying that you really need someone like Joey Barton (gasps of horror) - otherwise your like a team that "Plays like a butterfly and stings like one".

Hi Blackswan
you know I think you could be right about Fabregas. I think he was sulking a bit last year because he wanted to move a year ago. still you are right, over eight years we got great service, we stole him from Barcelona for nothing and it is fair enough he has gone back there.

Yes we can rebuild but we need some good English premiership players. Cahill, Samba, Jagielka, Rooney, ha ha.

Once met Alex Ferguson at the Emirates and told him that we would take Rooney off his hands and we would be doing him a favour. He laughed and said on your bike mate. ha ha

early days yet. lets see how season pans out.

How your getting on with ipad spread bet

cheers pc

At least you got 8 years of service from him and then 35ml, we got one full season out of Rooney and 18 ml plus a load of add ons...:(

Tbh I reckon Cesc was cruising last year and only giving 80% so holding you guys back..be interesting to see who comes in, super club, great football, top stadium, you guys can easily do another rebuild..without Jags..;)

PC

No doubt you will have seen that FXCM has been fined $2 million and ordered to repay clients about $8 million for some dodgy slippage practices. How does the CMC fx platform deal with positive slippage?

Hi Trillionaire,

I agree with you, we should have had one click on next gen from the start.
it is coming soon I promise.

We need to replace Fabregas with quality mid field player. I agree Wilshire and Ramsey are the future. I think we bought Ramsey because we knew Fabregas would leave one day. I think Fabregas would have gone last year if it wasnt for the serious injury for Ramsey.

These two are great players and I believe we can live without Fabregas.

cheers pc

Hi PC,

Further to playing around with the "NextGen" platform, and I suspect it's been mentioned already, is the one click trade facility part of the "little fixes" - for I do believe it was poor oversight, to not add it on, considering your main competitors have it, and multiple confirmation requirement are a serious turn off for regular spreadbettors?

Also with Wilshere and Ramsey around, I suspect Fabregas won't be missed too much, for saying that you really need someone like Joey Barton (gasps of horror) - otherwise your like a team that "Plays like a butterfly and stings like one".

PC

Tried to download spread bet iPad app Friday, just tried again, when you choose spread bet or cfd page and select spread bet the next page offers you the chance to download Flash...:eek:

So just had a chat with the loverly Megan in customer services and she's sending me a link. She also mentioned that a few phone calls have asked "where do you find the link to download the new iPad spread bet app" IMHO it needs to be shouted about on the home page as it's not clear..

hi blackswan,

I totally agree with you regarding the link. we have had to rebuild some of the web pages and this will be included soon. just so much to do and getting ready for big upgrade so every body flat out. I am on holiday this week and feel a bit guilty but at lease it gives the team a chance to get on with things, rather than have me breathing down their necks.

glad Megan helped you with this
tks pc
PC

Tried to download spread bet iPad app Friday, just tried again, when you choose spread bet or cfd page and select spread bet the next page offers you the chance to download Flash...:eek:

So just had a chat with the loverly Megan in customer services and she's sending me a link. She also mentioned that a few phone calls have asked "where do you find the link to download the new iPad spread bet app" IMHO it needs to be shouted about on the home page as it's not clear..

Hi pboyles, will get back to you shortly on this
tks pc

PC

No doubt you will have seen that FXCM has been fined $2 million and ordered to repay clients about $8 million for some dodgy slippage practices. How does the CMC fx platform deal with positive slippage?

Has now replaced old app with updated shiny new iPad app, first impressions good..let me play with it for a week or so, I'll shadow my real trades but on a different tf and put up a list of likes dislikes..

Hi Blackswan,

come on there won't be any dislikes. ha ha.
Not sure if any of our competitors have ipad spread bet app. would be interesting
to compare ours with the competition. would be good if t2win hosted something like this.
anyway let me know what you think
tks pc

Has now replaced old app with updated shiny new iPad app, first impressions good..let me play with it for a week or so, I'll shadow my real trades but on a different tf and put up a list of likes dislikes..

play the markets not the spreads.

Hi pboyles,
Many thanks for your post. Yes I saw the FXCM press statement and I cannot comment here on the FXCM situation but I can tell you the CMC Markets policy.

When you place a market order on next gen this is generally at the screen price. When we receive the order it is executed at the first available price. This may be at the price you see on the screen, however it is possible that sometimes this is better than the price when you entered the trade sometimes it is worse. we do not discriminate against anybody on execution and we always give the price whether it is better or worse, we do not hold onto any price improvement.

You will have seen some comments on this forum that say that some clients have got price improvement. We do not make a song and dance about it because if we give better price than when you entered the bet because the market has moved in your favour in the milliseconds it takes for us to receive the order, we believe that is what you are entitled to. we are not doing the client any favours. they just got lucky. we always quote our market price whether you are buyer or seller and we never read a client as a buyer or seller before they trade. In addition our daily typical spreads are available on our website.

Some companies offer price improvements but that makes me suspicious because are they giving you what you should have got any way and holding a bit back. I cannot imagine if you get a price improvement they are giving this out of their own pockets. to me it is what you should have got any way which is fine but are they passing on the whole price improvement or keeping a bit back for themselves. One company offers to execute a trade even if it moves against you but are they paying for this out of their own pockets or are they subsidising the bad executions with the good execution savings. This is a question you should ask your provider if they offer guarantees over execution. In effect a price improvement is where the market has moved between when you placed the order and they received and executed the order. It is clear to me you should get the whole price improvement, but if companies mess around with execution and give the price improvement back as if they are doing you a big favour, that is worrying. you should get what you are entitled to. Also if they are holding back some of the price improvement to pass on to other clients that missed the market that to me seems as if they are messing around with the execution of your trade. These are the questions I would be asking if I was trading with company that offered price improvements and guaranteed execution within a certain parameters. You need transparency over the execution.

I have been banging on about execution, typical spreads and head line spreads on this forum for a long time now. I believe that execution should and will play an important part of when you select your spread bet provider. At the very least you need complete transparency over the way they are executing your trade because it could be costing you money.

Please remember that Spread Betting and CFDs are leveraged products. Losses can exceed your initial deposit, so ensure you understand the risks.

Many thanks for your posting.
good luck with your trading. remember play the markets not the spreads.
peter

PC

So if I understand you correctly you pass on all slippage, whether positive or negative, to the client. You do not retain any positive slippage or indeed add to any negative slippage.

So if I understand you correctly you pass on all slippage, whether positive or negative, to the client. You do not retain any positive slippage or indeed add to any negative slippage.

If you want to make a full comparison with Fxcm's situation the question should be Mr Peter if you get a better price while (if) you hedge your client position do you pass this to your client . This what Fxcm do now after Aug 2010 they pass everything to the client , b4 that date Fxcm gave positive slippage based on the platform prices only but when Fxcm get a better price on the hedging process they didn't pass everything now they changed this after Aug 2010 .
So Peter : If you get a better price when ( If ) you hedge your client's position do you pass this to your client ? Thanks .

PC

I've experienced positive slippage with CMC trading live on more than one occasion, so no issues there in my opinion. :)

If you want to make a full comparison with Fxcm's situation the question should be Mr Peter if you get a better price while (if) you hedge your client position do you pass this to your client . This what Fxcm do now after Aug 2010 they pass everything to the client , b4 that date Fxcm gave positive slippage based on the platform prices only but when Fxcm get a better price on the hedging process they didn't pass everything now they changed this after Aug 2010 .
So Peter : If you get a better price when ( If ) you hedge your client's position do you pass this to your client ? Thanks .

I reckon that whether the SB hedges, or how, is nothing to do with the clients. We just have to trade on the prices quoted. What happens to the SB when the position is open is immaterial to us. The main thing is that trades aren't rejected or requoted if/when they immediately go in our favour.

IMO the 'slippage' in spreadbet is mostly artificial, controlled by the platform software.

play the markets not the spreads

Hi Ross,
I agree with what you are saying but there is another important point.
fill or kill. what is the point of hitting the markets quickly if the price moves and the ticket times out. we operate a fill or fill execution. when markets are moving you need to get the trade away otherwise the next price but be even worse.

when we offered requotes we got slaughtered for it when in fact we operated fill or kill and if the trade got killed we automatically requoted you the latest price.

now we operate fill or fill and pass all prices good or bad onto the client. we have seen massive uptake of this on next gen because basically our spreads are very tight, our typical spreads are very tight, we offer precision price and automated execution.
from the stats so far it appears we are on the right track.

remember play the markets not the spreads.
tks peter
I reckon that whether the SB hedges, or how, is nothing to do with the clients. We just have to trade on the prices quoted. What happens to the SB when the position is open is immaterial to us. The main thing is that trades aren't rejected or requoted if/when they immediately go in our favour.

IMO the 'slippage' in spreadbet is mostly artificial, controlled by the platform software.

Status
Not open for further replies.