BW 'InvestorToolbox' vs. Whitney 'TeachMeToTrade'

selnick

Hello trading friends!
I have been trained and subscribe to Business Week's InvestorToolbox software and website ($3000 US + $40/month access). It's broad, deep and powerful. I'm still in the learning mode. (InvestorToolbox is owned and marketed by Investools Inc (IED on the NASDAQ in the US). Under a working relationship with the likes of Business Week magazine and, separately, with CNBC cable television, those two well established companies also market InvestorToolbox under their own separate logos.

Recently, I took Whitney's (a much smaller company I think) 'Teach Me To Trade' 3-day workshop. The training was very well done in my opinion. Of course they want thousands of dollars more for additional courses as do the above three companies (to give you further expertise in technical analysis especially for doing options, techniques for setting your trading up as a business to protect your assets and minimize taxes, mentoring services, etc.).

In brief, I have over 15 years experience in the markets and years ago passed my US brokers exam which qualified me to broker securities in two states. That said, I was very favorably impressed by both of the above investment trading systems, but, again, I am still in the evaluation phase and have had limited training. Most of my experience over the years has been in intermediate and long term position trading/investment.

The PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE, therefore, is to seek out individuals and institutional employees who have been trained and used either or both of the above systems so we can 'compare notes' as we say. Kindly reply by posting here or email me at
< [email protected] >.

All the best,
Mike

I have done 3 teach me to trade clases. Although they are good they try and sell there software as being "what the pros use" Beware, you can by better sw elsewhere such as eSignal + OptionsPlus. I would check out the www.pristine.com website. I havent done a course with pristine but i went to a free seminar and have read a good pristine book "Tools and Tactics of a Master day trader" and Pristine is cheaper and seems more proferssional. TMTT is good though and ive learnt alot.

Thank you for the info, CrazyKiwi. Are you in New Zealand?
I visited the www.pristine.com site as you suggested. Looks like their offerings match those of TMTT and Investools Inc (which includes their licensees CNBC and BusinessWeek InvestorToolbox). Quality and depth comparisons, of course, are other questions. If anybody else (readers) can shed some light on those issues, lots of visitors here would be appreciative.

I registered for Pristine's free initial 4-hour ( ! ) seminar. I'll try not to forget to come back and post a review. I hope they will have at least 2 of the 4 hours for teaching vs. promoting courses, but we'll see.

Do you have a website address for eSignal + OptionsPlus? How do you compare them with Pristine with Pristine and with TMTT?

Thanks,
mike (Virginia, US)

Mike, I'm from NZ but living in London. The pristine 4 hour seminar is mostly technical not sales.
Heres the eSignal website: http://www.esignal.com/

The OptionsPlus is an add on. It allows you to choose a stock you may think is bullish then it will tell you the best play. + it gives 3d graphs etc. Pretty cool but costs $185 mo for eSignal + $50 optionsplus.

eSignal is a lot more powerful than TMTTs "Trade Center" but costs more.

I attended a BusinessWeek investor education seminar yesterday, and personally thought it was just a big dog& pony show. I really hated the speaker and his whole salesman style. I just got the impression, vibe whatever you want to call it that he thought he was such a slick cat, and probably is to the geriatric audience. At one point he was talking about Enron and asked the audience who pays stock analysts? I replied out loud "the Investment banks", and he says no not Enron and tried to laugh at me!!! I was like WTF did you hear what I just said? But I guess that he wasn't expecting someone to know the answer and it probably threw a wrench in his presentation LOL. So anyways I was googling for Business Week Investor toolbox, found this thread and decided to register as it seems like a great board :)

selnick: You said you use the Invest tools website, and I was wondering if you make money consistenly using the techniques they teach?

I know that Wallstreetcity.com has a service built on the Invest Tools technology and I think its cheaper. I also remember hearing a while back that Motley Fool was starting some similair program in conjunction with Invest Tools. I was also poking aroundontheInvest Tools site and it looks like you can go straightto the source. My question is if anyoneknows ift here is any difference between the Business Week version of the site, and what Invest Tools offers? I would imagine you paya premium for the Business Week brand name, but I might be wrong.

Thanks

According the InvesTools latest SEC filing, CNBC has ended their affiliation with InvesTools (http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050510/ied10-q.html) effective May 9, 2005. In their 10Q they report, "under the terms of the Transition Agreement, all CNBC students will be offered the opportunity to transition to the INVESTools brand of investor education products and services."

There is a difference between the two educational offerings. Recommend going straight through InvesTools since their relationship with their other marketing partners are obviously unstable.

Does anyone know what wallstreetcity.com is? I was under the impression that they were the ones behind invest tools, and their affiliates?

Thanks