Cable Triple Breakfast Sandwich

TheBramble

Legendary member
Met this Greek bloke in a dodgy Pub on the Mile End Road last night. Nice chap. Turns out he’s a trader too. Well, we got talking and he mentioned this technique he uses on Cable. It was getting late and I’m not sure I understood all of it, but for a fiver, I thought, what the heck. As it turns out, this morning, I can’t remember a bloody thing about it.

He said it was a Cable Triple Breakfast Sandwich and then he couldn’t stop laughing. I thought perhaps he’d being doing stuff in the loos, but his mate reckons this Triple Sandwich thing always cracks him up.

Anyway, I don’t have time to play with MetaTrader or charts or gubbins like that, but I know a few on here like to play with these things.

So, if it takes your fancy and you’ve got the time and the inclination, have a look and let me know how it works out.

The levels only apply for 24 hours at a time apparently (it’s hard-coded data). After that it turns back into a pumpkin, or something. But he said he could let me have more any time I wanted. I’ve been here before and it always starts off cheap…

I asked what the basis for the system was and how the levels were created, but he just tapped his nose and said I was a cheeky little bloody monkey and I should be grateful to get the hard-coded version.

Have fun.

Attachments

• Cable Triple Breakfast Sandwich.mq4
    1.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
err... arent you missing something?

Pardon the ignorance, but "triple breakfast sandwich" doesn't mean anything tangible to me whatsoever.

Last edited:
err... arent you missing something?

Pardon the ignorance, but "triple breakfast sandwich" doesn't mean anything tangible to me whatsoever.
Consider yourself pardoned.

Nor to me, but I thought I'd pass it on. I will have a look myself later.

the code draws 8 lines.
2, in this case, overlap, thus showing 6.
reminiscient of camarilla pivots; but dont have time to verify.

hope things are tickety-boo with you, TheBramble. you havent posted for a while.

Definitely not Cams mate, we did discuss those.

No, stuffed if I can remember now.

The thing is they look good-ish. But you could draw any random half-dozen lines on a chart and you're going to see something, for sure.

Still, got a purple memstick out of the deal...

Found another memstick (purple) in my kebab last night.

Attachments

1.5 KB · Views: 272
Found another memstick (purple) in my kebab last night.

your Greek Bloke in Pub, or GBP for short, has a fixation for the number 32.

yesterday: March-24
double OH67=1.47501;
double IH67=1.47181;
double IL67=1.467;
double OL67=1.4638;

double OH78=1.47501;
double IH78=1.47181;
double IL78=1.4656;
double OL78=1.4624;

diff between OH67 and IH67 is 32. as is diff between IL67 / OL67. and IL78 / OL78.

today: March-25 (Apprentice start day)
double OH67=1.4716;
double IH67=1.4684;
double IL67=1.4665;
double OL67=1.4633;

double OH78=1.4714;
double IH78=1.4682;
double IL78=1.46648;
double OL78=1.46328;

same here. 32s appear often. IL67 / OL67. IL78 / OL78.
thanks TheBramble. this is better than sudoku.

Are you saying 32 pips is the optimum stop size on Cable trendie?

I am not saying anything.
I merely noticed the 32s showing up.
how they are to be used, whether entries, exits, or stops I dont know.

what i would do next woudl try to see whether the groups pivoted around a central number. ie, if the IH/OH (inner high, outer high, inner low, outer low??) revolved around a particular value. then determine where that particular value was derived, ie, range of a particualr bar, range or yesterdays OHLC, etc.

If the central number is dynamic, and the 32s static, the 32 would imply a customised/curve-fitted best guess. As 32 may not work on EU or GJ, etc.

thats the only simple thought I have at the moment. nothing more.

what i would do next woudl try to see whether the groups pivoted around a central number. ie, if the IH/OH (inner high, outer high, inner low, outer low??) revolved around a particular value. then determine where that particular value was derived, ie, range of a particualr bar, range or yesterdays OHLC, etc.

If the central number is dynamic, and the 32s static, the 32 would imply a customised/curve-fitted best guess. As 32 may not work on EU or GJ, etc.
I think I understand what you're saying. So apart from the 32 being optimised for Cable specifically, the 32 is also the range each side of any of the lines that we should expect it to move before confirming/rejecting it as a dummy?

In which case, that explains the move down to 1.4600 exactly on the 08:00 bar - precisely 32 pips
Below the 1.4632 line given (obviously) was a fake out and which is why it then came back up tio retest that line before heading South once more.

What I’m not getting though is when the 10:40 bar precisely bounces off the 1.4664 (isn’t 64 twice 32?) line it’s then followed by a drop to 1.4568 – that’s 96 pips which is, Christ! 3 X 32!!!

Trendie, you’re too far into this to be anyone other than the Greek bloke in a pub. It was you, wasn’t it….

Anonymous brown envelope through the letter box this morning. Grease smudges all over it…

I think he’s added chilli sauce….

Attachments

2 KB · Views: 195
Bit early for the mail I thought and I was right. The parcel had been thrown from a passing car lay on the mat just outside the door. I unwrapped it and inside was a fish (which seems quite fresh and which I’m going to gently steam with lemon, a hint of parsley and half a knob of raw ginger for lunch).

What was important was what it was wrapped in. Screenshot attached…

Now I’m wondering if he’s Greek at all, at all. I though he said his name was Stavros, but it was noisy in the pub and it might have been Salvatore.

This fish thing ‘mean’ anything in Sicily? I reckon it could mean 'you wont be able to make head nor tail of this...', but I could be wrong.

No idea. I think 'e's 'avin a larf, init.

Attachments

• cable triple breakfast sandwich.gif
    cable triple breakfast sandwich.gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 219
Just gutting the fish (I think it' a Halibut) and found this inside (screenshot attached).

It's the same chart, but with Y-axis squished a bit. What is he trying to show us?

Attachments

53.6 KB · Views: 182
Just gutting the fish (I think it' a Halibut) and found this inside (screenshot attached).

It's the same chart, but with Y-axis squished a bit. What is he trying to show us?

A group of people are given detailed astrological profiles. They all agree that the profiles accurately describe their personalities.
They are later told that everyone was given the same profile. (Derren Brown et al)

TheBrambles, the chart is no better than a Rohrschack, where each reader sees their own take. And reads their into it their own interpretations of the lines.

Without some clue as to how the lines are derived, you run the risk of every participant going off on their own direction.

Fun though this is, I suggest you rapidly scale out of this smoked herring.
Fin.

I'm a big fan of DB myself - as you've correctly identified.

But even so and notwithstanding....

A[...]the chart is no better than a Rohrschack, where each reader sees their own take. And reads their into it their own interpretations of the lines.
These lines were on the chart at 06:00 GMT. I posted it at 06:10 GMT.

I take your point however.

I’m looking at it now and thinking it’s purely my subjective interpretation that places the high (close) of the day (11:45 GMT) and the low (close) of the day (16:35 GMT) on the 5 min chart on those lines projected forward from 06:00 GMT this morning.

And I’m willing to admit to 2nd degree hallucination imagining a 30-40 pip range from 06:00 to 12:00 GMT being constrained by two of the horizontal lines – after all – there are a few of them.

And after it hits the low of the day it rebounds a little to come to rest with its lows pretending to just rest now and again on another horizontal line.

You’re right – it’s all an illusion.

Mind you, the fish was delicious. That piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

Attachments

67.6 KB · Views: 183