Best Thread Capital Spreads

ros

we are testing a new pricing model on our UAT. once we are clear that there are no problems (not the case just yet unfortunately) we will be looking at a variety of our prices.

cheers

Simon

ros

we are testing a new pricing model on our UAT. once we are clear that there are no problems (not the case just yet unfortunately) we will be looking at a variety of our prices.

cheers

Simon
Sounds promising Simon, but please don't change the execution model, probably the best in the industry.

I opened a demo acct before Christmas, wanted to try a spread betting platform and liked the 1 pip spread on the eur/usd. The problem I found was the order ticket seldom if ever worked on the first click when exiting a trade. I tried it again today hoping it would work better but found it was worse, I made a few trades and it never filled on the first click, had to always press the back button, on exit on a couple occasions more then once, very frustrating even though it was only a demo acct. The result was a greater loss. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be with a real account.

Someone that has used both the demo and has a real account did you find that the real account worked better, or was it the same as when you used the demo, whether good or bad?

Thanks
The live account works perfect, I have never experienced the problem you mention. If any problem Simon will inform us of any technical problems, I am quite impressed that he is still around answering our questions.

gle

how do u define our execution model as being 'the best'

i thought that it was pretty much the same as all the others

Simon

I opened a demo acct before Christmas, wanted to try a spread betting platform and liked the 1 pip spread on the eur/usd. The problem I found was the order ticket seldom if ever worked on the first click when exiting a trade. I tried it again today hoping it would work better but found it was worse, I made a few trades and it never filled on the first click, had to always press the back button, on exit on a couple occasions more then once, very frustrating even though it was only a demo acct. The result was a greater loss. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be with a real account.

Someone that has used both the demo and has a real account did you find that the real account worked better, or was it the same as when you used the demo, whether good or bad?

Thanks

I had this problem about 3 years ago on a real account. Looks like nothing's changed.

outa my gourd

a trailing stop of 1 is virtually worthless as it would stop you out almost immediately. Just a 1 pip reversal would close the position, that kind of micro management is probably better handled manualy.

it would guarantee that you never got on the back of a good move in your favour as even the best moves have the odd down print.

just my opinion of course

Simon

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Simon - it is appreciated.

Just to clarify, as we appear to have crossed wires - I'm not looking for a stop of 1pt. As you say, that would be worthless. What I had in mind was setting a stop of, say, 20pts and locking in each point as it is gained.

I've had some time to get used to the trailing stop on the simulator and it seems to be working well, with only minor tweaking required instead of the frantic manual adjustments I've grown used to, so thank you and well done for that :)

outa my gourd

ooopps sorry ... as soon as i started to read your response i thought "you idiot simon". unfortunately the sheer wieght of information required to monitor and record to the order engine back office for each and every pip move on thousands of markets (which would be required even if there were no active placed trailing orders ) is currently beyond our systems

no doubt at some point in the future with increased processing power this will become standard

Simon

I had this problem about 3 years ago on a real account. Looks like nothing's changed.
Three years ago, quite a long time I must say, and 4ex is referring to a demo account, probably only some temporary technical issue. All platform have technical problems now and then, whether you are trading with SB or Futures brokers, it is just part of the game I guess.

4ex

best to ring our tech guys/customer support. as i say if this was a normal event this thread would be full of it

simon

Three years ago, quite a long time I must say, and 4ex is referring to a demo account, probably only some temporary technical issue. All platform have technical problems now and then, whether you are trading with SB or Futures brokers, it is just part of the game I guess.

Do you work for them or something? Just it seems like you've stuck around here for a very long time defending them.

Do you work for them or something? Just it seems like you've stuck around here for a very long time defending them.
I was waiting for this one.:)
Working for them, absolutely not, but when I read comments that someone is just out to discredit a SB just for the fun of it I feel inclined to answer. Defending them you say, there are posts where I have been very tough in my criticism towards CS, and Simon in particular. In the past two years though, they have improved their service and I see nothing wrong giving them credit for it. Have a look at my posts on other threads, I give positive credit when there is reason for it, but I can also be quite harsh in my comments about a particular SB, that in my viewpoint doesn't live up to SB basic standards.

i must say it has been nice to have gle101 saying nice things about us recently . I, also, can remember when he was not quite so kind.

maybe that "brown envelope" did the trick

Simon

Prob with the demo accounts today? Trades are not showing in open positions? but im getting conformation e-mails

FFear
response

Hi Simon,

Apparently so. It was initially reported to us at 10.40am and escalated to IT. We followed up at 1pm and it again just now. It is being treated as a P1 - .

Probably a case of resetting the Trade or Client Data Server, but we need IT to confirm the root cause before we take remedial action.

simon