Charts Only

I agree losers dont hurt when you have followed the plan, even speculative losers which are in line with my view for the day and had been confirmed by PA dont hurt, but that long was just daft.

-my view for the day was for cable to close lower

-nothing in the PA (that i could see) suggested we have bottomed out

-I spent the whole time that i held that trade thinking 'i'm getting out at +10' which is always a sign that i should just kill the trade.

Even if my current short goes on a runner and i end the day doing well it will still be my worst day since i started the journal, completely given in to my impulses today:eek:

I know my analysis is good (as far as i'm concerned)

I know my setups offer me low risk/high reward trades.

I know that my win rate is 40%+

so why do i let myself get trigger happy after missing a set up. I've done the same thing after missing set ups that occur in the asian session. lowering the TF and trading after a 5 second analysis.

This is very damaging for me and my account and in the past has also led to me increasing the stakes to try and make back losses.

Part of the reason I started the journal is to slow me down stop me doing this kind of thing and it has worked to an extent but i'm far from cured.

not a good day here so far for what its worth. down 23 pips.

thanks for sharing temp, but its not the end result thats caused the frustration and rant, although the more i type the calmer i'm getting and therefore less likely to carry on so I do appreciate the replys(y)

I agree losers dont hurt when you have followed the plan, even speculative losers which are in line with my view for the day and had been confirmed by PA dont hurt, but that long was just daft.

-my view for the day was for cable to close lower

-nothing in the PA (that i could see) suggested we have bottomed out

-I spent the whole time that i held that trade thinking 'i'm getting out at +10' which is always a sign that i should just kill the trade.

Even if my current short goes on a runner and i end the day doing well it will still be my worst day since i started the journal, completely given in to my impulses today:eek:

I know my analysis is good (as far as i'm concerned)

I know my setups offer me low risk/high reward trades.

I know that my win rate is 40%+

so why do i let myself get trigger happy after missing a set up. I've done the same thing after missing set ups that occur in the asian session. lowering the TF and trading after a 5 second analysis.

This is very damaging for me and my account and in the past has also led to me increasing the stakes to try and make back losses.

Part of the reason I started the journal is to slow me down stop me doing this kind of thing and it has worked to an extent but i'm far from cured.

Vaco I've traded from an office for the first few hours of the day,slow but OK, then came home after 1pm. 3 kids; 16,14,9... off for half term (and the 14yr old lad won't play around with his IG account the slacker), point is the distraction is massive and if your little fella is about your mind won't be on the game...
Losses still hurt, I fookin hate them, big big problem for me early days, but agreed nowhere near as much if you follow the plan..LOL just about to give my morning's gains back on GBP/JPY...:LOL: Still, might go long on it in the next 15 minutes and if that's the case just wasted 2 trades..:rolleyes:
Have to say this is the worse conditions I've experienced for ages, EURO causing panic and parlaysis in equal measures??

funny you mention the little rascal, he was the reason i was out -dropping him and his gran off at a puppet show.

it is definately a distraction- although i did ok this morningi spent the whole time feeling guilty about sticking him in front of the telly and having my back to him, then came the 'i'm bored i've got no one to play with routine so he ended up on the chair with me miniture snakes and ladders board in place of the keyboard, one eye on the screen the other on making sure i take my turn when i'm supposed to.

Normally I listen to this on the radio before I start trading to inspire me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMS5xQ_V0TQ&NR=1

but just now this seems to be perking me up more reminding me what its all about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FT0-GdA4Ss&feature=related

I want Alicia as a lover and a muse...she's ace..:) Perhaps on holidays (actually the week before) you have to move up to hourly/two hourly charts...be dead as night today on them but...

I read this as two seperate statements at first.

in ma dreams boy :D...listen if you get stopped out on your cable trade, shut down and take the lad to the park...trading, money, opportunities...they'll always be there mate, you will not, repeat not get the time back with them, indulge yourself with as much time as possible with them esp. when they're small...see gby/jpy go..?

thnks Bs, will shut down after this one proper trade now as per setup rules.

Attachments

• trade 6.gif
    trade 6.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 178
bloody ell tht was quick.....:eek:

thats it no more for me today, gonna blast the music out and dance round the room like a nut to justin timberlake instead :devilish:

took the morning off and went out with my son.

so far this week i'm down 94 pips. was marginally up yesterday untill i had the blow up and monday should have been a no trade day due to th eus bank holiday.

Well I cant change what has happened only try to learn from it in order to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

I'm trying not to think too much about been down for the week as i do not want it to effect my trades (most likely by getting me out to early)

Had 1 trade since i got back in today which is still running, about to move stop to B.e.

Attachments

• trade 1.gif
    trade 1.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 146
still in, went to the park with my son after i moved stop to B.E, just got back in now. If i believe that we are going to complete the days range downwards then theres another 80 odd pips to go which would give me about 130 on this trade.

On the other hand if i think the break out has no steam left in it, i should get out now.

i'm inclined to let it run at the moment and just move the stop to lock in profit as i think it will at least get as far as 5700

Nice one buddy and yesterday? Ancient history now eh...;) Price keeps nipping under the 30 on the rsi so tempted to stay in for the ride...

If i'm able to recoup the bulk of 2 days losses in one trade then i feel i must be doing something right. As for yesterday that is far from ancient history as it has cost me growth on the account, instead i'm just pulling back the drawdown.

Will remember in order to not repeat or at least try not to anyway.

If i'm able to recoup the bulk of 2 days losses in one trade then i feel i must be doing something right. As for yesterday that is far from ancient history as it has cost me growth on the account, instead i'm just pulling back the drawdown.

Will remember in order to not repeat or at least try not to anyway.

stick to your rules endex...on that subject I'm out, circa 70pips+

out +95 fomc meeting minuites in an hour so banked it.

Attachments

• trade 1 exit.gif
    trade 1 exit.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 125