Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

AgeKay: do you only use DOM? or both t&s and Dom then?

I would just prefer having one window. Don't see the use in summarized volume when I can just use vol histogram or market profile.

AgeKay: do you only use DOM? or both t&s and Dom then?

I would just prefer having one window. Don't see the use in summarized volume when I can just use vol histogram or market profile.

I don't use the DOM and time & sales anymore. But when I used to use them, I would add the integrated T&S to the DOM of MD Trader (X_Trader). Right click in MD Trader and then check the corresponding menu item.

I actually think the traditional time & sales window found in X_Trader and Ninja Trader is probably one of the worst ways to visualize pure time & sales information (taking into account how much space that window takes up and how little trades you actually see). I've come up with a much better way that I have not seen in any trading software implemented out there. I am actually quite surprised that no one has thought about improving it.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't exactly been the most active poster in this thread but I hope to change that! I will always be lurking in this thread and if I see something of interest that I think can make you all money I will be sure to post it.

Good Trading

add the integrated T&S to the DOM of MD Trader (X_Trader). Right click in MD Trader and then check the corresponding menu item.

Ditto

I've come up with a much better way that I have not seen in any trading software implemented out there. I am actually quite surprised that no one has thought about improving it.

Well, come on then...

I use TT & would confer with Zeeuk above , just must be your platform , TT Sim will be vastly different than say full TT Xtrader Pro.

you can do as you wish then with Bid / ask data if linked to any decent spreadsheet .

You get my drift without going into it too deeply .

Well, come on then...

Don't really want to share. I've put a lot of thought into this and it probably might not even help any of the guys hanging out in this forum since you would have to program it yourself since there is nothing available like this.

You can come up with it yourself if you just think about how you could visualize that information on a lot less space while also making it a lot easier for the human eye to make something out of it.

Last edited:
TT Sim will be vastly different than say full TT Xtrader Pro.

How is TT Sim vastly different than TT X-Trader Pro? All that X_Trader Pro is X_Trader Standard with Autospreader, Autotrader and access to the API. These are just additional features, the software is exactly the same. The only difference with regards to X_Trader connected to a SIM gateway is the data feed and the simulated execution (which is pretty darn accurate for a simulation). Some brokers summarize the data in the data feed to save bandwidth since SIM accounts are not that critical, so you might want to contact your broker about it.

Don't really want to share. I've put a lot of thought into this and it probably might not even help any of the guys hanging out in this forum since you would have to program it yourself since there is nothing available like this.

You can come up with it yourself if you just think about how you could visualize that information on a lot less space while also making it a lot easier for the human eye to make something out of it.

Fair enough mate. Has it improved your bottom line?

(and how sure are you that your method of displaying the information isn't available anywhere else? Surely there is only so much you can do with a string of prices and volume...????)

Fair enough mate. Has it improved your bottom line?

I guess. It's still just T&S, you know. I just see a lot more of it and need less of my brain to process it so I can focus on other things too.

(and how sure are you that your method of displaying the information isn't available anywhere else?

I am absolutely sure that this is not available anywhere (right now).

Surely there is only so much you can do with a string of prices and volume...????)

Try to be a little creative :). I'll say that much. A poor attempt of a better T&S can be found in X_Study. Try that one and you'll see what it wrong with it. Then, try to fix it. There you have it.

P.S.: I've been come up with a lot of innovative ways to visualize trading information in the past months that I plan to incorporate in my own software. It's sad that most trading software developers out there seem to be pretty unimaginative (is that a word??). I think the problem is that trading software developers don't really know what traders want and traders don't know what is really possible with software. The only reason X_Trader has been such a success is because Harris Brumfield had been behind it. And if you really look close at X_Trader, it's not special. It's just really robust and MD Trader pretty cool, but you could do so much more with the depth of market information. There might be some really really good in-house trading front-ends but they obviously don't want to sell it. If it gives you an edge, why would you sell it?

Wow they just refuse to break these treasuries lower!!! Pretty choppy day in schatz this morning and was basically just falling asleep watching it trade in a tight range all morning.......bund was moving nice though.

Well got to get back to class haha!!!

Good Trading

good to have you back on board buy'em.

thanks for the input guys. will look further into the TT dom and try get it showing the individual transactions.

I'm finding putting up three doms (bund, bobl, schatz) rather overwhelming at the moment. At prop firms will they usually get a new grad to watch one of these markets for directional plays first? or do they recommend putting up everything right away (all three DOMs)?

are all three DOMs vital to trading one of these instruments?

If not I think I will concentrate on one (bund) and then, once fairly competent, move and start watching the other 2..

all 3 are crucial, along with dax, stoxx and ten year t-notes in the afternoon.

trading on back on bund alone is essentially trading blind, i believe. if u pay for eurex markets u might as well look at them even if it means just glancing once in a while.

The TT DOM is static and allows you to quickly identify relative price change discrepancies. For example, you re-center all three doms so each product is not trading 'unchanged' relative to the other two. As the doms are static, the price grid does not move. what moves is the price activity. the three doms side by side allows for a quick visual assessment that perhaps bobl has moved up three ticks while shatz only one tick since the last time you 're-centered' or normalized the contracts. you may now wish to sell bobl, buy shatz in anticipation that they will revert back to the 'normalized' state

I too believe that you need to be watching bund bobl and schatz. They all effect each other so much that trading without one of them is not a smart decision. However if you can only fit a limited number of orderbooks on your screen just put up the bund and schatz. Bobl is not as important since it is the belly of the curve and the orderflow is often mixed because it is mainly used as a spread against the others.

I do not have the orderbooks up for the 10yr dax stoxx, etc.......however I do have a quote window with all of those markets on it and I do glance at it now and then. In a time where every market is feeding off of other markets you would be crazy to just look at the market you are trading.

I trade Bund looking from time to time at the 10yr T-Note and the S&P 500. I don't look at the Bobl or the Schatz. Directional trading from watching the price action on the hourly TF is very profitable :)