CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Slippage is part of the game , it is nonsense to say you will never get slipped trading the ES , maybe because of your trading style u never get slipped while trading the ES but others certainly did , search ET forums ...
Slippage is a natural occurrence trading DMA (market orders), but ES is so liquid that it is probably not any cause for worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine`s ok here---trialling live with small amounts for now--seems reasonable but usual opening price variance of a few pips when market moving--wouldn`t want to scalp on this platform

PLEASE CMC change the SL thingy.
Thanks for the report. Lets say you pay a few pips extra in order to always get into the trade. Doesn't sound too bad for me, that is if the spread is 0.7 points (US30), likewise to close an order. The interesting thing is not actually the slippage, but what is the average price you pay for a round trip calculated on let say hundreds of trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way to calculate cmc real spread (not their advertised spreads) is add 2 pips each side in normal market conditions, so that's 4 pips average slippage with advertised spread is 5.4 round trip. Just stay out around faster times, forget it.

The way to calculate cmc real spread (not their advertised spreads) is add 2 pips each side in normal market conditions, so that's 4 pips average slippage with advertised spread is 5.4 round trip. Just stay out around faster times, forget it.

Careful, you'll upset gle101 and spoil his fantasy as to how great CMC is :LOL:

5.4 ? you don't pay the spread twice , if it is 0.7 and the slippage 2 per side then the cost is 4.7 ...

Careful, you'll upset gle101 and spoil his fantasy as to how great CMC is :LOL:
Absolutely not, bring on the statistics and lets calculate the real spread at CMC.:)

And what do you base this calculation on, real trades I hope.

5.4 ? you don't pay the spread twice , if it is 0.7 and the slippage 2 per side then the cost is 4.7 ...

I stand corrected, I expect to pay in real terms 5-7 pips spread round trip. So no good for scalping but still not that bad if you don't expect to get the advertised spreads. They should change their ads to 2.5-3 pip typical spreads.

Real is live, as in not demo, try it yourself.
OK, show us some statistics of some "real" trades then, so far I haven't seen nothing yet from you, that would give me a hint on how CMC are performing in live trading.