Channel Tunnel - Migrants - Think Tank Solution

The immigrants could be matched up with those that want them in. Have to feed and clothe them of course. If the euro politicians had any sense at all they would be welcoming them in and training up an army to send back.

The MoD is allocating space to help alleviate the migrant problem. The migrants will be allowed to travel on special trains through the tunnel and then provided with secure onward transportation to a number of locations with camping facilities on spare MoD land at Bovington, Salisbury Plain, Lulworth, Otterburn, Castlemartin and Dartmoor.

global problem and worsening......warzones ...hunger .........drought............like the Climate issue the worlds goverments need to get together and create a solution

we need to create a new country somewhere and send them all there .........give them a fighting chance to create a new and promised land of opportunity and hope.......

no baggage though .........if they don't work or contribute then they don't get in

N

The MoD is allocating space to help alleviate the migrant problem. The migrants will be allowed to travel on special trains through the tunnel and then provided with secure onward transportation to a number of locations with camping facilities on spare MoD land at Bovington, Salisbury Plain, Lulworth, Otterburn, Castlemartin and Dartmoor.

recipe for disaster................all democratic countries have their limits re immigration and support mechanisms..............and even this wont stop the legions of haters taking it out on these poor wretches

that's why a global and independent new zone/country is the way forward ...........in a global location that is pretty neutral and unwanted anyway - until the worlds goverments beef it up with investment

somewhere in Africa will do .............create a new country - plenty for sale anyway

N

recipe for disaster................all democratic countries have their limits re immigration and support mechanisms..............and even this wont stop the legions of haters taking it out on these poor wretches

that's why a global and independent new zone/country is the way forward ...........in a global location that is pretty neutral and unwanted anyway - until the worlds goverments beef it up with investment

somewhere in Africa will do .............create a new country - plenty for sale anyway

N

In Africa ?
Haven't they just fled Africa ?

On BBC a French spokesman said that most have not got papers and deportation is not possible.

They don't mind shunting the problem over to the Brits. :)

i live in Barcelona and the "problem" is not apparent to many people. I'm sure that it is to those who live in certain areas, though. For those who know this city I can say that the underground station at Plaza Cataluña was one big market a few days ago, when I was passing through. It used to be a place for out of work musicians but they seem to have decided to move somewhere else, Whether the police will turn them out of there, I don't know, i think that I preferred Intermezzo, played on an old, out of tune violin.

Build a fence and increase the size of the coast guard to police the shores.

Build a fence and increase the size of the coast guard to police the shores.

The ultimate is flood it, That is a solution that UKIP would, probably, resort to.

If the French cannot control access to it from their side, this will be an ongoing problem from now on.

The ultimate is flood it, That is a solution that UKIP would, probably, resort to.

If the French cannot control access to it from their side, this will be an ongoing problem from now on.

The French can control access about as well as they can make a dependable car. I will not hold my breath.

The French can control access about as well as they can make a dependable car. I will not hold my breath.

The French are to blame for the Calais problem. It is one that they want to shunt on to the UK. They have, along with the other members, allowed free movement across borders and the consequence is a build-up at Calais.

In the last few hours the Italian coastguard has rescued 800 boat people. For some odd reason, EU law says that they must be taken to Italy. Why is that? why should they not be returned to Libya?

The British are prepared to help with wire fences and sniffer dogs. What BS is that? This whole immigration matter needs a serious rethink by Brussels. At long last, Hollande is beginning to realise that.

The French are to blame for the Calais problem. It is one that they want to shunt on to the UK. They have, along with the other members, allowed free movement across borders and the consequence is a build-up at Calais.

In the last few hours the Italian coastguard has rescued 800 boat people. For some odd reason, EU law says that they must be taken to Italy. Why is that? why should they not be returned to Libya?

The British are prepared to help with wire fences and sniffer dogs. What BS is that? This whole immigration matter needs a serious rethink by Brussels. At long last, Hollande is beginning to realise that.

The Brits should build electrified fences. Why do they rescue them?

Sorry that I don't have a witty solution to the problem. I just want to share the thought that the majority of the migrants who arrive in Europe do not choose the UK as their favoured destination. Consider that the 5,000 strong camp in Calais is a fraction of the number who have crossed the Med so far this year.

Sorry that I don't have a witty solution to the problem. I just want to share the thought that the majority of the migrants who arrive in Europe do not choose the UK as their favoured destination. Consider that the 5,000 strong camp in Calais is a fraction of the number who have crossed the Med so far this year.

Quite true. Calais is not the problem. It is far more serious than that and requires joint EU membership solutions.

It is an example of how a currency has been introduced into a potential nation, without that nation becoming federalised, like the US.

Immigration, national defence, fiscal uniformity, foreign policy. The Euro has been introduced before any of these matters have been addressed.

Quite true. Calais is not the problem. It is far more serious than that and requires joint EU membership solutions.

It is an example of how a currency has been introduced into a potential nation, without that nation becoming federalised, like the US.

Immigration, national defence, fiscal uniformity, foreign policy. The Euro has been introduced before any of these matters have been addressed.

While I agree with those statements, the only way that I could foresee that happening, is by removing the member countries' borders and losing some sovereignty.

While I agree with those statements, the only way that I could foresee that happening, is by removing the member countries' borders and losing some sovereignty.

Yes. The fact that there is no common law on immigration is the reason that UK js at loggerheads with countries that are allowing them in and to cross borders willy-nilly.

Why is the UK and France sending troops to fight rebels, alongside US, while the rest will only go when UNO send them?

Why do so many countries have widely varying inflation and financial problems when they belong to one currency. with the interest rates decided by the BCE and, when the BCE can't help anymore, the non Euro countries are, not asked, but told by Junkers that they must help out, whether they like it or not?