Best Thread Capital Spreads

Not exactly , current assets at CS 56 m pound but at IG 740 m pound
Yes correct, IG is a huge company. Anyone knows in which rate they grow on a yearly basis? I would be surprised if they have the same progress in percentage as LCG.

Yes correct, IG is a huge company. Anyone knows in which rate they grow on a yearly basis? I would be surprised if they have the same progress in percentage as LCG.
Maybe more , their revenue up 51% to 184 m pounds , it is easier to make this percentage if your turnover around 16 m pounds

Simon - Quick question if I may,

I notice that the SEC in their wisdom have invented some new rules regarding naked short selling on US markets. How will this effect firms like CS and other Spread Betting Firms?

I also read with interest that Mr Darling is "under pressure" to invent some similar rules here since a number of he tabloid papers have got it into their heads that this latest financial crisis is all because of those horid short sellers who pinch the working man's pension money right out from under his nose! How would this effect business?

Needless to say that this 'short selling' stuff is nonsense and will make no difference to the actual market itself - prices will still move up in good times and down in bad times but hey-ho.

Steve.

Does anyone else have a problem with freezing charts on Capital Spreads!

After about 5 mins, the buttons cease to work and the charts become practically useless. I'm constantly having to close and re open my charts!

Does anyone else have a problem with freezing charts on Capital Spreads!

After about 5 mins, the buttons cease to work and the charts become practically useless. I'm constantly having to close and re open my charts!

its crap. ive just changed to cmc miles better

also cityindex/finspreads/iii sucks as is similar.

Simon - Quick question if I may,

I notice that the SEC in their wisdom have invented some new rules regarding naked short selling on US markets. How will this effect firms like CS and other Spread Betting Firms?

I also read with interest that Mr Darling is "under pressure" to invent some similar rules here since a number of he tabloid papers have got it into their heads that this latest financial crisis is all because of those horid short sellers who pinch the working man's pension money right out from under his nose! How would this effect business?

Needless to say that this 'short selling' stuff is nonsense and will make no difference to the actual market itself - prices will still move up in good times and down in bad times but hey-ho.

Steve.

everything must go up only! :LOL: how can I trade cable when by buying Sterling I am effectively shorting the dollar and vica versa.. I'm so confused ..

OK - So Darling + Brown have done it - They've banned short selling in financial stocks. The FSA will apparently be issuing a list of relevant stocks in the morning (Fri 19th). The funniest thing ever was listening to Mr Brown trying to explain the matter on Sky News. What a berk! The reporter asked the PM why these new rules were being put in place and Mr Brown says that its to stop certian firms who trade 'off balance sheet'.... oh what utter tosh.... he then says that this is part of his crusade to 'clean up the industry'. How the hell is a short selling ban going to do that? I actually felt sorry for him - what a wally we call PM.

What if this is the thin end of the wedge? For now its just financial stocks - how long before all stocks? Where will this leave the SB firms? They'll be just fine in rising bull markets but have nothing to do in bear markets because no one will be able to place a trade.

Right..I'm off to find some spread betting stocks to short.... oh wait - I can't, they're a financial stock! Is IG Markets still listed?

Steve.

Capital Spreads is the worst SB company I have seen, there is no 24hr dealing, they are super quick to get you losses and super slow to give you your profets. You will have much better luck with CMC or IG.

Capital Spreads is the worst SB company I have seen, there is no 24hr dealing, they are super quick to get you losses and super slow to give you your profets. You will have much better luck with CMC or IG.

What rubbish you are spouting .. forex instruments are 24 hours ..
Many's the time the price has been 1 point from my stop and I have ended up in profit.. that tells me they are giving me a fair deal.
If you lose money you only have yourself to blame. it's a difficult game, not everyone can succeed.

short selling rules have obviously impacted spread betting firms to a certain extent but only from the reporting angle.

only 7pc of our bets are in single stock equities and clients are generally 9/1 long and have been in good times and bad.

the total number of financial stocks that have been restricted on our platform is only around 100 out of over 1000 so if you do the maths you can see that the restriction made 0.07*(1/9)*(1/10) difference to our trading revenues. Or less than 0.1pc!

I happen to agree with most of the comment made on this thread concerning shorting (but then i would wouldn't I)

simon

only 7pc of our bets are in single stock equities and clients are generally 9/1 long and have been in good times and bad.

simon

Thats interesting - especially as it comes from a man who should know what he's talking about. Could this have anything to do with the supposed fact that 95% of punters are losers? (ie are they playing with the more sophisticated instruments that they don't fully understand?)

And why the preponderance of longs - is this because, like property, prices only ever go up ?:LOL:

Luck!

Are you gambling or trading?

the vast majority of our clients trade in the indices, currencies and gold and oil. Hardly sophisticated instruments! They either go up or ... they go down... 50/50.

not sure why longs are always prevelant (especially as one of the whole points of spread betting is the ease with which you can bet on the down side as easily as the up) I think that it is probably psycological people feel more comfortable receiving dividend yield than paying it out and (of course) prices do usually rally more than they fall over a complete business cycle.

we do a considerable amount of client trading analysis, in fact we asked a cambridge quant professor plus his post grad team to try to come up with a predictive 'black box' based upon the actions of our clients. The result was complete random noise with no disernable trend at all.

If you like 'chaos theory' in its purest form!

we make no bones about the fact that just under 80pc of our clients lose (in fact I lead on this at our seminars). This is not strange. slightly worse numbers lose when private clients trade using Direct Access on the various futures exchanges. (as per a report from the CME a few years ago).

simon