CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Yeh they do. It took me a while to find it. I had to contact them. Can't remember how its done right now.

I'm of the opinion they have a "flutter" program that pre-empts a price move of the underlying.
Sometimes the program will push the price out by almost 2 ticks and if the move eventuates, they have over a two tick start on the market if you include the spread.
If the price doesn't eventuate, the price will jag back the pre-empt plus the spread plus the programs pre-empt for a price in the opposite direction.
The extent of their pre-empt appears to change with market conditions.
It wouldn't be that hard to prove or disprove if a regulative authority got involved.
I've been thinking of doing a video capture of the three prices side by side.
It's just that I'm too busy trading and the reality is I don't care enough,
I'm in the process of changing to GFT which at this stage appears to be a little more honest.

See what you make of GKFX's prices on indices, which seem to be even twitchier.

Not since clsoing my account a year or so back, but if Dealbook has been fixed and they offer 1pt US30 I might give them another go...

I don't have access now, gle, and can't remember the order system, but you'll find Dealbook (not the browser-based version) has far more features than any other SB platform (apart from MT4, possibly) so I'm sure you can predefine stops, limits, etc.
Thanks, I just had a quick look at the demo, I will have a closer look, apparently predefine stops must be there somewhere.

CMC off hours spread on the Dow 0.7 point. GFT 4 points spread off hours. If so thumbs up for CMC. Can anyone confirm that CMC on the live account have 0.7 point spread on the Dow off hours?

CMC off hours spread on the Dow 0.7 point. GFT 4 points spread off hours. If so thumbs up for CMC. Can anyone confirm that CMC on the live account have 0.7 point spread on the Dow off hours?

Never in the world because in the night the Dow has 2-3 points spread at CME !

have a good sleep

Never in the world because in the night the Dow has 2-3 points spread at CME !

have a good sleep
Well, that is why I asked for confirmation. During the day before the US opens the demo account have got 0.7 point spread. But that is the demo account and I do not have access to the live account.

Well, that is why I asked for confirmation. During the day before the US opens the demo account have got 0.7 point spread. But that is the demo account and I do not have access to the live account.

Yes, CMC's Dow live spread is fixed 0.7 from German DAX open until US close. Then 3 before DAX open again next day.

Yes, CMC's Dow live spread is fixed 0.7 from German DAX open until US close. Then 3 before DAX open again next day.
Thanks, then I was right after all, it is very good it is fixed 0.7 point spread from the DAX opens, a very good deal indeed. I know of no one, except CMC with this kind of narrow spread off hours before US open. 3 point spread during the night, well I guess one cannot have it all.

Thanks, then I was right after all, it is very good it is fixed 0.7 point spread from the DAX opens, a very good deal indeed. I know of no one, except CMC with this kind of narrow spread off hours before US open. 3 point spread during the night, well I guess one cannot have it all.

Very good, if the spread really is 0.7pt in practice, which seems unlikely when the underlying has a spread of 1-3pt and can effectively jump 5pt or more. I know Peter Crudas doea a lot of charity work, but that doesn't include CMC, does it?

Very good, if the spread really is 0.7pt in practice, which seems unlikely when the underlying has a spread of 1-3pt and can effectively jump 5pt or more. I know Peter Crudas doea a lot of charity work, but that doesn't include CMC, does it?
Sure you got a point, still, they have got 0.7 spread off hours (prior to US open), and one can always set the boundaries to let say 0.3, resulting you might not get into the position, but at least you will not get a surprise slippage.

Hey I am considering switching to CMC seen some of the prices are cheaper than my current broker, however was is the actual spread you guys are getting like in the past few days on the major spot fx pairs?

Cheapest price I get is on the EUR/GBP/ EUR/USD is 2.0 points rest are 3.0 - 10 point spreads!

The slippage would not cause a big problem unless one is trading very short time-frames right?

I'm looking at a few brokers that offer commodities, CMC offers flexible position sizing while other brokerages have fixed contract sizes (identical to CME). I find that CMC would be a better choice for me.

I'm not a scalper or day trader, so the slippages shouldn't concern me that much right?

The slippage would not cause a big problem unless one is trading very short time-frames right?

I'm looking at a few brokers that offer commodities, CMC offers flexible position sizing while other brokerages have fixed contract sizes (identical to CME). I find that CMC would be a better choice for me.

I'm not a scalper or day trader, so the slippages shouldn't concern me that much right?

Yes, you're right, slippage wouldn't be too much of a problem for longer term traders, but CMC only offer spread betting and CFD's - is that what you're looking to trade?

Should be less of a worry to be sure. On the currencies you can cut the size traded right down with CMC, which is good when learning.
Be warned, their charts are total crap but again would be less of a worry if you are not scalping.

On the currencies you can cut the size traded right down with CMC, which is good when learning.
Be warned, their charts are total crap but again would be less of a worry if you are not scalping.

With CMC you can only trade in increments of a pound, meaning that newbies with small accounts have to start at £1, and then at some point increase 100% to £2. A company like IG allows trades from 50p per point and then penny by penny increments, which is far better and a lot more MM friendly.

Hello,

I just started using cmcmarkets. Yesterday I took a position on 10k $ on EURCHF long at 1.2165, but now I see that I have been handed over the loss of around 100 $ and my total equity has decreased by 100 $ too. The market price shown now is 1.2063(see below), where as the closing price is 1.2163.

Instrument Quantity Market Reval
EUR/CHF 10,000.00/-12,190.82 1.20663 0.93932

I mean, I did not close the position. I am new to CMC Markets and I am more accustomed to Oanda. I understand that they do explicit rollover, but now I am totally confused. Why is price 1.2063 and why this loss?

Can any one of you please tell me what exactly has happened?
Thanks a lot.

Yes, you're right, slippage wouldn't be too much of a problem for longer term traders, but CMC only offer spread betting and CFD's - is that what you're looking to trade?

I'm interested in forex and commodities. I am in a dilemma, I'm considering between CMC and Options Xpress. I know that both very quite different, but both allows me flexibility with my capital.

CMC allows flexible positions as they offer cash commodities without having to transact in actual futures contract size.

OX offers mini futures for some commodities, however OX platform seems to be more primitive (just in my opinion, no flames please).

So I'm inclined towards CMC.

I tried TOS' platform, it was very nice, it has all the tools needed, the charts look good and it's not that expensive. However, they only offer standard contract size which can cause risk management to be quite a problem considering the fact that my capital is below 10k.

My trading time-frame is between days to months, no intra-days at all. So I want to be sure if CMC's slippage and other cons will not affect my trading.

Anyway, happy 2012 from the other side of the world. :)

Hello,

I just started using cmcmarkets. Yesterday I took a position on 10k $ on EURCHF long at 1.2165, but now I see that I have been handed over the loss of around 100 $ and my total equity has decreased by 100 $ too. The market price shown now is 1.2063(see below), where as the closing price is 1.2163.

Instrument Quantity Market Reval
EUR/CHF 10,000.00/-12,190.82 1.20663 0.93932

I mean, I did not close the position. I am new to CMC Markets and I am more accustomed to Oanda. I understand that they do explicit rollover, but now I am totally confused. Why is price 1.2063 and why this loss?

Can any one of you please tell me what exactly has happened?
Thanks a lot.
Yes it is better to post on this thread. 10k, really, a huge position? Did you have a stop loss in place or did you let the CMC platform system decide the stop loss in reference to the funding of your account? Are you trading on the new CMC next-gen platform?

Yes it is better to post on this thread. 10k, really, a huge position? Did you have a stop loss in place or did you let the CMC platform system decide the stop loss in reference to the funding of your account? Are you trading on the new CMC next-gen platform?

Hello,
I did put a stop loss at 1.2 and I could absorb loss till that point without inviting a Margin call. Market never reached 1.2063 anyway, so I don't understand what has happened that I have been handed over a loss.
Well, I am just trading on their web based platform, which you can open in your internet browser.
I could only speculate that may be they closed the position to only open it again SUnday night and stop was put 100 points away to avoid slippage. Just a guess!!

Hello,
I did put a stop loss at 1.2 and I could absorb loss till that point without inviting a Margin call. Market never reached 1.2063 anyway, so I don't understand what has happened that I have been handed over a loss.
Well, I am just trading on their web based platform, which you can open in your internet browser.
I could only speculate that may be they closed the position to only open it again SUnday night and stop was put 100 points away to avoid slippage. Just a guess!!
If you look at the history records you should be able to see if they closed your position and the price you paid. I guess you are trading CFDs? I do not trade live with CMC, some market makers do close overnight position and open them in the morning again. In your case it might be Sunday evening Swedish local time (you have to look up when the start trading your currency pair). Sorry, but 10k in a position and an unexpected small move against you with a gap in the market, could wipe out your entire account, and even put you in a position where you own the company you trade with a lot of money.