Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lance
Well I can only go on stats and the take up and trade numbers are awesome. This forum is open anybody can post on here so I think we can assume next gen clients are generally happy.
Nobody else in our industry has come out with new platform so I think clients appreciate that we are trying to move the industry forwards through technology. I accept next gen can be improved but the core platform is there and the rest is much easier to build.

Tks pc
Totally agree, it seems we mostly get feedback from PC... the business is booming but we hardly get any feedback from cmc traders... Is the platform so good they don't have time to post?

Play the markets not the spreads

Hi lance
You are right about that and we are ploughing back the extra business income into lower headline spreads and lower daily typical spreads and price improvements. Trying to give back to our clients where we can. I am not promoting Cmc and next gen just stating facts.
If you want evidence check out our speads and typical spreads on our web site.
Good luck with your trading.
Spread betting is leveraged product you should understand the risks before trading.
Regards pc

the business is booming but we hardly get any feedback from cmc traders... Is the platform so good they don't have time to post?

hi lancenicolase

You are right about that and we are ploughing back the extra business income into lower headline spreads and lower daily typical spreads and price improvements. Trying to give back to our clients where we can. I am not promoting Cmc and next gen just stating facts.
If you want evidence check out our speads and typical spreads on our web site.
Good luck with your trading.
Spread betting is leveraged product you should understand the risks before trading.
Regards pc
the business is booming but we hardly get any feedback from cmc traders... Is the platform so good they don't have time to post?

Trying a demo account and keep getting 'connection timed out'. Using Chrome with broadband. Logging in after seems to take ages. Obviously couldn't trade like that. Any advice.

Edit to add.

Using Mozilla now, seems to be working fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Neil,
I use chrome and it does time you out. this is a chrome issue not a platform issue and we have a fix coming. I suggest you use mozilla for now if it works fine.
Chrome fix coming in next couple of weeks.
Let me know what you think of the platform.

regards Peter

Trying a demo account and keep getting 'connection timed out'. Using Chrome with broadband. Logging in after seems to take ages. Obviously couldn't trade like that. Any advice.

Edit to add.

Using Mozilla now, seems to be working fine now.

I think there has been plenty of feedback from live traders. It seems everyone is happy with all aspects of CMC, except for some negative feedback on the lack of functionality of the charts and platform - which seems to have been taken on board by PC and changes are imminent - or at least before snowfall.

You will mostly find that people on T2W (and most forums) only want to complain and bitch - if you feel there is a lack of positive feedback from CMC clients it is most probably a good thing!
There are plenty of feedback from demo traders on this thread, trading live as we all know is a different issue altogether.

I've never used the CMC demo - only traded live.

If you want to know if it's any good I would would suggest a good investment would be to stick a few quid in, make a few 1 pound trades and see for yourself, then you'll also be in a good position to give feedback.

If you want to know if it's any good I would would suggest a good investment would be to stick a few quid in, make a few 1 pound trades and see for yourself, then you'll also be in a good position to give feedback.

I'm pretty sure that gle isn't allowed to open a live account yet because he lives somewhere in the civilised world outside GB.

I wasn't necessarily aiming that at gle as it was lancenicolase that was initially looking for feedback from live traders - I think he lives in the un-civilised world. I would always recommend that each carry out their own due diligence rather than act on forum feedback.

But your feedback didn't help much , as i recall u used CMC for a short period then you went back to IG ...

But your feedback didn't help much , as i recall u used CMC for a short period then you went back to IG ...

I probably made around 100 trades with CMC - which I think gives a pretty good assessment - if that doesn't help much there is little I can do about it. Happy to help if you have some specifics though.

I probably made around 100 trades with CMC - which I think gives a pretty good assessment - if that doesn't help much there is little I can do about it. Happy to help if you have some specifics though.

Yeah it helped alot thanks , but it didn't help CMC's case that's what i meant , after all you went back to IG ...

Yeah it helped alot thanks , but it didn't help CMC's case that's what i meant , after all you went back to IG ...

I made a reluctant return to IG and the reason why is well documented - I'm constantly giving PC the hurry up to bring the platform up to spec and encourage other to do so also.

There's not much you can ask from any SB company or Broker other than fair prices (which includes fast/good fills and reasonable slippage etc.) and platform functionality - as far as I'm concerned CMC pass the former but (currently) fail on the later.

well I am a new Market Maker to Next Gen convert this week and so far quite impressed.

I no longer have "market orders" that requote (always laughed at the irony of market orders requoting)
"limit orders" can now be placed anywhere and no more "insufficient distance" errors.
Easy to manage stops and trailing stops.

I use my own data feed so not reliant on CMC charting, although it does the job fine.
Don't forget the CMC charting is free (incl data feeds afaik) so people should not moan about the colours / functionality of the charts. Get a dedicate platform if you want bespoke charting, if anything I would prefer CMC tech. resource to focus purely on the order functionality and not waste time on adding different colours to charts blah blah.

What I would like to see would be more NT type ATM strategies e.g.

multiple take profit targets
a reverse trade button
Market on close order
Market on open order
Auto breakeven
Export chart to image (maybe this is available i dunno)

The instrument list is a great improvement with search capability per region, sector. Thank you CMC.
Longer term if you can add relative volume, ATR but not critical as there is finviz.

Also a reminder to anyone interested in trading US equities. CMC is the only provider afaik that does not have a minimum cost per trade (IG $30 round trip last time i looked) so you can trade any number of shares in over 600 US stocks so a perfect tool to practise with real money and avoid pattern day trade regulations.

Dear gktk,

What an excellent review, thank you so much for taking the time to post your views.
Very much appreciated. I am glad you like next gen and your points have been noted. we will continue to improve charting and adding order types. not sure where we are with moc and mop but will see where they are on work load.

You raise an excellent point about u.s stocks.

welcome aboard the next generation of our platform.It is nice to see you giving balanced view of the platform.
any problems let me know and I will see what I can do.
thanks Peter

well I am a new Market Maker to Next Gen convert this week and so far quite impressed.

I no longer have "market orders" that requote (always laughed at the irony of market orders requoting)
"limit orders" can now be placed anywhere and no more "insufficient distance" errors.

I use my own data feed so not reliant on CMC charting, although it does the job fine.
Don't forget the CMC charting is free (incl data feeds afaik) so people should not moan about the colours / functionality of the charts. Get a dedicate platform if you want bespoke charting, if anything I would prefer CMC tech. resource to focus purely on the order functionality and not waste time on adding different colours to charts blah blah.

a reverse trade button
Market on close order
Market on open order
Auto breakeven

The instrument list is a great improvement with search capability per region, sector. Thank you CMC.
Longer term if you can add relative volume, ATR but not critical as there is finviz.

Also a reminder to anyone interested in trading US equities. CMC is the only provider afaik that does not have a minimum cost per trade (IG $30 round trip last time i looked) so you can trade any number of shares in over 600 US stocks so a perfect tool to practise with real money and avoid pattern day trade regulations.

I wasn't necessarily aiming that at gle as it was lancenicolase that was initially looking for feedback from live traders - I think he lives in the un-civilised world. I would always recommend that each carry out their own due diligence rather than act on forum feedback.

You're right I live in un-civilised world with high unemployment rate... London

Hi lance
Well I can only go on stats and the take up and trade numbers are awesome. This forum is open anybody can post on here so I think we can assume next gen clients are generally happy.
Nobody else in our industry has come out with new platform so I think clients appreciate that we are trying to move the industry forwards through technology. I accept next gen can be improved but the core platform is there and the rest is much easier to build.

Tks pc

I'm afraid I cannot agree with your statement (sorry, not the first time). Capital Spreads just released a new charting package and I'm sorry to say it's better than cmc's charts.

a reverse trade button
Market on close order
Market on open order
Auto breakeven

What surprises me is that when an IT dept starts from scratch they don't incorporate or emulate the best bits of other platforms. NinjaT is clear and functional, yet simple and intuitive, particularly for trading directly from charts. To me, Next Gen isn't any of those things at the moment, so I do hope the long-awaited updates improve matters.

hi lancenicolase
no need to be sorry, we like competition and lets release the next phase of our charting with more to come.

tks pc

You're right I live in un-civilised world with high unemployment rate... London

I'm afraid I cannot agree with your statement (sorry, not the first time). Capital Spreads just released a new charting package and I'm sorry to say it's better than cmc's charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.