City Index = Very Poor

Will agree on the stop thing as I was making the newb mistake of rushing into things that's more like why I was getting stopped out, but have had a lot of problems trying to log in to the platform over the months...

I hope that I did not appear too brusque. That was not my intenetion and it is over ten years since I was there.

Why don't you try Finspreads? No harm lost and I believe that they give 75-100 quid for new accounts. Just don't blame me if you don't like them, though! :D

Those who trade poorly blame the company they are dealing with. This site is full of such compaints. I used City Index before they went online---telephone trading. They were ok, then. Now I am with Finspreads, who have merged with CI. They are ok, too. Believe me, I have no connections with any of these people and, if I got suspicious of dodgy stops, etc. I would not stay there five minutes.

Agreed but platforms going down all the time is not acceptable and good enough reason to move on. They are telling me at the moment to delete my cookies...sigh.

Agreed but platforms going down all the time is not acceptable and good enough reason to move on. They are telling me at the moment to delete my cookies...sigh.

Mr Flibble,
may be a better solution to delete them:LOL:

I hope that I did not appear too brusque. That was not my intenetion and it is over ten years since I was there.

Why don't you try Finspreads? No harm lost and I believe that they give 75-100 quid for new accounts. Just don't blame me if you don't like them, though! :D

Nah, am a tough geezer can take whatever:), am trying ig out they seem good for me at the min, cheers for the thought though(y)

Yes they will be deleted soon. Right after they lose a few more pounds. I have the princely sum of £85 left in that account (big money I know) Lets see if I can get it up to £1,000 my votes on City though ;0

FTSE long pound a point buy just over 5700 for tomorrow. Will add a further 50p per point if I make 30 points and keep on adding every 30 points. It will be a bit of fun. I've decided on Alapari btw just need to send in my ID.

I have one trade for Eur/USD that magically opened itself while I was away from my PC despite not having any orders current. Just sent email to scrub it despite it being in profit. The whole platform is acting weird. For a 50p per point trade on Eur it should require a margin of £70 yet it states £30 and my balance is showing way too much...WTF is going on. Im nervous as hell with this order if it was mine I'd manage it but I'm worried if I manage it they'll assume its mine.

Email responder says 2 days this could get really bad especially if it goes in the red.

Anyone notice a big spread disparity between FXCM and Alpari. Alparis spread seems tiny on the demo.

Agreed cityindex is an unreliable platform, numerous occasions I haven't been able to log on, been cut off within seconds of getting on, and have never rang and asked but some of the spikes on the currencies are scary, dunno if it a technical glitch or something but, hang on I'll be precise if I can get on:sleep:, on the 30th december on eur jpy the open was 13192 and the spike topped at 15027, and the gbp sgd is just the worst can find, I am not wasting too much time on this but it makes me a bit paranoid if this is right, gbp/sgd 9/3/2009 open 21898, low 11251. 15/5/09 open 22298, high 30937, low 9424. 6/8/09 open 24376, high 54601, maybe these are holidays, am not sure, but it definitely is a worry..

On 30 Dec 2009 the high of day was 132.785 EUR/JPY

Ok Bigboy if you say so, have nothing to gain by lying but can't get into cityindex to double check at min:p

Ok Bigboy if you say so, have nothing to gain by lying but can't get into cityindex to double check at min:p

I'm not saying you are lying, I was just comparing you're figures to my charts which are based on actual market data. I would be happy to check for price discrepancies so you would be able to make a complaint.

Got a call from them on Friday I did mention that a few people are having the same issues as me. They are going to look into it, so lets see.

I'm not saying you are lying, I was just comparing you're figures to my charts which are based on actual market data. I would be happy to check for price discrepancies so you would be able to make a complaint.

Yep just checked, 30th dec city index charts big spike on eur jpy, I don't need to complain, I just wont be going anywhere near the pairs with these spikes, and today when I went onto the daytrade section some of the shares were up as much as they were worth, major technical probs by the looks of it...

OK City Index just dropped its spread from 2 points to 1 on the FTSE very welcome indeed. Wall street now only 1 pip was 4 before. I've been moaning they're too expensive but this is a really positive step so credit goes to them on this at least. Good work City Index now please sort your platform out and I'll be a happy chap.

EUR/USD now 2 points well well they are moving in the right direction. City index took a hammering on Thursday my tiny account is now taking on epic proportions. They tried their best to screw me on Thurday AM however. FTSE dropped 60 points and regained within 1-2 minutes. On the tick chart there was a one tick and the very next one was 60 points below. My sell orders (short) were in the middle and couldn't have been actioned at those prices but they still put them through. If anything they would have actioned them at the bottom of the level and then I would have a margin call which would have been just fine. Unbeknown to me that day was to be truly huge and after having lost £500 and my account being close to £35 I then proceeded to short and pyramid my gains as I watched in amazement as the FTSE dropped and dropped. My account now stands at £1000 and as I care little what happens now with this little account it could get interesting.

They agreed I had a right to a rebate and coughed up £200 so good for them but why do it in the first place. EUR/USD spreads now down to 2 points so they are still moving in the right way. However platform issues still make this a poor choice. After that huge movement in the DOW they now immediately take down online trading for minutes at atime during any kind of big movements.

keep well way from city Index, the worst on the market.
Every time when you close a ticket they push the price down, and then goes up again . They run you to the ground and against you. I had some shares for 3 months, as soon I close the deal they went up . This its a bit more then considence, ITS PRICE FIXING !
on 100 trade tickets going long 97% of them went down in price, this is not coincidence either but its rigging against people like me.

A lot of people have been victim of the City Index broker .

They will no be for much longer on the market this is for sure !! ]

keep away from them