Best Thread Capital Spreads

hi simon

just a tip from someone who used to make websites.

when the developers show you their new creation they will do so on a lighting fast machine with big screens running no other programs. ask them to show you how it works on an average machine with average screen say 2-3 year old running other open programs together that the average punter might have including at least 3 charts, metatrader, ransquawk, skype, email client, news site etc.

speed rather than features [like the unnecessary java on the home page] is of more use. developers like to make things 'feature rich' whereas users prefer speed.
I believe that CS, have something really good on the horizon with the new platform. The technical effort involved in creating a service with a speed demand of milliseconds, is challenging, both from a software and a hardware perspective. This is not just an ordinary web site, it must handle a huge number of orders going through the system, where the main issue is cost, security and lightning speed. There is also network latency to be considered. I think CS is on the right track. It will be very interesting to see how the new platform will perform, when it is implemented, under heavy traffic and stress.

I would like to see this new platform tested with heavy volumes instead of just a handful of traders before I make an opinion of it. It may just be another snail in disguise.

Hopefully CS have learned their lessons from earlier mistakes. It is of no use converting to a new system unless there is a signficant improvement.

they might get conned by the developers who can have their own agenda? i've seen it happen.

the ONE thing that would make a difference for me is reform of the deal ticket so its more like IG where you can set stops and limits at the same time before dealing.

they might get conned by the developers who can have their own agenda? i've seen it happen.

the ONE thing that would make a difference for me is reform of the deal ticket so its more like IG where you can set stops and limits at the same time before dealing.
Yes I agree, I have been trying CS to implement a user default predefine stop loss, for a couple of years now, without any success.:)

Why would they want to do anything that helped punters?:)

cause there are others that will? it might have been cutting edge a few years ago.

normal fear and greed and trading errors should give them enough income. indeed they are so confident the edge is with them they give people 70 squid to 'play with'. so giving a good deal ticket shouldn't affect their bottom line. indeed making it easy to trade should increase their profits? :)

cause there are others that will? it might have been cutting edge a few years ago.

normal fear and greed and trading errors should give them enough income. indeed they are so confident the edge is with them they give people 70 squid to 'play with'. so giving a good deal ticket shouldn't affect their bottom line. indeed making it easy to trade should increase their profits? :)

It's strange that firms that don't give any tempting offers of free money to open accounts (I* Index and G*T) are also the ones that seem to treat customers most fairly...

Hi all. Im planning to subscribe for Ninja service and I have just one question for you guys. At present time I trade futures with Infinity Futures and I use automated system based on Sierra Charts. Im planning to move my account from Infinity to futuresbetting.com,same idea but no commisions. Unfortunately they support only Ninja for automated trading. After contacting Sierra admin. they tolled me--- I can send the signals to Ninja through a text file.
I wonder if it works ??? and IF does would it slow down order processing ,get late feels ????

Thanks

Vitali.

Last edited:
setting orders before you place a trade is very nice (and will be available on the new platform) but I must say that it takes only a few seconds to amend orders from the current deal ticket confirmation (probably less time than it takes to pre-fill a trade ticket with stops and limits) and what does a dealer really want ..to get the trade on now and worry about stops later... or to fiddle about before placing the trade?

vit007

can you place futuresbetting queries on their thread as, frankly, I have not got a clue what your query is about.

phil..pip

rubbishing/complaints about a platform that we have not even launched yet !! sigh ... why do we even bother

simon

setting orders before you place a trade is very nice (and will be available on the new platform) but I must say that it takes only a few seconds to amend orders from the current deal ticket confirmation (probably less time than it takes to pre-fill a trade ticket with stops and limits) and what does a dealer really want ..to get the trade on now and worry about stops later... or to fiddle about before placing the trade?

vit007

can you place futuresbetting queries on their thread as, frankly, I have not got a clue what your query is about.

phil..pip

rubbishing/complaints about a platform that we have not even launched yet !! sigh ... why do we even bother

simon
A trader wants to get a trade on quickly, and not worry about stop later. Meaning, the best is if the stop loss is, predefined by user.

Yes, the new platform looks promising, feed and execution are lightning fast. It is better to take your time in careful planning before converting, this to be sure, it will work just as good as DD.

vit007

phil..pip

simon

Simon what would be great is if we are given the option to enter the amount in pips/points we want to use as the stop. Sorts out your point of getting the trade on now and fiddling about with the trade ticket. IMO no clue why more companies do not do this. Until then IG for me.

phil..pip

simon

Considering the amount of flak you have to put up with here, I often wonder myself. Perhaps the answer must be that you keep valiantly struggling on because LCG managed to make over £10m profit last year, despite having to suffer ungrateful fools like us? Please don't feel too downtrodden and depressed. If it's any consolation, I believe that stacking supermarket shelves, coalmining or joining the army can also be quite tough. Rumour has it that you don't even get a company BMW.

...it takes only a few seconds to amend orders...

not necessarily. there can be several reasons why it might take longer or get locked out altogether for a minute or two. and its just fiddly and easy to get the numbers wrong.

but great news if its on the new platform.

[ps most traders i know see setups coming for a while before trigger so there isn't much quickdraw gut reaction impulse intuition jedi use the force type get the order in trading and if there was then maybe a shoot them up game would suit better? ;) ]

Last edited:
Simon what would be great is if we are given the option to enter the amount in pips/points we want to use as the stop. Sorts out your point of getting the trade on now and fiddling about with the trade ticket. IMO no clue why more companies do not do this. Until then IG for me.

ETX Capital do it too,

So IG Index and ETX for me :LOL:

IG let the trader enter the amount in pips/points and also show the monetary deposit associated with it, which makes entering a trade with them so much less of a mystery than entering one with CS....I almost never know in advance exactly how much a trade with CS is going to cost me. This seems such a basic requirement, I can't imagine why CS and others would not do this.

IG let the trader enter the amount in pips/points and also show the monetary deposit associated with it, which makes entering a trade with them so much less of a mystery than entering one with CS....I almost never know in advance exactly how much a trade with CS is going to cost me. This seems such a basic requirement, I can't imagine why CS and others would not do this.
Is the stop loss predefined by user? It is not the same thing entering the stop together with the order ticket. If it is the case, that the stop loss is predefined, it is a really good feature.

Is the stop loss predefined by user? It is not the same thing entering the stop together with the order ticket. If it is the case, that the stop loss is predefined, it is a really good feature.

no not predefined , but u can attach it with your trade when u enter , as a pips distance , i think it is very good feature