Can you maintain success?

O'and the answer to the question is....yes.......People who can't do something themselves, like to make out that nobody can do it........it sort of disguises their inability.

LLp
B00l0ck5.......do you make this stuff up?

Lovely reply., you got any actual points or susbsance you want to add or you just having a bad day ?

I think you have totally missed the point.

If a profitable trader tells his system to someone else, do you that other person will make exatctly decisuons in the market and be profitable as well ?

A lot of it comes down to the trader and their ability to read the market. Not the actual system. There is no holy grail.

At what point did I say it can't be done ?

Last edited:
"There is no such things as a profitable system"

You, like most, judge and evaluate using your own ability or inability as a yard stick.

A system is only as consistent as the man that trades it. That was my point.

About judgement and how I go about it. I think Messi is a brilliant footballer! Cheers.

Last edited:
It is known as the "lemming effect". The problem with too many traders following the same strategy is that some savvy traders anticipate the trade and front-run it. Or they sell early, causing the trade to fail prematurely. Or the market structure changes and a strategy that previously worked well suddenly blows up. You may trade your system successfully for years but if it causes you to take on positions that mimic what many other traders are doing, the trade can become too overcrowded and fall apart. For example, until last summer, strategies based on going long momentum stocks like Apple and Netflix worked well for years, but the trade simply became too popular, and since then a lot of these stocks have dropped dramatically.
Why were people going long when the charts were telling them to short? The price was falling and so would momentum after a while. Trade as you see not as you feel. Any good strategy would adapt to what the price is doing, that's a given

The joys of T2W, it's like talking politics........round and round and round.....people judge from their own angle and experience....programmed.

So unless someone is a profitable trader, their not allowed an opinion? Is that your point?

Some of us have been chewed up and spat out by these markets on more then one occasion. we talk from experience. I've been profitable, I've also been a loser, its all part of the game....

Yet your judging mw by making an assumption on how I judge others, when really you know very little about me at all!?!?!?! Bit of a contradiction there my friend!

Last edited:
I certainly hope I am not wasting my time looking for a profitable system. Someone has probably already found one and are not publicising it.
The answer may lie with adaptive systems that can change the period length of the MA or regression line to stay in touch with changes.
Bayesian systems are another path which may be fruitful.

So unless someone is a profitable trader, their not allowed an opinion? Is that your point?

Some of us have been chewed up and spat out by these markets on more then one occasion. we talk from experience. I've been profitable, I've also been a loser, its all part of the game....

Yet your judging mw by making an assumption on how I judge others, when really you know very little about me at all!?!?!?! Bit of a contradiction there my friend!

You do what you like, i don't care.....the problem is in your own mind....like the chap above mentioned, "Adaptive systems".

Maintain success in trading is not easy task, loss still part in trading although actually not expected but still often occur, as human we can't control the market but here we only use our minds to analyze the trend market and trying to trade with new update analysis

The answer may lie with adaptive systems that can change the period length of the MA or regression line to stay in touch with changes

Hmm, never heard about them. How exactly do they work? Would be really gratefull for an example.

I certainly hope I am not wasting my time looking for a profitable system. Someone has probably already found one and are not publicising it.
The answer may lie with adaptive systems that can change the period length of the MA or regression line to stay in touch with changes.

ive only played with Kaufman a bit in the past ....got a programmer to do some work for me .......nothing serious on Adaptives yet in truth though ......perhaps one day may offer some interesting ideas

N

the profitable system is inside you Pat ..........most successful traders in truth keep it pretty simple re their strategies / systems and are just very very disciplined and focussed in what they do ....like machines in fact so they optimise the good trades and cull the bad ones .....day in day out ....24/7

N

Yes, find a system that is adaptive, as another poster mentioned. There are lots of possibilities for algorithmic trading if you have the math/programming background. I've been trading for the past 8 months using a statistical arbitrage algorithm that I wrote. I'm up over 32% in the last 8 months, trading only once per week.

Yes, find a system that is adaptive, as another poster mentioned. There are lots of possibilities for algorithmic trading if you have the math/programming background. I've been trading for the past 8 months using a statistical arbitrage algorithm that I wrote. I'm up over 32% in the last 8 months, trading only once per week.

What would you advise for those without such background? Where to seek sufficient knowledge?

Seems it's very complicated for trader that have no background math or programming , maybe trader in forex business also come from different background and not all them have special education on math and programming, simple trade in forex is only use stop loss and target profit, this not required math and programmiong background but might result also will different compared with them that has good background

Seems it's very complicated for trader that have no background math or programming , maybe trader in forex business also come from different background and not all them have special education on math and programming, simple trade in forex is only use stop loss and target profit, this not required math and programmiong background but might result also will different compared with them that has good background

Yeah, but simple trading is also more risky and way less profitable than algo trading, at least from what I've heard.