Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

Hi,

Does anyone here spread these products or are you all outright traders. Look at MarketDelta.com for charts to help you trade these. You are better off using profiles and the marketdelta charts rather than candles if you are scalping these products.

On Eurex site it is claimed that fixed income opens at 8AM CET. Is there no early pre-market trading?

Eurex - Interest Rate Derivatives

Also full-trading closes at 10PM and After hours is till 10:30PM. Am I reading this wrong?

Generally the markets would be most active in the 8AM-5PMish range right? Something I'm going to keep my eye on as I'm trading from Australia.

The Eurex calendar (Eurex - Online Version) no economic announcements are listed, what are the type of announcements I should be looking out for and not placing trades right before, generally?

... and anyone know when most eurex traders take lunch, 1pm-2pm?

Volume tends to be lowest from 1-2pm. Volume is high until 8pm where it tends to fall of dramatically, but there also tends to be lot of movement after 8pm.

pre-market from 7 30

Need to keep a track of all European and US economic releases, shed load of data out today that you need to watch for times i.e. Swiss/German U/E, M3, EU consumer confidence & economic conf, US jobless and GDP

Dont know why on earth these things are so sensitive to US data, maybe just a fact that the people who are trading them are over sensitive to it

You are on the money so to speak I have been trading the Bund ft for quite a few years now from Aus , you must have an adequate supply of coffee and chocalate !

Not an ideal mkt to trade from this side of the world but we just have to deal with it I suppose .

:cheesy:

These are the most complete economic calendars that I found in the internet that include every country (and I've probably looked at all there are):
ForexFactory
DailyFX (I see you already found it)

This one is German and lists all the events that effect the European index futures and dept securities:
DerivateCheck

"!" means it's significant.

NO not at the moment , looking to shortly , trade enough volume to get good rates so not really that pressing at the moment , will look at prop shop overseas I imagine . have done some in the past .

T

OK, I went long before 103.10 @ :30min. the ask seemed pretty solid and was not moving at all or changing and then all of the sudden it totally dissappeared from underneath me and I sold out @ 3 tick loss. I assume this is flipping? its just I totally missed it on the DOM as it happened so quickly.

I'm in the process of organizing NT so I can replay these things, but right now I'm simply stuck on OEC demo simulator.

OK, I went long before 103.10 @ around 2:30 CET. the ask seemed pretty solid and was not moving at all or changing and then all of the sudden it totally dissappeared from underneath me and I sold out @ 3 tick loss. I assume this is flipping? Was anyone watching at the time?

its just I totally missed it on the DOM as it happened so quickly.

I'm in the process of organizing NinjaTrader so I can replay these things, but right now I'm simply stuck on OEC demo simulator.

hey, sorry for double post. Anyway for me to delete the first one? (and this one)

I assume you are talking about the schatz here or we have just seen amassive move while I popped outside for a walk in the fresh Tassie air:cheesy:

yep - schatz. Noticed DAX has gone nuts too.

right now using Open E Cry demo while I wait for IB to authorize my account (they take their time don't they!!!??), at which point I'll setup NinjaTrader.

yep - schatz. Noticed DAX has gone nuts too.

right now using Open E Cry demo while I wait for IB to authorize my account (they take their time don't they!!!??), at which point I'll setup NinjaTrader.

can take time yes , where are you located ?

I assume this is flipping? Was anyone watching at the time?

its just I totally missed it on the DOM as it happened so quickly.

I'm in the process of organizing NinjaTrader so I can replay these things, but right now I'm simply stuck on OEC demo simulator.

No, flipping is if they pull their offers and then bid size on the other side. They might have just spoofed you.

If I remember correctly, NinjaTrader does not replay the DOM, only time & sales.