Best Thread Capital Spreads

May be this thread is getting a little bit sidetracked with this SB versus DMA.

But let's face it. If you are good enough you can be successful for a very long time using DMA. No restrictions or manipulation.

But if you are successful, you won't last long with a SB company as you will be chased off eventually. These are places where there is always something wrong with a winning strategy!

May be this thread is getting a little bit sidetracked with this SB versus DMA.

But let's face it. If you are good enough you can be successful for a very long time using DMA. No restrictions or manipulation.

But if you are successful, you won't last long with a SB company as you will be chased off eventually. These are places where there is always something wrong with a winning strategy!

I think the problem is with daytraders and scalpers , but if u r a swing trader u will not have problems using SB ...

I think the problem is with daytraders and scalpers , but if u r a swing trader u will not have problems using SB ...

Of course. Because they know that as a swing trader you are a sitting duck and the market will take you out sooner or later.

Of course. Because they know that as a swing trader you are a sitting duck and the market will take you out sooner or later.
Not necessarily so, swing traders are less affected by the spread. With a good trading strategy you will probably be better off compared to scalpers. You also have much more free time over for other things in life.:)

Last edited:
:LOL: what utter fookin nonsense.

You think so?
I put it to you that they make more money off swing traders than they make off scalpers and that speaks volume. I can't see them banning swing traders so they must make a nice income from them :LOL:
Whereas scalpers are actually taking money off them so thats why they get banned !!!

You think so?
I put it to you that they make more money off swing traders than they make off scalpers and that speaks volume. I can't see them banning swing traders so they must make a nice income from them :LOL:
Whereas scalpers are actually taking money off them so thats why they get banned !!!
Overall SB is OK, there is some unfair practice by some SB that I have recently been pointing out on this thread. If some swing traders lose money in the long run, it has nothing to do with foul play on their part (SB).

You think so?

I think this has already been answered.

Scalpers are banned because they can't be hedged, so any loss to the SB can't be mitigated or avoided in any other way.

Profitable swing traders are fine, because their positions can be hedged out for a profit (the spread).

You think so?

You know this for a fact do you? :whistling

Scalpers are banned because they can't be hedged, so any loss to the SB can't be mitigated or avoided in any other way.

Profitable swing traders are fine, because their positions can be hedged out for a profit (the spread).

Wrong and Wrong. I'm baffled that people think that their spread bets are being hedged.:LOL:

SB companies don't hedge your one or two pounds bets or even five pounds. (And Simon said that the majority of bets are up to 5 pounds per pip). It's all against the house except for bets which exceeds their risk profile. For example very large bets and if the total bets on any one instrument is more than the amount of risk they are willing to take for that particular instrument.

I believe there are several posts from Simon on this matter on this thread, so may be scroll back to his earlier posts.

Wrong and Wrong. I'm baffled that people think that their spread bets are being hedged.:LOL:

SB companies don't hedge your one or two pounds bets or even five pounds. (And Simon said that the majority of bets are up to 5 pounds per pip). It's all against the house except for bets which exceeds their risk profile. For example very large bets and if the total bets on any one instrument is more than the amount of risk they are willing to take for that particular instrument.

I believe there are several posts from Simon on this matter on this thread, so may be scroll back to his earlier posts.

I can see you possess a rare insight which is beyond mine, even after a decade working in the industry.

All SB companies have an exposure limit of some sort. They generally don't hedge trades one for one, but only when the aggregate exposure is over this limit. Beyond that they don't give a toss what bets you're making unless you're scalping.

A scalper consistently making money cannot be hedged even if his trades take you over the exposure limit, and is therefore a known and real cost. A swing trader can be hedged if need be. While different companies have different exposure tolerances, successful scalping is never welcome whereas successful trading may be.

I can see you possess a rare insight which is beyond mine, even after a decade working in the industry.

Good to see. But that's how long I have been trading, a decade. To be more precise it will be 11 years this year. So you could say I have been around the traps for a long time.

All SB companies have an exposure limit of some sort. They generally don't hedge trades one for one, but only when the aggregate exposure is over this limit. Beyond that they don't give a toss what bets you're making unless you're scalping.

Nothing I disagree with as per my post you were replying to.

A scalper consistently making money cannot be hedged even if his trades take you over the exposure limit, and is therefore a known and real cost. A swing trader can be hedged if need be. While different companies have different exposure tolerances, successful scalping is never welcome whereas successful trading may be.

My point is that most of the time these SB companies don't hedge and it is merely used as an excuse to shift successful scalpers away from their platform. It's like complaining about a hedging problem when you never intended to hedge.:LOL:

My point is that most of the time these SB companies don't hedge and it is merely used as an excuse to shift successful scalpers away from their platform. It's like complaining about a hedging problem when you never intended to hedge.:LOL:
I think you have to admit that you are the wrong on the swing trading part. But I do agree with you on the fact, that some SB use unable to hedge and latency as an excuse to do almost anything against the client.

anyone having a problem with the site?
woman on the other side says nothing wrong.
been giving problem since yesterday.

thanks.