Best Thread Capital Spreads

I use sb chart mainly for convenience as everything fit in one single screen is easier to manage. I am not so lucky, I tried so many times in crediting my account without success; it really was very frustrating and annoying.
Had some problem myself with the online card payment, it went though after a couple of trials though.

Sorry, but I can not understand why some SB traders solely depend on the SB own charting package only.

shortsell

sry cannot really say as we just had a chat with the company concerned. long time ago (years) back in the early days

card payment problems are a serious issue and I will check with customer services to see if there is a problem with our data processing card portall.

simon

Another platform issue to look into. The "tear away" for the dealer ticket is not working properly, it seems to be a delay resulting you get a "price no longer valid" message. So I stoped using it, then it was okey.

I am looking forward to an answer about the Dow.:)

have spoken to customer services and they were unaware of any card issues (except for a problem yesterday with one of our White Label partners). Can you give me a bit more info so that they can investigate.

I must admit that i find complaints about the new charts to be almost incomprehensible as they are far more robust a functionality rich that the old ones. I just have to assume that clients had gotten used to the old ones and 'tried and tested' often beats 'new and improved'

cheers

simon

have spoken to customer services and they were unaware of any card issues (except for a problem yesterday with one of our White Label partners). Can you give me a bit more info so that they can investigate.

I must admit that i find complaints about the new charts to be almost incomprehensible as they are far more robust a functionality rich that the old ones. I just have to assume that clients had gotten used to the old ones and 'tried and tested' often beats 'new and improved'

cheers

simon

Is it prt you're using Simon?

black swan

??? forgive me what does prt mean?

gle

checked tear off ...working fine. If you are open for a very long time without doing something (i.e go out for lunch or leave it open overnight) then the platform does tend to log out of content and function links (but leaves the normal in screen stuff operational [prices, trade tickets etc]). But when i say 'a long time' I mean a long time. This means that when you next use a function it might not work and you have to re-log in. But non-torn off trade tickets will still work etc.

dow 1 point is not actually on the cards at the moment. Below a certain level price spread offers risk becoming loss leaders which Capital Spreads have never got involved with. But...We do have a new price engine going in over the next month which (if it improves speeds as we hope) may enable narrower spreads

Simon

black swan

??? forgive me what does prt mean?

gle

checked tear off ...working fine. If you are open for a very long time without doing something (i.e go out for lunch or leave it open overnight) then the platform does tend to log out of content and function links (but leaves the normal in screen stuff operational [prices, trade tickets etc]). But when i say 'a long time' I mean a long time. This means that when you next use a function it might not work and you have to re-log in. But non-torn off trade tickets will still work etc.

dow 1 point is not actually on the cards at the moment. Below a certain level price spread offers risk becoming loss leaders which Capital Spreads have never got involved with. But...We do have a new price engine going in over the next month which (if it improves speeds as we hope) may enable narrower spreads

Simon
No I had it open a very short time, had problem immediately. I have a lot of thing running on my computer, could be a local problem really. I can do without it, not really an issue for me, I just thought I inform you.

Ok, sounds good, I read it as not being totally out of the question, don't let the other boys run ahead too far.:)

no we use a company who designed the charts for us. New guys on the block called Sensatus (Time to Trade) but doing very well i understand.

Simon

Hi Simon,
There are things I would like changed on the charts.

1. I like having several charts open at the same time which means space is crucial. When I open a chart currently, there is so much white space on the right and I have to mess around to try and get as much space as possible. If the default could eliminate the white space, it would be nice.

2. Again when I open the charts, I feel the candlesticks are too bunched up. It would be nice if the default setting is made like with the IT charts.

3. It would be nice if the charts load up again upon logging on.

4. I don't make use of that zooming thing at the bottom. I think it is unnecessary. I would like to be able to remove it.

I have not been using the charts for these reasons. Please could you tell me if there have been problems still or the chart integration is satisfactory now?

twinj...Dont be such a tight a**e and get another screen in answer to your Question1. I'm sure CS have much better things to do and improve than make charts a little bit smaller for one customer who won't just get a new screen..

I never said smaller. I don't know if you are using their charts but when you open one, the candlesticks begin so far away from the right border that about a quarter of the default window is white. So I am just asking the candlesticks to start closer to the right border.

twinj

i am not sure what settings you have put in so it difficult to comment but with the normal default 10min/1day the chart has 3hours of clear space to the RHS and 24hours of data to the LHS so under 1/8 is 'white' this is so clients can draw lines with at least a bit of 'future' space without having to widen the scroll bar.

the 'mountain' view at the bottom is an easy way of scrolling back over time/widening/narrowing the view and viewing history without having to double click or bring up 'range boxes'. I have to say that it is quite popular.

But i will ask if we can 'remove the mountain' if the client wishes

simon

Hi Simon,
You mentioned a while back a survey that indicated less trades taken over bigger time frames have a higher probability of success, was that free to air info. or from investment trends etc? Either way could you either put up a link or copypaste the details again? Tia..

Thank you for your response Simon. Perhaps I should not have said make it default since others may want something else. If I can adjust the settings so that when I open a chart, I do not see the white space on the right,

The mountain view I can live with but adjusting the white space for each chart would just take too long. Thanks for listening.

black swan

it is one of those peices of info that is slightly misleading (like most statistics)

the fact is that the clients who trade equities (single stocks) tend to trade very infrequently and use lower gearing to make their trades. This means that (in general) they are more likely to hold on through the tough times and also (due to the lower gearing) lose less. this skews the overall data

we have also noticed that those clients who are forever hopping in and out (not scalping clients just those who always want to 'have something on') tend to take profits quickly but sit on losses hoping for it to come back. (generally in FX markets)

It is a truism that those who are considered about their trading are (in general) more likely to make money than those who just leap in. But over everything the one vital thing that defines a good trader is one who has already worked out his loss price when the new position is entered (and sticks to it)... the profits will take care of themselves.

To be honest i have never been able to stick to this myself though

Simon

Last edited:
black swan
it is one of those peices of info that is slightly misleading (like most statistics)

the fact is that the clients who trade equities (single stocks) tend to trade very infrequently and use lower gearing to make their trades. This means that (in general) they are more likely to hold on through the tough times and also (due to the lower gearing) lose less. this skews the overall data

we have also noticed that those clients who are forever hopping in and out (not scalping clients just those who always want to 'have something on') tend to take profits quickly but sit on losses hoping for it to come back. (generally in FX markets)

It is a truism that those who are considered about their trading are (in general) more likely to make money than those who just leap in. But over everything the one vital thing that defines a good trader is one who has already worked out his loss price when the new position is entered (and sticks to it)... the profits will take care of themselves.

To be honest i have never been able to stick to this myself though

Simon

Hi Simon, good points, you actually posted up a bit of research to support it, can you recall where you got it? Can't for the life of me find it by Googling..

Hi simon, these thing may have been mentioned prior to this post. I did have a browse but unfortunately don't have the time to read the entire thread...
I'm having some issues with backtesting... When i manually check the results that it gives me, some of the trades are not triggering their limits or stops and so the results from the testing becomes unreliable. I have flagged it with the support people but they seem to be going off on tangents and i haven't had a solution yet. I just wondered if anyone else had flagged it up.

Simon

On the aye phone app the red is quite hard to read against a blue background.

The new charts are a big improvement.