Best Thread Capital Spreads

not much of fan of the new software. very unreliable and seems to cause conflicts with other things on my machine.

as an ex web developer i would say the user, speed and reliability were not the priorities in that design? hopefully next time they will be.

after further investigation the cs software maxs out my cpu. when i close the cs window the cpu goes back to normal. the software also causes conflicts with IT advanced charts which it tends to freeze.

so the web developers have created some kind of bloatware that demands a high cpu and system running cost.

usually this kind of thing happens because the developers create and demonstrate the stuff on a state of the art box rather than testing it on a standard machine. no doubt it looked impressive.

after further investigation the cs software maxs out my cpu. when i close the cs window the cpu goes back to normal. the software also causes conflicts with IT advanced charts which it tends to freeze.

so the web developers have created some kind of bloatware that demands a high cpu and system running cost.

usually this kind of thing happens because the developers create and demonstrate the stuff on a state of the art box rather than testing it on a standard machine. no doubt it looked impressive.
Do you have a dual core processor? If not, it might be worth investing in some new hardware.

Yeah it happened w me even i have dual core , my cpu stays above 50% if i am using capitalspreads ! but i dont agree that it looks impressive ...

Do you have a dual core processor? If not, it might be worth investing in some new hardware.

no guarantee that the IT advanced charts will work even then.

cs have been shafted by the developers. sure people with dual core 4g ram might be allright unless they decide to 'upgrade it again'.

so really they should provide a warning that you need at least a dual core for this software.

my other sbs software runs fine on my 2 year old ['ancient' ] machine.

no guarantee that the IT advanced charts will work even then.

cs have been shafted by the developers. sure people with dual core 4g ram might be allright unless they decide to 'upgrade it again'.

so really they should provide a warning that you need at least a dual core for this software.

my other sbs software runs fine on my 2 year old ['ancient' ] machine.
A couple of Java charts running and you are in trouble with a single core processor. I am not using CS charts or any other SB charts for that matter. In fact I have my charts separated on another computer with 3 monitors. I like to have the trading computer setup completely free, to insure a secure execution on my positions.

New platform is Cr@p. Can't use it thru my corporate firewall as it's trying to connect thru a blocked port. All I get is a screen saying 'Establishing Communiction with FEP ...'

Phoned / emailed CS who said 'Sorry blah blah blah ...' or a very helpfull 'Maybe you could ask your Company to unblock ....'. Yes, of course, why didn''t I think of that. After all it's only a Top Tier IB ....

Fine, am closing my account.

Last edited:
Just tried them again (use IG these days for better US coverage) - opened 2 x charts, all worked perfectly ok and very quick.

Win XP, P4 2.8, 1GB ram, Firefox. :confused:

Maybe he gets the blame for LCG's dwindling profits?
No I don't think so, he has been one of the people behind CS success in the resent years. The downturn is not surprising taking the recession in consideration. They probably invested heavily on the new platform as well.

No I don't think so, he has been one of the people behind CS success in the resent years. The downturn is not surprising taking the recession in consideration. They probably invested heavily on the new platform as well.

come on Gle u think they really invested millions on this platform ? this downturn is due to many clients stopped using them , recession is not the cause , check other SB firms how they did very well ...

come on Gle u think they really invested millions on this platform ? this downturn is due to many clients stopped using them , recession is not the cause , check other SB firms how they did very well ...
Last year was a downturn for the whole financial sector. Do you really think brokers, and other financial firms have been spared in 2008? If they have developed a new platform from scratch and not using a standard system, will for sure demand a considerably amount of money. You just have to look at the numbers of clients 45.000, to realize they have had an extremely rapid growth in the last few years.

not for this plaform , believe me it will not cost millions , 45000 accounts doesnt mean anything if they r not active anymore , check only this thread and c how many guys stopped using them last year ...

The boss doesn't get holidays, his presence is requested somewhere else!:LOL:
We'll see, when Simon comes back to the thread. I have been amazed that he has attended this thread throught the years. Maybe it is time for him to call it goodbye.