Votes: 94 54.7%
  • Nader

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • None of the above!

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The liberals just cannot stomach that a fine President, dedicated to the extermination of terror, has been elected. President Bush has a mandate to kill the terrorists, so I say to the liberals: whine and cry about your terrorist friends as much as you want, but Bush is still going to get the job done.

ivorm

Believe it or not, the world is as it seems, depending upon your viewpoint!! The majority of people in the U S A who elected Dubbya, did it purely out of self interest regarding the small matter of oil.

As for world security, history will almost certainly show that Dubbya with the puppet Blair, have furthered the cause of extremism and its sympathizers amongst nations that previously were marginalized but not a threat.

Maybe you should think about the old addage......there are two sides to every story .

The Islamic terrorists were drawn to Iraq as a result of Dubbya and co deciding to invade it so as to divert attention from the real issue which was and is Bin Laden and Al Quieda.

Maybe a hybrid humanoid combining the assets of Blair and Bush would solve the problem.

Bush has absolutely no brains but lots of balls.

Blair is a total eunuch, devoid of balls but reportedly does possess brains.

As I said before there is nothing wrong with a right wing President just as long as there is a good balance between balls and brains.

So maybe a Mr Blairush would be the answer to the world's problems.

Kill the "terrorists", kill 100,000 innocents, kill rationality among the US electorate, etc, etc.

I can't believe 6 centuries after the Renaissance, the richest, most technically advanced country in the world is still dominated by religious ignorance. Perhaps this is the natural outcome of cut-throat capitalism, in which the number of successful, educated, tolerant people is outweighed by the majority of poor and uneducated. Why would you care where in the world the country you are attacking is if you can't even rely on being treated in hospital if you lose your job and get ill. I'm no communist, I think history is littered with examples of why that will never work. But bleeding-edge Capitalism can never work either.

Brendan

bdholmes,

who told u usa was the richest country in the world. If you or I had a pro-rata debt relative to the US trade deficit, we would have been bankrupt about....er......20 yrs ago....

counter_violent said:
ivorm

The majority of people in the U S A who elected Dubbya, did it purely out of self interest regarding the small matter of oil. .

How do you know this to be fact ?

counter_violent said:
As for world security, history will almost certainly show that Dubbya with the puppet Blair, have furthered the cause of extremism and its sympathizers amongst nations that previously were marginalized but not a threat.

And how can you say "history will almost certainly show ". Do you have a crystal ball ?

Perrington said:
ivorm

I cannot conduct any meaningful dialogue with you, as its impossible to win a discussion with an ignorant man.

The retort of a man who knows he is losing the argument.

lol - do any of u think u can chage someones beliefs on a chat site?

if anyone voted bush do u really think they r intelligent enuff to realize or admit they r wrong anyway? im surprise bush won to b honest. i mean how did the schmuks who voted for him find their way to a polling station? i rekon this result was rigged again.

EDITED BY Rossored : Inflammatory comments

counter-violent said:
The majority of people in the U S A who elected Dubbya, did it purely out of self interest regarding the small matter of oil.
ivorm said:
How do you know this to be fact ?
The fact that almost all the US cabinet (with the notable exception of Colin Powell) are former directors of oil companies gives one clue. There was also a bit of a give-away in a briefly-used official Republican Party bumper-sticker around the time of the start of the Iraq invasion: it read "Kick his ass - get the gas!" It was promptly withdrawn in response to adverse publicity. I was over there at the time and saw them myself.

TraderPattern said:
The liberals just cannot stomach that a fine President, dedicated to the extermination of terror, has been elected. President Bush has a mandate to kill the terrorists, so I say to the liberals: whine and cry about your terrorist friends as much as you want, but Bush is still going to get the job done.

EDITED BY Rossored : Abusive post.

Thirteen

How do you come to the conclusion that Bush is on the same level as ********** ? Your paying the man a compliment with that statement....

EDITED BY Rossored : To remove Thirteen's inflammatory comments

Now come on girls, step away from the handbags. This has gotten out of hand.

We should all be very pleased that el Presidente Bush has been re-elected.

For his supporters, there is vindication.

For his detractors, there is poetic justice!

Inside of two years the dollar will have disappeared down the toilet passed the u-bend, taking down T-bonds with it causing mortgage repayments to rocket, busting the property boom,
inflation will climb, interest rates will follow etc, the economy will be bust. Along with a continuing quagmire in Iraq, who the hell would dare vote Republican again.

Be glad Kerry lost. Many Democrats were secretly glad he did. Nobody wants to inherit Bush's legacy.

Hillary Clinton was advised strongly to step back from the race, it was not the right time to be a Democrat in the Whitehouse.

The Republicans have won a mandate to implement their vision for the USA. They are expecting a new dynasty of Republicans to dominate US politics for decades hence. Let them feast on their smugness.

They will be in the political wilderness after the next election. Hillary will walk it.

zigglewigler said:
This has gotten out of hand.
This is true.

zigglewigler said:
Inside of two years the dollar will have disappeared down the toilet ...
This is also true.

zigglewigler said:
Be glad Kerry lost. Many Democrats were secretly glad he did.
This is true, too - and some of them not so secretly.

zigglewigler said:
They will be in the political wilderness after the next election. Hillary will walk it.
Hope so ... but they can still do a hell of a lot of damage (including collateral damage to the UK) in 4 years. And don't forget that every violent fundamentalist Muslim they take out will be replaced by 10 others. :(

OK chaps.

This thread has gone on about long enough. Either the slagging off and abuse stops HERE - or the thread is closed - and anyone who restarts it will be warned, and then have that thread closed too. Simple as that.

Take your pick.

THIRTEEN : Dont get abusive again please. The boards are not the place for it.

Before the thread closes I would like to post a couple of interesting links.

I am on holiday in US, been lovely weather until today when the rain came in and I have been able to avoid all politics with the swing-staters so far. I am worried that if I say the wrong thing they will pump 40 magazines into my guts before they realise.
Actually was interesting in customs with all the fingerprinting and photographing, first time I have been here since that started. They also got far more suspicious and interrogated me about the Sudanese, Yemeni and Egyptian visas in my passport although I had thpse the last 2 times I came here too and there was not even a question then.

The airfield where I am now sitting has wireless internet, which is great as I do not know of ones in the UK that have this, so I was able to catch up on this thread and the markets.
So here you are

E-Voting charts
http://img103.exs.cx/img103/4526/exit_poll.gif

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." - Joseph Stalin

and this shows the average IQ of each state and how they voted.
http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

Here is a couple more of interest
Americans flock to Canada's immigration Web site Fri November 05, 2004 01:30 PM ET By David Ljunggren Reuters - UK The number of U.S. citizens visiting Canada's main immigration Web site has shot up six-fold as Americans flirt with the idea of abandoning their homeland after President George W. Bush's election win this week.
http://www.reuters.co.uk/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=616225

Disillusioned Americans eye NZ
From correspondents in Wellington
November 6, 2004
News Com - Australia
ENQUIRIES from Americans wanting to move to New Zealand have skyrocketed since George W. Bush was re-elected president of the United States. The Immigration Service website had 10,300 hits from the United States the day after the election, compared with the daily norm of 2500.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11303660%5E1702,00.html

Finally it is interesting to see the first calls in the mainstream media for fairly radical re-alignment of geopolitical relationships.
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9115,1346011,00.html

Have a nice day now y'all.

twalker said:
Before the thread closes I would like to post a couple of interesting links.

Just to clarify - we wont close the thread if it continues in a relatively friendly vein. Name calling and abuse will not be tolerated (this has long been the view of the mods/admin, its not something new I'm stating here), but other than that (within reason!) there are no problems.

Once again, if members want to report a post, please use the "report bad post" icon at the bottom of each post to bring it to the attention of the moderators / admin. Its highly unlikely you will get a reply from us, but we're grateful for your efforts nontheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.