Best Thread Capital Spreads

gle

how do u define our execution model as being 'the best'

i thought that it was pretty much the same as all the others

Simon
Sorry Simon, I missed this one. Here you go.:)
First notice I said probably the best. You have got a very quick execution, one get the price clicked on in the trading window. I have not gotten a single slippage on market orders this past year. The same goes for the stop loss orders, surprising accuracy. Not many trade rejections despite a volatile market. Do you want more, ha ha.
Some of the other SB's are using a different execution model, meaning you can get slippage, but you can also get a positive slippage. One is not in total control of the outcome of a trade using this model, being market makers that we SB traders are dealing with. Both execution models is OK but I prefer yours as money management can be calculated with preciseness. I don't know if other traders agree, but this is my experience trading with CS this past year. If I get bad experience trading with you I would definitely not hold back reporting it on this thread (like I have done in the past).

When are you going to send me that bottle of wine?:)

I posted about a week back about problems with the demo order ticket, tried it again today and the results where no better, 7 out of 8 times it said it expired, funny considering the price is updating live.

I liked the 1 pip spread on the eur/usd but it really isn't a 1 pip spread if you can't get a fill, more like 3 or 4.

Disappointing, hard to have confidence in opening a real account when the demo doesn't even give you proper fills.

Looking for a system that has a good execution. Worldspreads? looks like they have a 1 pip spread.

I posted about a week back about problems with the demo order ticket, tried it again today and the results where no better, 7 out of 8 times it said it expired, funny considering the price is updating live.

I liked the 1 pip spread on the eur/usd but it really isn't a 1 pip spread if you can't get a fill, more like 3 or 4.

Disappointing, hard to have confidence in opening a real account when the demo doesn't even give you proper fills.

Looking for a system that has a good execution. Worldspreads? looks like they have a 1 pip spread.
I just tried my demo account with CS, 10 trades in a row EUR/USD, all trades were executed instantly, the same thing when I closed the trades. I am trading from Sweden. Have a go from another computer if that is possible, just to to see if you get the same problem. If you do, try a few trades from a friends computer on another broadband connection. It might be a local computer problem, e.g firewall and such.

I just tried my demo account with CS, 10 trades in a row EUR/USD, all trades were executed instantly, the same thing when I closed the trades. I am trading from Sweden. Have a go from another computer if that is possible, just to to see if you get the same problem. If you do, try a few trades from a friends computer on another broadband connection. It might be a local computer problem, e.g firewall and such.

I just finished doing 8 on MT4 Exness all without a hitch. So I don't see having a internet connection problem as I have used various other accounts to.

I'm in Canada so perhaps it may not work here, though don't see why that would matter as I have tested other accounts not located in North America.

I just finished doing 8 on MT4 Exness all without a hitch. So I don't see having a internet connection problem as I have used various other accounts to.

I'm in Canada so perhaps it may not work here, though don't see why that would matter as I have tested other accounts not located in North America.
Yes it should work from Canada. Some of the SB block traffic from the US, but as I understand Spread Betting and CFD's is legal to trade in Canada. Still, I would call a friend in order to rule out a local problem. I would'nt be surprise if it works OK from his/hers computer.

Capital Spreads appears to use Adobe Flash, so it might be a good idea to verify that you have the latest version from Adobe. You will get problems on CS and others that use flash if using an old version.

4ex

i am at a loss . did you ring our support to find out the probs? i travel all over the world and make a point of checking the trade execution from wherever i am on the planet and (hand on heart) have absolutely no probs at all. Even on the android/iphone connections in China and the Australian Outback.

Simon

Oanda, you won't regret it. The sooner you stop messing about here the better. Alternatively try IG but it hasn't got demo as far as I know.

4ex

i am at a loss . did you ring our support to find out the probs? i travel all over the world and make a point of checking the trade execution from wherever i am on the planet and (hand on heart) have absolutely no probs at all. Even on the android/iphone connections in China and the Australian Outback.

Simon

No haven't contacted your support. I did turn off my AVG just in case it was part of the problem but when i tried it today was the same problem. Keep getting the message that it had expired, I could understand if the price was not updating on the trade ticket. Seems to work always on the second or third try, but takes a few seconds to load again, which is way to long. And I'm not on a slow connection I have cable internet use Oanda which seems to have a similar ticket window as yours and it works every click.

Oanda, you won't regret it. The sooner you stop messing about here the better. Alternatively try IG but it hasn't got demo as far as I know.

Funny you say Oanda, I do have it and works great, without a hitch, I don't recall a miss in a long time.

I was just interested in looking into spread betting that is why I was trying out the platform. Perhaps I should look at IG, execution is of extreme importance. I don't even care if they have charts.

Funny you say Oanda, I do have it and works great, without a hitch, I don't recall a miss in a long time.

I was just interested in looking into spread betting that is why I was trying out the platform. Perhaps I should look at IG, execution is of extreme importance. I don't even care if they have charts.
Oanda and SB are two different things. CS SB on FX is fixed spread (1 point, 24 hours) Oanda on the other hand variable spread. SB is tax free (hopefully so in Canada) while Oanda is not.

I wonder if you are interested solving you problem with CS, if there is a problem in the first place, I am starting to have my doubts as you seem not too eager to solve it.

IG works well for execution, I don't see any complaints about it here. No demo though but you can use oanda for that.

I wonder if you are interested solving you problem with CS, if there is a problem in the first place, I am starting to have my doubts as you seem not too eager to solve it.

Why should he stick around to try and solve the problem? If you go to a restaurant and the food's **** you don't ask to speak to the manager and owners giving them a free consultation on how they can improve things. You get up and leave.

It's his time and if he can get better service elsewhere without having to go through all the back and forth trying to make something better then why not skip the process?

IG works well for execution, I don't see any complaints about it here. No demo though but you can use oanda for that.

Why should he stick around to try and solve the problem? If you go to a restaurant and the food's **** you don't ask to speak to the manager and owners giving them a free consultation on how they can improve things. You get up and leave.

It's his time and if he can get better service elsewhere without having to go through all the back and forth trying to make something better then why not skip the process?
I don't agree, first of all you have to identify the problem, not blaming the SB the first thing you do. This is what trading is all about, taking responsibility of your trading environment. As traders we are faced with a variety of problems that need to be addressed, to start running in every direction is not a good way to start your first trading experience with Spread Betting. I like to clarify, that I am in favor of trading with several good SB companies, take the best from each and for security reason having hedging possibilities.

Last edited:
Well when an SB firm has close to a 900 page thread I think it'd be fair to assume the problem's not isolated to you. We're talking about execution here, it's not "running in every direction" to move to a company which is reliable. I call it sensible.

Well when an SB firm has close to a 900 page thread I think it'd be fair to assume the problem's not isolated to you. We're talking about execution here, it's not "running in every direction" to move to a company which is reliable. I call it sensible.
I haven't found this to be a "real" problem. You have yourself said you experienced this 3 years ago (quite a long time if you ask me). No one, except 4ex have reported this to be an issue. I am not out here to defend CS in any way, no need to, they do a pretty good job of it themselves judging by the lack of complains lately.

Last edited:

If I had no interest in solving this problem why would I have posted in the first place???? As I said in my first post I was looking at spread betting and noticed they had a 1 pip spread on the eur/used and that is why I was interested.

If there is a problem in the first place? I'm looking for a platform the executes fast so then yes there is a problem, if slow execution is not a problem, perhaps not if your a long term trader.

Doubts about what? How do you measure how eager I am to solve it from a couple posts? I have checked, I have the latest java and flash, i have cable internet and no problem with other software, MT4, Oanda, I'm not a computer expert so I don't know what else to look at.

You seem to be a expert, what could the problem be?

maquarade

you obviously dont like us (fair enough) but you seem to be making comments without actually any evidence or personal experience. Your input seems to be 'spread betting' ...scum.. I might point out that the FX company that you mention operates pretty much exactly the same model as us (except their spreads are slightly wider!)

as i have mentioned (several times) the problem mentioned is not one encountered by any other clients (and is on the demo account in any case). and the reason I am here is that without some contact with clients it is rather difficult to engage.

The reason that there are 900 pages to this thread is because I have been here for eight years answering questions, listening to requests, solving problem etc etc on an open forum that is available to all. And yes there have been the occassional ranters and ravers (of course) but we cannot please everyone all the time. At least our clients actually have this open route.

Simon

Thanks for spelling my name wrong.

1) I have personal experience with capital spreads. I have an account (it's been inactive for a few years.) I had bad experiences with capital spreads not filling me and filling me in their favour so I took my business elsewhere to an honest provider who isn't ridden with an unreliable service.

2) I don't believe IG are "scum" and they are spread betting so your argument is incorrect. I do however believe your company has questionable practices and if I can point someone in the direction of a company that is reliable I will do so and spare them the hassle and numerous "trade rejected" screens and disconnects I saw using your shoddy operation.

3) If the "FX company" is Oanda, i'm aware why their spreads are wider and that's because they reflect market liquidity and actually i've been quoted a spread of 0.9 on Oanda in the last 24hrs so that's not 100% accurate either. They're currently offering a spread of 1.2 and i'm happy to pay the extra 0.2 knowing that where I click i'll be filled and I won't get disconnected or have any tricks played against me.

4) After using your service I understand why there's so many problems and pages. But my question to you is: why doesn't CMC/IG/Oanda/Alpari or anyone else offering people the ability to trade have a thread on T2W like yours?

If I can spare someone the trouble and they bypass your service for a quality provier I will do so. Saying that, that's all there is for me to say on it and they can make their mind up from what i've said and the other 900 pages here.

If I had no interest in solving this problem why would I have posted in the first place???? As I said in my first post I was looking at spread betting and noticed they had a 1 pip spread on the eur/used and that is why I was interested.

If there is a problem in the first place? I'm looking for a platform the executes fast so then yes there is a problem, if slow execution is not a problem, perhaps not if your a long term trader.

Doubts about what? How do you measure how eager I am to solve it from a couple posts? I have checked, I have the latest java and flash, i have cable internet and no problem with other software, MT4, Oanda, I'm not a computer expert so I don't know what else to look at.

You seem to be a expert, what could the problem be?
You seem to be the only one with this problem. Why isn't there any more post like yours expressing the problem you have? So we have to assume that the problem is on your side and start with your computer. What is the OS you're using? Do you have a firewall turned on? Turn it off, test it. The same thing goes with Anti Virus protection. After testing turn them on again. I get it you have tried different browsers? If not do so. CS has one of the fastest execution around and you have Simon trying to help out and that can not be taken for granted when it comes to SB companies or any broker for that matter.

Thanks for spelling my name wrong.

1) I have personal experience with capital spreads. I have an account (it's been inactive for a few years.) I had bad experiences with capital spreads not filling me and filling me in their favour so I took my business elsewhere to an honest provider who isn't ridden with an unreliable service.

2) I don't believe IG are "scum" and they are spread betting so your argument is incorrect. I do however believe your company has questionable practices and if I can point someone in the direction of a company that is reliable I will do so and spare them the hassle and numerous "trade rejected" screens and disconnects I saw using your shoddy operation.

3) If the "FX company" is Oanda, i'm aware why their spreads are wider and that's because they reflect market liquidity and actually i've been quoted a spread of 0.9 on Oanda in the last 24hrs so that's not 100% accurate either. They're currently offering a spread of 1.2 and i'm happy to pay the extra 0.2 knowing that where I click i'll be filled and I won't get disconnected or have any tricks played against me.

4) After using your service I understand why there's so many problems and pages. But my question to you is: why doesn't CMC/IG/Oanda/Alpari or anyone else offering people the ability to trade have a thread on T2W like yours?

If I can spare someone the trouble and they bypass your service for a quality provier I will do so. Saying that, that's all there is for me to say on it and they can make their mind up from what i've said and the other 900 pages here.
You are only after one thing, and that is driving you own agenda. Present facts if you have any present issues to complain about. Grudging over things that has happened a couple of years back will not do you any good.