Best Thread Capital Spreads

He could be on referral to a dealer, that could take some extra time. He could switch computer with his friend to se if the problem still persist. Better still, try trading from another computer with a different IP address.

He tried this

you're right. i'll take my opinions and different perspective elsewhere.
You seem to be a sensitive guy gooseman. You are of course entitled to your opinion, and your posts are appreciated, what ever the market you are trading. I just want to have a two way interesting discussion about a subject that concerns us.

He tried this
If he tried this with the same result he is probably on dealer acceptance. What confuses me, is the length of the delay in execution, apparently about the same length of time on each trade. Meaning there have to be a delay parameter in place as well. Maybe he could elaborate on the problem, and if the problem still persist.

If he tried this with the same result he is probably on dealer acceptance. What confuses me, is the length of the delay in execution, apparently about the same length of time on each trade. Meaning there have to be a delay parameter in place as well. Maybe he could elaborate on the problem, and if the problem still persist.
It is not the same time , he said up to 30-60 seconds

Changes in T&C , section 2 :

" 2. Client Money

2.1 Any money received by LCG from you or which is transferred to or held by us on your behalf shall be treated as "Client Money" in accordance with the FSA Client Money Rules and therefore your money will be segregated from our money and, in the event of our insolvency, it will be excluded from our assets.

2.2 Your money will be deposited into a client money bank account opened at an approved bank and may then be transferred to:
a qualifying money market fund (subjected to any FSA regulatory permissions that we may require), unless you otherwise notify us in writing that you do not wish to have your monies held in such a fund; or
the control of a third party, such as an exchange, a clearing house or intermediate broker for the purposes of a transaction for you through or with that person or to meet your obligations in relation to a transaction (e.g. an initial margin requirement).

2.3 Your money may be held in an approved bank or with a third party outside the United Kingdom where the legal and regulatory regime applying to such bank or third party will be different from that of the United Kingdom and in the event of an insolvency or equivalent failure of that bank or third party, your money may not be as effectively protected as if your money were held in the United Kingdom. We will not be liable for the solvency, acts or omissions of any bank or other third party holding such money.

2.4 If, however, your money is held within the European Economic Area, a proportion of your money may qualify for compensation arrangements in that jurisdiction;

2.5 We do not pay any interest to clients on any Client Monies held by us.

2.6 You agree that we may cease to treat your money as Client Money if there has been no movement on your account for a period of at least six years (notwithstanding any payments or receipts of charges, interest or similar items) and only in the event that we have been unable to contact you having taken reasonable steps to do so. We shall make and retain records of all such balances released and undertake to make good any future valid claims against any released balances. "

Last edited:
Evening guys,

Sorry to go a little off topic from all the scalping, latency stuff and sorry if this has been covered before.
I just logged into my Capital Spreads account for the first time in ages and it just killed my whole machine, everything just froze. I couldnt use anything again until I shut the browser it was running in. Has anyone else had this and if so know if there is a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

Evening guys,

Sorry to go a little off topic from all the scalping, latency stuff and sorry if this has been covered before.
I just logged into my Capital Spreads account for the first time in ages and it just killed my whole machine, everything just froze. I couldnt use anything again until I shut the browser it was running in. Has anyone else had this and if so know if there is a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

It didnt kill my machine but it makes my CPU works more , we discussed this b4 , try opera or google chrome instead of IE ...

Thanks tar, not sure if my internet police at work will let me change browsers, dont really want to ask either. Might give them a call and see if they know a way around it.

Thanks tar, not sure if my internet police at work will let me change browsers, dont really want to ask either. Might give them a call and see if they know a way around it.
Even with other browsers my CPU still experiencing more load than usual ...

gooseman - if you trade on the real market good for you. This is a spread betting thread about a SB firm. Why are you on here making excuses for them!? Get off your high horse mate. I am using a service, I expect it to work as it should work. Yes sometimes things break down -fair goes. However, when it happens so much - it becomes suspect to me. Unless you work at Caps and are able to give me an explanation or this has happened to you, telling me to not use them or that what is happening is okay - is not exactly constructive.

As for whoever said I was making it up - why would I bother coming on here, to make stuff up. I am coming on here to get answers from Simon. Simple really. As I said I have tried using different computers etc but generally the delays only kick in after a few successful trades. The delays last from anything up to 60 seconds but on average 30-60 seconds.

" 2. Client Money

2.1 Any money received by LCG from you or which is transferred to or held by us on your behalf shall be treated as "Client Money" in accordance with the FSA Client Money Rules and therefore your money will be segregated from our money and, in the event of our insolvency, it will be excluded from our assets.

2.2 Your money will be deposited into a client money bank account opened at an approved bank and may then be transferred to:
a qualifying money market fund (subjected to any FSA regulatory permissions that we may require), unless you otherwise notify us in writing that you do not wish to have your monies held in such a fund; or
the control of a third party, such as an exchange, a clearing house or intermediate broker for the purposes of a transaction for you through or with that person or to meet your obligations in relation to a transaction (e.g. an initial margin requirement).

2.3 Your money may be held in an approved bank or with a third party outside the United Kingdom where the legal and regulatory regime applying to such bank or third party will be different from that of the United Kingdom and in the event of an insolvency or equivalent failure of that bank or third party, your money may not be as effectively protected as if your money were held in the United Kingdom. We will not be liable for the solvency, acts or omissions of any bank or other third party holding such money.

2.4 If, however, your money is held within the European Economic Area, a proportion of your money may qualify for compensation arrangements in that jurisdiction;

2.6 You agree that we may cease to treat your money as Client Money if there has been no movement on your account for a period of at least six years (notwithstanding any payments or receipts of charges, interest or similar items) and only in the event that we have been unable to contact you having taken reasonable steps to do so. We shall make and retain records of all such balances released and undertake to make good any future valid claims against any released balances. "

I found something similar on IG's agreement as well but they said a bank outside the EEA they didnt say " third party " ...

I don't use CS any more but I would say this is a warning light. So when you hear of bank xyz going into administration in another country your money just might be there:cheesy: I'd say look into their company report to find out who their liquidity providers are

" 2. Client Money

I don't use CS any more but I would say this is a warning light. So when you hear of bank xyz going into administration in another country your money just might be there:cheesy: I'd say look into their company report to find out who their liquidity providers are
No SB clients funds are fully secured, it all depends on a country specific financial insurance system for the banks. It is not good not to know where the money is kept, and thus not knowing how much is covered in case of a bank failure. However, for the most part of us this doesn't make any difference, but for a few with really big accounts, it is smart to look into the matter of restricting how much the money should be kept at a single account.

I Have to look into the matter, if the SB must specify upon request, which country and bank the segregated account is kept. The MIFID probably have something about this issue in their financial directives.

No SB clients funds are fully secured, it all depends on a country specific financial insurance system for the banks. It is not good not to know where the money is kept, and thus not knowing how much is covered in case of a bank failure. However, for the most part of us this doesn't make any difference, but for a few with really big accounts, it is smart to look into the matter of restricting how much the money should be kept at a single account.

I Have to look into the matter, if the SB must specify upon request, which country and bank the segregated account is kept. The MIFID probably have something about this issue in their financial directives.
Ofcourse no one should keep big amounts in one firm , look what they said "Your money may be held in an approved bank or with a third party outside the United Kingdom" , third party !

"... your money may not be as effectively protected as if your money were held in the United Kingdom. We will not be liable for the solvency, acts or omissions of any bank or other third party holding such money. "

I found something similar on IG's agreement as well but they said a bank outside the EEA they didnt say " third party " ...
they said bank outside the EEA then at the end they mentioned ( third party ) : "(2) We may hold client money in a client bank account located outside the EEA. The
legal and regulatory regime applying to any such bank will be different from that
of the EEA and in the event of the insolvency or any other equivalent failure of that
bank, your money may be treated differently from the treatment which would apply
if the money was held with a bank in the EEA. We will not be liable for the solvency,
acts or omissions of any bank or other third party holding money under Terms 17(1)
or 17(2). "

they said bank outside the EEA then at the end they mentioned ( third party ) : "(2) We may hold client money in a client bank account located outside the EEA. The
legal and regulatory regime applying to any such bank will be different from that
of the EEA and in the event of the insolvency or any other equivalent failure of that
bank, your money may be treated differently from the treatment which would apply
if the money was held with a bank in the EEA. We will not be liable for the solvency,
acts or omissions of any bank or other third party holding money under Terms 17(1)
or 17(2). "
This kind of unclear description about how safe your money are, is definitely something to be cautious about. Keeping large sums of money in the account, with this kind of unclear conditions is not to be recommended.

This kind of unclear description about how safe your money are, is definitely something to be cautious about. Keeping large sums of money in the account, with this kind of unclear conditions is not to be recommended.

It's hardly confidence-inspiring to know that your funds might be propping up a hammock in the Cayman Islands. (PaddyPower - one of many CS white label clones - has just made the same announcement.)