Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: play the markets not the spreads

hi tar,

you seem to be quite a fan of theirs. I have no experience of the service they offer and so hard to comment but you seem to be down playing the whole affair. If you read the reports you will find the information.

anyway obviously regulators found it serious as $2million is quite a sum of money.
I think we should forget this subject now and move on.

thanks Peter

They were fined $2 million and have estimated in their SEC filings that the affair will cost up to $16 million. There is still a CFTC case outstanding plus a class action lawsuit. Clearly clients lost a lot of money, of course they didn't know it at the time but it was still a loss. I can't see any way to put a positive spin on that.

Hi tar,

started CMC Markets in 1989, 22 years ago and never been fined by any regulatory body or any other body. very proud of our record but we take compliance and regulations very seriously and only employ good people.
peter

what about CMC , were you fined by the FSA or any other reg bodies in the UK ?[/QUOTE]

hi pboyles,

thats a big number and if what you say is true, it doesnt look like the end of the matter. sounds very serious. will be interesting to see how it pans out.

thanks for the posting.
regards peter

They were fined $2 million and have estimated in their SEC filings that the affair will cost up to $16 million. There is still a CFTC case outstanding plus a class action lawsuit. Clearly clients lost a lot of money, of course they didn't know it at the time but it was still a loss. I can't see any way to put a positive spin on that.

WANTED! Live traders, please post your experience trading with CMC next-gen. So far Peter is doing a wonderful job promoting CMC next-gen platform. Shouldn't we get more feedback from forum members trading with them? With the new narrow spread and coming upgrade of the platform, surely there must be quite a few trading with them live.

WANTED! Live traders, please post your experience trading with CMC next-gen. So far Peter is doing a wonderful job promoting CMC next-gen platform. Shouldn't we get more feedback from forum members trading with them? With the new narrow spread and coming upgrade of the platform, surely there must be quite a few trading with them live.

Excellent fills - prices all good - tickets hopeless....waiting for the platform upgrade :sleep:

Ok, thanks a lot.

Tickets may not be a problem if you are a longer term trader...you can currently only select a Buy or Sell ticket which can be a problem for us shorter term traders - with this volatility the direction I wish to trade in can change very quickly.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, but it wasn't a browser issue it was a issue your end, but as I say I have only experienced the timer on the ticket when executed once, and to add again, all the CMC prices were updating fine so it wasn't a connection issue either, I will continue to monitor this.

I know I have pi$$ed you off in the past when I was banging on about single click trading as a must, but as you can see you have a lot of interested customers waiting for this upgrade. I know you're doing a quick fix so we can open a buy and a sell ticket up at the same time but don't stop there, continue to introduce the proper 1 click tickets and you will add a substantial amount of more clients, I'm sure of this. I'm waiting for the upgrade then will be going live.

Hi truth seeker
You made a very good point, we listened and we have quick fix coming. Longer term it will be even better. This forum is excellent feed back for client feed back and we listen.
So much more to come
And very soon
Pc
Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, but it wasn't a browser issue it was a issue your end, but as I say I have only experienced the timer on the ticket when executed once, and to add again, all the CMC prices were updating fine so it wasn't a connection issue either, I will continue to monitor this.

I know I have pi$$ed you off in the past when I was banging on about single click trading as a must, but as you can see you have a lot of interested customers waiting for this upgrade. I know you're doing a quick fix so we can open a buy and a sell ticket up at the same time but don't stop there, continue to introduce the proper 1 click tickets and you will add a substantial amount of more clients, I'm sure of this. I'm waiting for the upgrade then will be going live.

Hi 4x4
Glad you like prices and execution. Tickets easy fix coming soon
Pc

Tickets may not be a problem if you are a longer term trader...you can currently only select a Buy or Sell ticket which can be a problem for us shorter term traders - with this volatility the direction I wish to trade in can change very quickly.

Hi Peter

I may be wrong - but I think Peter has hinted that the 1 click tickets with pre-settable stake and stop loss are on their way - at least I hope so because I have invested quite a significant sum in a leopard print thong and topped up my Oyster card :LOL:

Hi 4x4
You can join Ross running naked down Bishosgate if you like.
Just let me know whenyou are doing it and I will make sure I am away
Ha ha
Pc
I may be wrong - but I think Peter has hinted that the 1 click tickets with pre-settable stake and stop loss are on their way - at least I hope so because I have invested quite a significant sum in a leopard print thong and topped up my Oyster card :LOL:

Hi 4x4
You can join Ross running naked down Bishosgate if you like.
Just let me know whenyou are doing it and I will make sure I am away
Ha ha
Pc

That was my plan, but it all depends if your upgrade is going to happen before the snow comes :p

Hi 4x4
Will definitely come before weather gets cold and you have to adjust your clocks
Pc

I will also be looking to move funds over if/when the single click trade with default stop becomes available, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when this happens. The cherry on the cake would be the opion of moving stops/targets on chart, similar to Oanda etc. (y)

Totally agree, it seems we mostly get feedback from PC... the business is booming but we hardly get any feedback from cmc traders... Is the platform so good they don't have time to post?

Totally agree, it seems we mostly get feedback from PC... the business is booming but we hardly get any feedback from cmc traders... Is the platform so good they don't have time to post?

I think there has been plenty of feedback from live traders. It seems everyone is happy with all aspects of CMC, except for some negative feedback on the lack of functionality of the charts and platform - which seems to have been taken on board by PC and changes are imminent - or at least before snowfall.

You will mostly find that people on T2W (and most forums) only want to complain and bitch - if you feel there is a lack of positive feedback from CMC clients it is most probably a good thing!

Hi g.o.a.t
Thanks for your first posting.
Not long to wait now for one click.
You can already trade from charts.
There is also chart within ticket to do this when u place new order.
Regards pc

I will also be looking to move funds over if/when the single click trade with default stop becomes available, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when this happens. The cherry on the cake would be the opion of moving stops/targets on chart, similar to Oanda etc. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.