Can you make constant profit investing in the forex market?

Matrixtrader1

Good day. My name is Gesnel Lucius and I'm a e-mini futures day trader. I've been trading the e-mini for 3 years and have recently implement my trading style onto the currency market.
My investment strategy is a technically approach to trading currency pairs that utilizes money management and systematic rules. I have developed a set of standard trading rules that are overlaid onto the currency market and then traded with strict descipline. Money management is an essential part in my trading. I never risk more than 1.5% of account value on all open positions. For every $1 risk, I look for a minimum of 3 times on return. Strategies include trend following and trend exaustion technic. I look for key entries with a profit target of 3 times my risk. My trading system triggers 10-15 trades a week on any given currency pairs. The decision as to whether a trading rule is indicating a trading signal involves some discretion, while the trading rules themselves are completely technical. I,m not a guru nor am I claiming any high returns,but I'm a trader with a trading plan. I ask that you give me an opportunity to show my crudentials. I'm a full-time trader and want to prove the currency market can be contain if you have a plan. I have a managed account set-up at Oanda. I invite you to watch me trade for as long as you want. Please click on the link to set-up a link onto my manager. https://fx2.oanda.com/ma/landingpad_signup_ma.shtml
?makey=BFEGAVVWHQcYRRYWDVBcSB4PRB5ESgoQCkQ. If you have any problem setting-up please email me. There is nothing like experiencing something for yourself. Again I'm not making any claims. I want to build relationship with people base on what they know about what I can do, not what I tell them I can do.

Attachments

• trade sample usd chf.gif
    trade sample usd chf.gif
    61.6 KB · Views: 794
Last edited:

Was that you in the utube video? Have you had a bad experience? Unfortunately this happens to a lot of people who goes to a two day seminar and think they can conquer the market. I don't know why you are showing this to me, but if it is to show me that most people lose money in the market, I agree. For example, if the gentlemen on utube took a calculated risk and new how much he was risking before he got in the trade, he would have protected his downside and felt diferent about the situation. Most people trade on emotion and he was a perfect example. I don't know what his account size was, but how do you let a single go down on you 25k unless your account size is 5mil. Traders need to realize that to trade the market successfully you need education, planning and descipline. Or you will lose your shirt.

Today's activity

30 pips loss today. I'm currently short EUR/USD @1.4800 with a 30pips stop loss.

Attachments

• trade sample eur jpy 10-12-09.gif
    trade sample eur jpy 10-12-09.gif
    72.2 KB · Views: 484
Got stop out on the EUR/USD 10pips profit. ZEW spilked up the market and I short at 1.4866. I have a bear bias on the EUR/USD. Double top reversal short

Attachments

• eur usd 10-13-09.png
    eur usd 10-13-09.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 848
Last edited:
Let me get this straight... Pls feel free to correct me, if I interpret anything wrong. Looking at your earlier posts.

You were short at 1.48 with a 30pip stop, no target specified. Then you managed to take 10pip profit on, pretty much, the low print of the two days. Subsequently, when it moved, you sold it at the highs of the day, no stop or target specified. You made the post describing these trades at 3PM, which, according to what I see, is long after the trades could have been done.

Let me get this straight... Pls feel free to correct me, if I interpret anything wrong. Looking at your earlier posts.

You were short at 1.48 with a 30pip stop, no target specified. Then you managed to take 10pip profit on, pretty much, the low print of the two days. Subsequently, when it moved, you sold it at the highs of the day, no stop or target specified. You made the post describing these trades at 3PM, which, according to what I see, is long after the trades could have been done.

First of all I don't know why the time is posted wrong. I'm in NY and the time is now 3:15 pm. I shorted EUR/USD since yesterday with a 60pips target. I got stopped out @ 5am this morning when the ZEW report came out. I short it again based on my trigger and got stopped out with a 36 pips profit. If you want, shot me you email and I will email you whent I get a trigger. Or except on the link.

Good post Martinghoul, i was just reading over this trying to work out what was going on.

Unless you are trading right next to me, they will be dalay in my post. The time seems to be diferent for some reason I can't explain. I'll do a better job at posting my target and stop loss.

Last edited:
Its all goo Matrix got respect for you taking the time to post what you're looking at. Will def keep an eye on it and I'm always keen to swap info.

First of all I don't know why the time is posted wrong. I'm in NY and the time is now 3:15 pm. I shorted EUR/USD since yesterday with a 60pips target. I got stopped out @ 5am this morning when the ZEW report came out. I short it again based on my trigger and got stopped out with a 36 pips profit. If you want, shot me you email and I will email you whent I get a trigger. Or except on the link.
Firstly, there's nothing wrong with the time. The forum is just using a different time zone (GMT vs EST).

Secondly, thank you for the offer, but I think I'll be just fine.

Finally, I am sorry, but I am extremely skeptical. You have given me no reason to believe that you actually traded the way you have. Moreover, some of your decisions don't make any logical sense whatsoever.

Just my Z$2c...

Firstly, there's nothing wrong with the time. The forum is just using a different time zone (GMT vs EST).

Secondly, thank you for the offer, but I think I'll be just fine.

Finally, I am sorry, but I am extremely skeptical. You have given me no reason to believe that you actually traded the way you have. Moreover, some of your decisions don't make any logical sense whatsoever.

Just my Z$2c...

What is it that you are skeptical about? Am I asking you for anything? What about my decisions don't make sense? What could I posibly give you for you to believe. True is no matter what I do, you will never believe me because 95% of traders are losing their money in the market. Instead of asking me what's my trading plan, RR, strategies or markerts, you attack my creditability. I don't need for you to believe me because we have no vested interest in each other. You said you are doing just fine so keep that way, but don't try discredit someone you know nothing about.

What is it that you are skeptical about? Am I asking you for anything? What about my decisions don't make sense? What could I posibly give you for you to believe. True is no matter what I do, you will never believe me because 95% of traders are losing their money in the market. Instead of asking me what's my trading plan, RR, strategies or markerts, you attack my creditability. I don't need for you to believe me because we have no vested interest in each other. You said you are doing just fine so keep that way, but don't try discredit someone you know nothing about.
Well, given that you have posted some of your trades here, I know more than 'nothing' about you.

Secondly, I am not attacking your personal credibility. I am simply suggesting that the claims you make of making money on your trades sound false. Please feel free to disagree.

Finally, I am perfectly willing to believe you (and it's not the methods anyone cares about, it's the actual trades), but so far I find it difficult.

same here

Good day. My name is Gesnel Lucius and I'm a e-mini futures day trader. I've been trading the e-mini for 3 years and have recently implement my trading style onto the currency market.
My investment strategy is a technically approach to trading currency pairs that utilizes money management and systematic rules. I have developed a set of standard trading rules that are overlaid onto the currency market and then traded with strict descipline. Money management is an essential part in my trading. I never risk more than 1.5% of account value on all open positions. For every $1 risk, I look for a minimum of 3 times on return. Strategies include trend following and trend exaustion technic. I look for key entries with a profit target of 3 times my risk. My trading system triggers 10-15 trades a week on any given currency pairs. The decision as to whether a trading rule is indicating a trading signal involves some discretion, while the trading rules themselves are completely technical. I,m not a guru nor am I claiming any high returns,but I'm a trader with a trading plan. I ask that you give me an opportunity to show my crudentials. I'm a full-time trader and want to prove the currency market can be contain if you have a plan. I have a managed account set-up at Oanda. I invite you to watch me trade for as long as you want. Please click on the link to set-up a link onto my manager. https://fx2.oanda.com/ma/landingpad_signup_ma.shtml
?makey=BFEGAVVWHQcYRRYWDVBcSB4PRB5ESgoQCkQ. If you have any problem setting-up please email me. There is nothing like experiencing something for yourself. Again I'm not making any claims. I want to build relationship with people base on what they know about what I can do, not what I tell them I can do.

I must say, i have the same question in mind. Can i make a constant profit from a forex trading? concerns on this matter seem to play in my mind, being a newbie in this trading community. i hope, somebody could really enlighten me of the possibilities of earning profit, not just merely earning, but constant earning, for that matter. How, is the best question.

Hi White4Burgundy,

I know im only a newbie on here but I have been home based trading for around 18 months or so now. I am a big believer that this can be produce a solid income for anyone as long as you are willing to work at it. You can 100% make consistent profits but like any business or trade it takes time to learn and to build. There’s a big misconception that you need to be some Big D*ck hot shot with mad knowledge in statistical analysis and a phd in maths to make a go of it and that’s just not true. There so much info available on the web (most of it is b*ll*cks) but there are some gems and after a while you can start seeing through the people who talk rubbish. Stick with it dude, accept the fact that you might lose a few (or a lot) but if you approach the task correctly there is no reason why you can’t make a good livinig from this it just might not happened over night.

Well, given that you have posted some of your trades here, I know more than 'nothing' about you.

Secondly, I am not attacking your personal credibility. I am simply suggesting that the claims you make of making money on your trades sound false. Please feel free to disagree.

Finally, I am perfectly willing to believe you (and it's not the methods anyone cares about, it's the actual trades), but so far I find it difficult.

As difficult as it might sound, I just look for channeling periods in the market and go short or long on reversal pattern on support and resistant areas. For example, I just entered this trade and its now 8:50 am. I shorted usd/jpy @ 89.71 with a 30 pips stop and a 67 pips target.

Attachments

• usd jpy 10-14-09.png
    usd jpy 10-14-09.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 341