Can T2W be saved?

Actually its not a lot of effort, it normally takes 10 minutes to see whats up. It provides me with some entertainment during boring periods. I mean the secret Nazi box, the world champion, the faked photo testimonials, where would you get to see such amateurs at work?

It is quality. They are so blatant about it. My all-time favourite - even better than Kishore M, Nazi-Box Cohen and FapTurbo - is actually Baghdaddy. Absolute classic. :LOL:

I was talking to someone about this today - she had one of those "there's a problem with your computer" calls and had the sense to hang up. Anyway, I was explaining how boiler rooms operate, and how they work their follow-up scams.

It's a thing of beauty in a way - an idea that so perfectly taps into human nature that the scam has essentially not had to change for, well, how long? They were operating this way a hundred years ago.

It's like a Great White or a crocodile - the modern ones are essentially the same as the ones that were going around when dinosaurs were about. Perfect design - the dinosaurs are long gone, but the sharks and crocs are still around, and it's still feeding time.

The question is does T2W actually want to be saved ?

I suspect they dont.

Sharky isnt completely stupid, he knows which side his breads buttered on, and the staff and mods who work for the evil empire know it too. The hypocrisy is sickening, but watching the odd one or two who are still in denial is rather compelling.

T2W is like an alcoholc who wont even admit they have a drink problem. If they measure the sites success by metrics such as membership numbers or advertising revenue, then why would they think they have a problem ?

When the point comes that there's zero trading related content they can always pay someone to regurgitate crap from elsewhere (and they already probably do). They dont need that much content to keep up the pretense that they are a trading forum. The input from vendors is probably more than sufficient, and its precisely what the target market wants anyway.

It is quality. They are so blatant about it. My all-time favourite - even better than Kishore M, Nazi-Box Cohen and FapTurbo - is actually Baghdaddy. Absolute classic. :LOL:

The Bloomberg ad he did was his high point. Getting his sidekick Ben and his brother to pretend they were hedge fund traders was such a great idea, until they got rumbled. Remember he came on here under a made up name and tried to talk his way out of it? Then he got all confused and forgot he was supposed to be someone else and was saying 'I didnt file for bankruptcy' one minute and then 'Mike hasnt filed for bankrupcty' the next.

The Bloomberg ad he did was his high point. Getting his sidekick Ben and his brother to pretend they were hedge fund traders was such a great idea, until they got rumbled. Remember he came on here under a made up name and tried to talk his way out of it? Then he got all confused and forgot he was supposed to be someone else and was saying 'I didnt file for bankruptcy' one minute and then 'Mike hasnt filed for bankrupcty' the next.

LOL I missed that - I guess it got deleted? Sounds about right though. :LOL:

Maybe partly it's an owner/management thing, ya know? From what I hear, the guy that owns this joint don't trade. Now that don't make no sense to me. I mean, it don't f*ckin' compute.

It takes a geek to run a website. WTF do you want ? If a trader runs such a site, he would be a loser and can't trade. Running a sizeable computer system is no less complcated than trading. People don't know that and think they can do it after buying a book on how to program C#, etc. To do it well, it takes many years of effort and some talent.

Some interesting opinions here. I think the problem will get worse, if you see it as a problem, which perhaps people don't.

Anyways, ain't my problem no more.

This thread shows just the reason why T2W is suffering.

Here's a multi-nic fest with most of the banned members talked about being from the same unruly mob. Purportedly all these guys are grown ups and traders (purportedly) but do they choose to talk trading - occasionally, but mostly just filling the boards with all the infantile, schoolboy humour (sic) and worse. And you have the nerve to talk about T2W being dumbed down - jeez.

Of course you might reflect on why some of the genuinely good traders who gave so freely of their time and knowledge left - mostly it was because they were driven away by fools such as yourselves.

Every week I and the other mods clear dozens of advertisers off the site and try to keep things adult and civilised, but we don't write the damn posts. After all's said and done T2W can only be as good as posters want it to be - if they post crap it'll be crap, if they post interesting trading stuff it'll be good. It's not up to us - it's up to YOU.

jon

Don't let the haters get you down
T2W fills a niche very nicely imho and it's for free ( unusual in this money talks world)
There's room for both FF, ET and T2W. No point in being exactly the same is there.
Try taking the p1ss on FF and they won't stand for it.
I tried puttin on ignore the more fruity cr*p on ET and now have a much slimmed down but better site.
It takes all types to make a world so I have no complaints

If the OP isn't Dash or Paz I'll ******* yeah well no matter. The world needs them too, when they aren't busy swinging in the trees

:LOL:

Have a nice day guys

Don't let the haters get you down
T2W fills a niche very nicely imho and it's for free ( unusual in this money talks world)
There's room for both FF, ET and T2W. No point in being exactly the same is there.
Try taking the p1ss on FF and they won't stand for it.
I tried puttin on ignore the more fruity cr*p on ET and now have a much slimmed down but better site.
It takes all types to make a world so I have no complaints

If the OP isn't Dash or Paz I'll ******* yeah well no matter. The world needs them too, when they aren't busy swinging in the trees

:LOL:

Have a nice day guys

Fair points. FF is a bag of old balls. Full of useless rubbish and utterly humourless.

I guess the bottom line is that you can either take T2W seriously, or your trading seriously, but not both. When the site was new and technologies were different, it may have been possible to do both, but now they are mutually exclusive.

I certainly know which side of the fence I'm on.

I guess the bottom line is that you can either take T2W seriously, or your trading seriously, but not both. When the site was new and technologies were different, it may have been possible to do both, but now they are mutually exclusive.

I certainly know which side of the fence I'm on.

A really really good trading form would need people who are actually consistently profitable to post and share knowledge. That doesn't appear to be how the trading world works, though. People are very secretive - don't want to let cats out of bags. I doubt there's any genuine profitable traders here at all at a guess....

Forums are for people who are still trying to find what works, bouncing ideas off of each other.

If I was a genuine successful trader, I don't think i'd ever go on a trading forum!

A really really good trading form would need people who are actually consistently profitable to post and share knowledge. That doesn't appear to be how the trading world works, though. People are very secretive - don't want to let cats out of bags. I doubt there's any genuine profitable traders here at all at a guess....

Forums are for people who are still trying to find what works, bouncing ideas off of each other.

If I was a genuine successful trader, I don't think i'd ever go on a trading forum!

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.
Neo: What is the Matrix?
Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

It's not up to us - it's up to YOU.

Thats not strictly true. You are responsible for setting the organisational culture. If all of the sites management efforts are so clearly foccused on dumming down, that sends the signal that you want to dumb down.

You need to dumb down to generate revenue, you have dumbed down, and hopefully its been a successful strategy, but please dont complain that noone will provide serious input.

The odd few people who have provided input are treated with absolute contempt, and that also sends out a very clear message. You are reaping what you sowed, and Mr Sharky is laughing all the way to the bank, so why the glum faces for heavens sake ?

Unfortunately you have to lead by example.

Ok, this looks like the thread where I can answer J Lultz without annoying posters on the other, more serious thread, where the debate was about more important national problems. You pikers are going to get your benefits cut off ( if that's what they call them, nowadays) and all you are worried about is whether any serious traders exist on these boards, or not? I'd suggest that you start worrying about the real world, mateys, before you start talking in high pitched voices. No one will ever know how successful any poster is because he is not going to say. Neither on this forum or any other.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/135172-we-arent-all-same.html

liquid validity provided this link which explains what Jack Schwager believes most traders are like, . That means us, on this board, too. I think that he has hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
for what it's worth I think I have made some very good contributions to trade 2 win, partly in my Schlong thread, sometimes standalone posts in other threads, and even one or two posts in this one. If I have something I think worthwhile to contribute, I do. But very little of what I think is worthwhile is relevant on 90% of the threads here.

I am sorry that I haven't started a 2,000 post thread calling my live trades on eur/usd 5m charts in real time, but that just isn't the way I roll.

For instance, in that "shame on you" thread I posted a link to a webinar on how Heart Rate Variablity can effect the chemical imbalance in your brain which has knock on effects on your decision making. The guy who gave the seminar has worked with olympic athletes, professional sports teams, professional traders and bank traders on the same thing. Not one person has mentioned it.

Now, I was sort of inclined to have a journal about how I got on with the same technology, and if my P&L improved or I felt any better after a few months of trying it, but to be honest I think the mods here can be such ungrateful b@stards that I won't bother. I'll get the machine, just keep it to myself.

And, when I look at some of the stuff that the mods do...