Can T2W be saved?

This is utter nonsense and your posts were deleted because a complaint was made that they were a hook for advertising and that was all. It has nothing to do with the new book as no moderator has any vested interest in it being successful or otherwise.

Paul

isn't the whole site a hook for advertising? Did I miss something?

another contributory factor is that some quite long-standing members are actually idiots. In fact there are quite alot of idiots across the whole spectrum, far many more than you find in a group of actual traders. Not book-smart, or people-smart, but for want of better word, "street-smart". For instance it should have been obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense that Howard did not have any edge in his strategy. There was absolutley no scope for an edge to exist in the first place. You don't need to know about options to see it, it should have been intuitive.

Yet another problem is that most people here seem to have signed up to the idea that in order to suuceed at trading, all you need to do is find a strategy with a positive edge and follow it properly, and so they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours researching for an edge that they can then turn into tens of thousands of dollars, rather that accepting that an edge is something you have to LEARN.

(y)

I could be one of the idiots you are referring to but on the last point, I would probably go a little bit further and say an edge is an innate quality that is required to be a profitable trader. I am in the (minority?) group who believes that not everyone has what it takes, traders are born, not made.

But I wouldn't argue with what you wrote. Good post.

Stop spreading the madness across this suite of forums! What would the female decision makers at spread betting companies say?!

:LOL:

:LOL:

I wonder if he ever cleaned his curtains after you went round that time...

eldongerino, is that another?

Well I for one am passionate about my trading and certainly not losing money. If I choose to have a pop at someone there is always a reason behind it, usually to see how hurt people get, hurt=emotion=failure at trading or wannabe. My cuntributions towards the techies corner are genuine, I have 15 years in and out of the IT professional industry. I share what I know albeit in a self humouring manner. If I see a drastic flaw in some other members trading strategy then I will remorselessly harp on at them about it, after all any trader that is potentially heading for a fall should at least examine his position from time to time and whether I am right or wrong it might cause a trader to at least prove it to me rather than continual self belief .
Unfortunately the mods do not see things in the same light. They have self appointed themselves into a position of responiability and regardless of trading opportunities consider that they are bouncers for an exclusive club whereas we on the streets are the outlawed hooligans. I will probably get banned for saying this.

PS If I spot a complete ******** on this site then I will go out of my way to expose them.

eldongerino, is that another?

Don't think so. But there were a lot of Mexican-inspired ones. So various -Bandits (FX Bandit being the main one I think) plus lots of short-lived derivatives, such as El Bandito Del Lulz and (again, I think) El Bandito Lulzoso.

Don't think so. But there were a lot of Mexican-inspired ones. So various -Bandits (FX Bandit being the main one I think) plus lots of short-lived derivatives, such as El Bandito Del Lulz and (again, I think) El Bandito Lulzoso.

Oh no I remember now, it was what the under23 netball team nicknamed me.

You've managed to single handedly save t2w just by starting this thread(y)

(y)

I could be one of the idiots you are referring to but on the last point, I would probably go a little bit further and say an edge is an innate quality that is required to be a profitable trader. I am in the (minority?) group who believes that not everyone has what it takes, traders are born, not made.

But I wouldn't argue with what you wrote. Good post.

Well, obviously an edge is required if you want to trade profitably (you can always gamble and make money, but it's a legitimate edge that seperates one from another)... but I wouldn't go as far as to say traders are "born" instead of "made".

I mean, I suppose, if we all lived forever and had infinite sums of money, anyone could stick at it long enough. It is just a skill, after all. BUT, it takes alot of effort to get beyond the event horizon, as it were. What ultimately matters is how much you have to learn a) about yourself and b) about the market, and whether you have the 1) Time, and 2) the money to accomplish this. And I am assuming that everyone manages to get on the right path in the first place... you could spend alot of time and money switching from EA to EA and still have gotten nowhere.

That's why some people get it in a matter of months, while others just will never have the resources to overcome their own personal hurdles.

Well, obviously an edge is required if you want to trade profitably (you can always gamble and make money, but it's a legitimate edge that seperates one from another)... but I wouldn't go as far as to say traders are "born" instead of "made".

I mean, I suppose, if we all lived forever and had infinite sums of money, anyone could stick at it long enough. It is just a skill, after all. BUT, it takes alot of effort to get beyond the event horizon, as it were. What ultimately matters is how much you have to learn a) about yourself and b) about the market, and whether you have the 1) Time, and 2) the money to accomplish this. And I am assuming that everyone manages to get on the right path in the first place... you could spend alot of time and money switching from EA to EA and still have gotten nowhere.

That's why some people get it in a matter of months, while others just will never have the resources to overcome their own personal hurdles.

This guy gets it. (y)

It was you. It was always you.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:eek:

T2W grew up when internet forums were in their infancy. As such, there was less competition and this saw T2W gain traction from both the people learning and the generous people willing to share. This is, after all what a forum is all about. People come here to learn and some people come here to share (and then there's the vendors...)

There has been a dumbing down and certainly the place is far dumber than it was 4 years ago. Still, there seems to be little correlation between dumbing down and membership decline... but that is not to say this relationship is infinitely elastic.

When a good member leaves, T2W should perhaps think about why they got p1ssed off. T2Ws support of Howard Cohodas is a case in point. Anyone who wanted to come here and help people for free with genuine information may be disgusted to see a charlatan such as Howard getting away with posting misinformation that would OBVIOUSLYT end in a blow up if followed. There may be other reasons for a 'good' member to leave and these should be looked at by T2W.

The common denominator with all parting members is obviously T2W. This doesnt mean T2W is always to blame but for sure if T2W management don't look within when this occurs, then they will be missing a chance to improve. People that contribute are an asset, attract other members and do it for free. This asset appears is not nurtured here.

People have been predicting the tipping point for years here. Still, it hasn't tipped yet. Maybe it wont. Still - there really is not much trading discussion here and there are really only a handful of posters.

T2W need to get proactive if they want to improve the quality of the forum. The new paint job is all well and good but you know what they say about polishing turds...

T2W grew up when internet forums were in their infancy. As such, there was less competition and this saw T2W gain traction from both the people learning and the generous people willing to share. This is, after all what a forum is all about. People come here to learn and some people come here to share (and then there's the vendors...)

There has been a dumbing down and certainly the place is far dumber than it was 4 years ago. Still, there seems to be little correlation between dumbing down and membership decline... but that is not to say this relationship is infinitely elastic.

When a good member leaves, T2W should perhaps think about why they got p1ssed off. T2Ws support of Howard Cohodas is a case in point. Anyone who wanted to come here and help people for free with genuine information may be disgusted to see a charlatan such as Howard getting away with posting misinformation that would OBVIOUSLYT end in a blow up if followed. There may be other reasons for a 'good' member to leave and these should be looked at by T2W.

The common denominator with all parting members is obviously T2W. This doesnt mean T2W is always to blame but for sure if T2W management don't look within when this occurs, then they will be missing a chance to improve. People that contribute are an asset, attract other members and do it for free. This asset appears is not nurtured here.

People have been predicting the tipping point for years here. Still, it hasn't tipped yet. Maybe it wont. Still - there really is not much trading discussion here and there are really only a handful of posters.

T2W need to get proactive if they want to improve the quality of the forum. The new paint job is all well and good but you know what they say about polishing turds...

I agree with a lot of what you say. But you don't think we've seen the tipping point? I'm not so sure. If not, I think it's at least got a lot closer in recent months.

Polishing turds? Absolutely spot on. Relaunch / facelift was an utter waste of time.

For the tipping point - it's very hard to say.

This forum needs:
- members
- regular visitors
- regular posters
- advertising revenues

It may just be that these guys are extremely smart and that the low end of the market is where all the money is. As such - the people who contribute thought-inspiring useful information are just a bunch of dinosaurs that dont realise they are extinct.

For the tipping point - it's very hard to say.

This forum needs:
- members
- regular visitors
- regular posters
- advertising revenues

It may just be that these guys are extremely smart and that the low end of the market is where all the money is. As such - the people who contribute thought-inspiring useful information are just a bunch of dinosaurs that dont realise they are extinct.

What you say is true, and they have definitely targetted the newbie / chump end of the market.

But there has to be at least some pretence at trading-related content, or even the newbies will smell a rat. If you were new and were looking through this forum for the first time (and didn't know about certain old threads) what would think? There's so much crap to wade through to find even a nugget of goodness. I mean seriously, this place is like a street above a blocked sewer - flooded with ****e.

In that regard it's becoming like wikipedia - broken beyond repair. I understand they want the circle of noob / ad revenue but it's got ridiculous.

And advertisers must be noticing after a bit, there's only about a dozen regular posters.

The other thing I wondered about is why you spend so much time and effort helping people and exposing scams. I applaud it, but why not just leave them to it?

Actually its not a lot of effort, it normally takes 10 minutes to see whats up. It provides me with some entertainment during boring periods. I mean the secret Nazi box, the world champion, the faked photo testimonials, where would you get to see such amateurs at work?