Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon,

Will CS be making similar changes to your platform like TF?

Will CS be adding any additional futures in the near future?
In addition to the ones you list now I'm looking for; OJ:Orange Juice, CT:Cotton, SB:Sugar #11, KC:Coffee "C", PB:pork Bellies, FC:Feeder Cattle.

Another SB Co has them, but your spreads & MM are much better, also CS list front month +1 I don't think anyone else does that.

mar...

capitals-

There is lot of un-used space and wasted blank space on the main trading page.
To make use of it is it possible to
A) Have a open position folder at the bottom, like IG and others?
B) Introduce more favourite folders?
C) Add news info.?

I have few more suggestions to make the platform better and more user friendly for traders which I will suggest once above are introduced.

Thanks for listening.

still waiting for the reply.

thanks

Simon,

Will CS be making similar changes to your platform like TF?

Will CS be adding any additional futures in the near future?
In addition to the ones you list now I'm looking for; OJ:Orange Juice, CT:Cotton, SB:Sugar #11, KC:Coffee "C", PB:pork Bellies, FC:Feeder Cattle.

Another SB Co has them, but your spreads & MM are much better, also CS list front month +1 I don't think anyone else does that.

mar...

CS maybe will switch to DD's platform ...

unfortunately, much as i like to wish for everything, it takes vast sums of money and time to build (and test) new platfroms.

our new developments will cover most of your requirements

simon

unfortunately, much as i like to wish for everything, it takes vast sums of money and time to build (and test) new platfroms.

our new developments will cover most of your requirements

simon
Thanks, Like you say "If any client wishes to move from one platform to another that is entirely his choice and as the client has already agreed the terms and conditions with LCG then there is no problem about doing this"

If it makes that big a deal to me I may look into the above, but for now everything works as advertised for my EOD systems. Its just one for those, "wow that would be nice to have" things.

Any news on the futures contracts additions, or aren't they that popular?

I was having a look through some markets and for pretty much the first time looked at the FTSE250.

I would definetly trade this, but the spread is 30 points, compared to 2 on the FTSE!?! which for me makes it untradeable really.

Whats the deal with this.

As with the FTSE 100, the spreads are derived from the underlying futures. It's not like you can trade the FTSE 250 with a 2 pip spread by buying a futures contract either - it's just how the contract is set up...

yup - you'd be lucky to get a 30 tick spread in the underlying future, every time I've looked at it there have just been a few random resting orders sticking around, although for all I know there's a market maker there now...

Hi Tar,

I'm don't know how the situation is, tax wise, in Jordan, but in UK you do not pay tax on spread bets, while you do in CFDs.
Aditionally, as a spreadbettor, your account is segregated, that is, your funds go to a separate bank account; as a CFD trader, you are accorded the status of a creditor (not even a preferential one!), and legally treated as such.
Now, IG is going to be traded on the main index (FTSE100) at the next reshuffle (or so they claim) so there is no risk of them going broke, I suppose, but my point is: it is not the same to spreadbet as to trade CFDs! Be careful about mixing your accounts up!
If you are new, then perhaps you should stick to spreadbets for a while, as anyone who trade CFDs is regarded as an intermediate investor, with all the legal repercussions that such status entails.
I mean: be careful!

Eduardo.

this was a while ago but i think cfd accounts goes under " investments " or am i wrong ?

Home - Consumer home page - Consumer key facts - Limitations of the scheme - Compensation limits

this was a while ago but i think cfd accounts goes under " investments " or am i wrong ?

Home - Consumer home page - Consumer key facts - Limitations of the scheme - Compensation limits

You don't understand; as a CFD client, you are in the "creditor" class, the same as if they bought something from you: it is money they owe you as a creditor, not as if they were a bank and your money a deposit.
That's why there is a disclaimer as "intermediate investor", if they go down, that's how you are treated, as a creditor, period.
Wether you'll get your money back, whole or in paret, will depend on the circumstances on which they go down; if there is no money, you'll get nothing!
Of course, if the FSA want to pay, that's another matter, but I don't think they do anything like that - pure talk and hot air, really.
Just in case - be careful, better to prevent than to regret.

Eduardo.:)

You don't understand; as a CFD client, you are in the "creditor" class, the same as if they bought something from you: it is money they owe you as a creditor, not as if they were a bank and your money a deposit.
That's why there is a disclaimer as "intermediate investor", if they go down, that's how you are treated, as a creditor, period.
Wether you'll get your money back, whole or in paret, will depend on the circumstances on which they go down; if there is no money, you'll get nothing!
Of course, if the FSA want to pay, that's another matter, but I don't think they do anything like that - pure talk and hot air, really.
Just in case - be careful, better to prevent than to regret.

check their defention for "Investment " :

Home - Consumer home page - Consumer key facts - Explanation of our terms

And here Home - Consumer home page - Consumer key facts - Limitations of the scheme - Compensation limits they say they Compensate Investments up to 48k pounds ...

Tar, a CFD is not an investment, but an arrangement between you and the broker; there is no such thing as a market for a CFD.
I'm telling you, be careful; I doubt very much that such a compensation scheme would apply to you with a CFD provider.

Eduardo. :)

Anyway i use both SB and CFD , and i can transfer funds between both accounts . What about SB , where is the protection in SB accounts ?

They say "Investment: a financial product in which money can be invested to earn interest or profit (although the value of investments can go down as well as up). "

I guess CFDs is considered as a financial product , maybe i will email IG .

Anyway i use both SB and CFD , and i can transfer funds between both accounts . What about SB , where is the protection in SB accounts ?

Your money is seggregated in a bank account, so if the firm goes bust, you get your money.
If the bank goes bust then yes, you are covered up to £50,000.

They say "Investment: a financial product in which money can be invested to earn interest or profit (although the value of investments can go down as well as up). "

I guess CFDs is considered as a financial product , maybe i will email IG .

I would strongly recommend that you did and find out what exactly is your situation in respect to this, yes.
By the way, SG offers a different form of CFDs which are traded in the LSE, check here:
SOCIETE GENERALE Corporate & Investment Banking - Contact Us
They are an entirely different animal, though, more like a futures contract in that they have a time limit; but they are listed in the Stock Exchange.