CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

I don't care how accurate boundaries work that much. If I feel boundaries reject good trades too often I will just increase boundary value.

Really quiet here, are all satisfied trading with CMC these days or what is the matter?:
I've been trialling CMC longside GFT and I reckon CMC have some sort program that rattles the price back and forth. And there's something not quite right with their charts, besides being decidedly amateurish and blurry. They have the timing of the bar change delayed by about 5 seconds just enough to make you second guess yourself and the appearance of the candles are not what they should be.
Won't be with them long.
Ah yes! Nearly forgot. They quietly switch the trade ticket from Market Order to Limit Order if the market is quick or has the potential to be quick.
So you think you're in and start wondering why the trade arrow hasn't appeared.
By the time you fix it, the trade is almost done. (n)
I dare CMC to deny any of the above.

I've been trialling CMC longside GFT and I reckon CMC have some sort program that rattles the price back and forth. And there's something not quite right with their charts, besides being decidedly amateurish and blurry. They have the timing of the bar change delayed by about 5 seconds just enough to make you second guess yourself and the appearance of the candles are not what they should be.
Won't be with them long.
Ah yes! Nearly forgot. They quietly switch the trade ticket from Market Order to Limit Order if the market is quick or has the potential to be quick.

Just some of the reasons why it's so quiet on here, gle.:)

Just some of the reasons why it's so quiet on here, gle.:)
Not enough Ross, you have to come up with more reasons why this thread is dead (besides, not many are interested in SB forum at t2w).:)
I have been comparing the demo, as this is the only thing I can access, with the future feed, at least not any serious issue here. Also comparing the price feed with many other MT4 providers, same thing or am I totally mistaken? If the live price feed perform the same I don't know. Regarding the charts, well as said before I never trade with SB internal charts at all, why should I when there are future price feed and charts available. Spread and execution, these are the keywords, this is where I like to have confirmation. The platform has a few things to be desired, but not anything that can be solved with some creativity. The slippage has been taken care of, that was a real serious issue, otherwise I don't know, the platform seems pretty good to me. But I don't trade live with them so what do I know?

Won't be with them long.
"Rattling the price back and forth"? Could the reason be CMC have more fractional ticks per point, or they have a more narrower spread?

Not enough Ross, you have to come up with more reasons why this thread is dead (besides, not many are interested in SB forum at t2w).:)
I have been comparing the demo, as this is the only thing I can access, with the future feed, at least not any serious issue here. Also comparing the price feed with many other MT4 providers, same thing or am I totally mistaken? If the live price feed perform the same I don't know. Regarding the charts, well as said before I never trade with SB internal charts at all, why should I when there are future price feed and charts available. Spread and execution, these are the keywords, this is where I like to have confirmation. The platform has a few things to be desired, but not anything that can be solved with some creativity. The slippage has been taken care of, that was a real serious issue, otherwise I don't know, the platform seems pretty good to me. But I don't trade live with them so what do I know?

Plenty of alternative charts to use, yes, but we have to go by the prices supplied by CMC, so it could get very confusing if they go out of synch. Also, one of Next Gen's fantastic(!) new features was the direct trading facility, so it would be daft to watch one chart and do the clicking and dragging on another.

I haven't tried the platform live since the slippage issue was allegedly fixed, but that was only one of the problems. It's a big disappointment that the theoretically narrow spreads are of little practical use because everything takes so long. Hard not to conclude that it's deliberate..

I trade both GFT and CMC live account
. GFT Dealbook 360 charting is far better and more professional than CMC NextGen platform.
. I have noticed GFT chart occasionly might have 0 to 1 second delay than CMC and Oanda.
. GFT Direct Order execution is good but Market Order execution is aweful. Unfortunately after the recent Dealbook 360 update, GFT changed the default order type from Direct Order to Market Order and even more unfortunate there is no easy way to open a Direct Order ticket (you have to type the symbol).
. There's a subtle difference between GFT and CMC's Market Order execution. For CMC, the price filled for a Market Order is a price AFTER the time you click the mouse button and BEFORE you get a confirmation say that the order is accepted. For GFT, you always get the price of the time when you see the confirmation. That means if the price moves in your favor after you have clicked the mouse button, on CMC you can see a profit right at the confirmation, but on GFT you always get a lose equal to the spead right at the confirmation. Anyway, if the market moved against you after you clicked the order you can see a bigger lose on CMC but on GFT it's always -spread.
. On GFT if you executed a Close Position command and didn't see a confirmatin (delay), never execute Close Postion command again otherwise you may get a position in opposite direction. :)

Plenty of alternative charts to use, yes, but we have to go by the prices supplied by CMC, so it could get very confusing if they go out of synch. Also, one of Next Gen's fantastic(!) new features was the direct trading facility, so it would be daft to watch one chart and do the clicking and dragging on another.

I haven't tried the platform live since the slippage issue was allegedly fixed, but that was only one of the problems. It's a big disappointment that the theoretically narrow spreads are of little practical use because everything takes so long. Hard not to conclude that it's deliberate..
The prices I get on the demo is accurate, meaning at least what I have experienced with the demo account, they reflect the movement of the underlying asset. "Everything takes so long", are you are referring to execution time or opening of a trade? If it takes too long getting executed you will get rejected according to settings for Boundaries, not a big issue trading the demo, but again could be different trading from a live account. Hopefully I can post my live experience in the near future, could very well be I come to the same conclusion as some of you guys.

. GFT Dealbook 360 charting is far better and more professional than CMC NextGen platform.
. I have noticed GFT chart occasionly might have 0 to 1 second delay than CMC and Oanda.
. GFT Direct Order execution is good but Market Order execution is aweful. Unfortunately after the recent Dealbook 360 update, GFT changed the default order type from Direct Order to Market Order and even more unfortunate there is no easy way to open a Direct Order ticket (you have to type the symbol).
. There's a subtle difference between GFT and CMC's Market Order execution. For CMC, the price filled for a Market Order is a price AFTER the time you click the mouse button and BEFORE you get a confirmation say that the order is accepted. For GFT, you always get the price of the time when you see the confirmation. That means if the price moves in your favor after you have clicked the mouse button, on CMC you can see a profit right at the confirmation, but on GFT you always get a lose equal to the spead right at the confirmation. Anyway, if the market moved against you after you clicked the order you can see a bigger lose on CMC but on GFT it's always -spread.
. On GFT if you executed a Close Position command and didn't see a confirmatin (delay), never execute Close Postion command again otherwise you may get a position in opposite direction. :)
Thanks, good comparison between the two. Yes, these two execution models is used by the SB companies. The same goes for Captitalspreads vs. Cityindex. Anyway at least on the paper you can have an advantage with CMC Boandaries, by setting a tight boundary, of course as a result not getting executed every time. Do you find 0.7 point spread to be any real advantage against GFT 1 point spread? At least on the Dow it must be noticeable, but on FTSE for example? What about the execution time between the two companies, the same or one or the other faster?

Last edited:
Thanks, good comparison between the two. Yes, these two execution models is used by the SB companies. The same goes for Captitalspreads vs. Cityindex. Anyway at least on the paper you can have an advantage with CMC Boandaries, by setting a tight boundary, of course as a result not getting executed every time. Do you find 0.7 point spread to be any real advantage against GFT 1 point spread? At least on the Dow it must be noticeable, but on FTSE for example?

GFT cut their Dow spread to 1 and AUS200 to 0.5 (market hours). GFT's index spread 1 vs CMC 0.7 is not very much noticeable. But CMC's EUR, AUD, GBP/USD pairs are much better.

I have esignal feed for the FTSE 100, GFT (demo) and CMC. They all show a slightly different price.
I have tried trading CMC off GFTs far superior charts, but as I go to place the trade
CMCs price can be against me by about 3 points after allowing for the differential.
Ive watched GFTs price stay rock steady for about 30 seconds and in that same time CMC have jagged up and down 4 to 5 times. This rattling around is quite random
because next time it might be steady or GFT might have moved off in one smooth move but CMC will give you a couple of quick downward rattles then jag upward.
I use 1 minute candles mostly and GFT candles are delayed by about a half second behind esignal and CMC are delayed a further 4-5 seconds behind GFT.
If on the CMC Demo it looks good, it's because the demo is using a clean feed.
CMC give a close spread because that's good marketing but they more than make it up with random fed volatility. And missed "no brainer" trades because of their sly treatment of the trading ticket.
GFT have guaranteed me their demo data feed is identical to the live platform.
I'll soon find out!

I have esignal feed for the FTSE 100, GFT (demo) and CMC. They all show a slightly different price.
I have tried trading CMC off GFTs far superior charts, but as I go to place the trade
CMCs price can be against me by about 3 points after allowing for the differential.
Ive watched GFTs price stay rock steady for about 30 seconds and in that same time CMC have jagged up and down 4 to 5 times. This rattling around is quite random
because next time it might be steady or GFT might have moved off in one smooth move but CMC will give you a couple of quick downward rattles then jag upward.
I use 1 minute candles mostly and GFT candles are delayed by about a half second behind esignal and CMC are delayed a further 4-5 seconds behind GFT.
CMC give a close spread because that's good marketing but they more than make it up with random fed volatility. And missed "no brainer" trades because of their sly treatment of the trading ticket.
I'll soon find out!
Thanks for this report. The Dow 1 point spread at GFT, yes I have to have a look at GFT as well.

I'll soon find out!

GFT used to say their demo had a delay when it didn't as far as I could tell!

re. CMC's jumpy prices, I suppose it has something to do with the way they derive the extra decimals. IG's quotes also flit up and down far more than necessary.

"Everything takes so long", are you are referring to execution time or opening of a trade? If it takes too long getting executed you will get rejected according to settings for Boundaries, not a big issue trading the demo, but again could be different trading from a live account. Hopefully I can post my live experience in the near future, could very well be I come to the same conclusion as some of you guys.

I mean the time it takes for the boxes to appear after clicking, and going through the various stages of placing a trade.

Can't find a user predefine stop loss in points trading with GFT Dealbook 360. If not that is stone age, missing such a feature on a modern trading platform.

Ok thanks, have you been trading live with GFT?

Not since clsoing my account a year or so back, but if Dealbook has been fixed and they offer 1pt US30 I might give them another go...

I don't have access now, gle, and can't remember the order system, but you'll find Dealbook (not the browser-based version) has far more features than any other SB platform (apart from MT4, possibly) so I'm sure you can predefine stops, limits, etc.

Can't find a user predefine stop loss in points trading with GFT Dealbook 360. If not that is stone age, missing such a feature on a modern trading platform.
Yeh they do. It took me a while to find it. I had to contact them. Can't remember how its done right now.

re. CMC's jumpy prices, I suppose it has something to do with the way they derive the extra decimals.
I'm of the opinion they have a "flutter" program that pre-empts a price move of the underlying.
Sometimes the program will push the price out by almost 2 ticks and if the move eventuates, they have over a two tick start on the market if you include the spread.
If the price doesn't eventuate, the price will jag back the pre-empt plus the spread plus the programs pre-empt for a price in the opposite direction.
The extent of their pre-empt appears to change with market conditions.
It wouldn't be that hard to prove or disprove if a regulative authority got involved.
I've been thinking of doing a video capture of the three prices side by side.
It's just that I'm too busy trading and the reality is I don't care enough,
I'm in the process of changing to GFT which at this stage appears to be a little more honest.