Can you really make a living doing this?

ROFL ... Did you just try to advertise your brokering to me? Recommending a broker for me?

WHAT A SURPRISE><

I'm pretty sure you have other motives than helping Raj, so ssshshshshshhhhh You dont need to lie to me, its your job, do it.

I've done my homework now ForexReviewKing... I did as you asked and i found that in your 16 posts on these forums, you have mainly talked about 'Advanced Currency FX' in almost every post... Going through posts titled 'Managed forex accounts' and replying 'I HAVE A GREAT ONE...' '?' 'advanced currency Fx, i really recommend'

... I wonder why???

Extreme interest in helping people choose a managed forex account vendor?

And why would that be???

You ****ing Liar.

What are you actually on about.... How about you go and do your research and you tell me if acm do managed accounts..... Think the answer is no. Also tell me if acm is a good platform to learn on ... I think it is... I dont actually get idiots like you who think there better then everybody else be to be honest YOU KNOW SH*t .... Get a life

P.S... You are the type of guy that everybody thinks is a total goon.... You sit behind a computer all day and hand people out abuse to make your life seem a bit better. But the truth is you are a sad uneducated idiot. you feel comfortable about doing it because your behind a screen, fighting with a keyboard, now that really is sad. I bet your a 4 ft midget. If you haven't got anything constructive to say then dont speak

Yes you can make a living, but you will have to endure some blood sweat and tears along the way to become successful and consistent most probably.

P.S... You are the type of guy that everybody thinks is a total goon.... You sit behind a computer all day and hand people out abuse to make your life seem a bit better. But the truth is you are a sad uneducated idiot. you feel comfortable about doing it because your behind a screen, fighting with a keyboard, now that really is sad. I bet your a 4 ft midget. If you haven't got anything constructive to say then dont speak

Whats wrong with being a four foot midget? I see we have a racist among us.

Its ironic that you 'handed out abuse' while damning me for 'handing out abuse'

You sir are a hypocrite. And an awfully sensitive one.

P.s. Its almost as if you TRUELY BELIEVE you aren't advertising something............. Why are you so sensitive to me thinking you are advertising something when in every single post you have done you have recommended an account managing website, its logical to me that my conclusions are not irrational or idiotic....... Its unbelievably how sensitive you have become, going to the extent of claiming 4-foot midgets need to 'get a life'...

Its almost as if your lieing to yourself that your not an advertiser?

Is no-one going to back me up here?

P.s. No-one likes a ******** on these forums and yeah i may be a twat, but atleast i'm not a lieing ********, you can on the forums to advertise something; someone says your advertising and you cry your eyes out, as if you've been caught on a spy operation in Russia or a drug smuggling accident.

You've been caught, stop defending something you know isn't true.

The end (pwned)

Managed accounts are still a good way to get the benefits the markets can bring, but, the risk is less then you not knowing how to go about doing it. If your not fully confident leave it to the experts. (send me a private message and ill be glad to help)

Jack

CAUGHT RED ****ING HANDED.

Can't believe your even trying to defend your corner... Your the dumbass, not me, i'm the handsome (and might i say handsome) man behind the keyboard with the power to insult. You however are a lieing advertiser who seems to be completely failing.

I love winning!

Please can someone ban him so that i recieve a medal for my bravery and detective skills.

Thankyou

Hi, believe it or not, 3k is all thats left from 10k!!! thats how much i need help. When i go long on the ftse, it goes down so I add to the position after a 100 point minimum gap (going on the theory that the index can never go bust). Recently, it went down to 3400 and I was down a lot of money. Then it started going back up and money started coming back into the account so I started closing my longs thinking that i'd buy them back lower, but the index just kept on going up and up. This happens too many times to me. Thats why I need some concrete rules to trade by. I started trading both long and short at the same time, closing off individual deals against each other and that worked for a time. I just need the help of better traders, to be honest, I would prefer to trade myself rather than go thru a managed account, but I will look into it. Thanks

You really need to do some homework Raj, there are no easy answers in this game. Your strategy above is in effect "ars e backwards" - you add to losing positions and then when you start winning you start reducing them, no wonder you are down I'm afraid. You need to get some good books, read about strategies and trade your own plan once you have a clear understanding of what you are doing.

As for if it is possible to make money, well from personal experience yes it is, but it is hard work and takes some balls. I don't trade the index as much now as I have moved towards swing trading stocks and shares, but in 4 months I have increased my original trading account by 50% without taking undue risk. I have read about a dozen books, some useful, some less so. I developed a trading style that suited me (each book might give you a snippet of an idea, but you need to do the work yourself). I keep thorough records of my trading, P&L and cumulative profit, so if things start to go wrong I can review and adapt.

My one final bit of advice - if you come across any book/website/person offering you a sure fire way to make money - run a mile.

Hi

my first post on this site. I found this thread as I was looking for information on trading the FTSE. Very entertaining, but not a lot of info ;)
I have been paper trading for a while, with a modicum of success, but struggle when I start putting cash down. I understand that my problem is probably psychological, and I need to have more control over my emotions.
I feel I am getting better at it, and am nearly ready for another foray into real-play. I'll continue my search on this site in the meantime.

Wish me good fortune
Cheers,

K

The Golden Goose escaped.....again. Thread started well then got hijacked .
Just as things were getting interesting hhhmmmnn