Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this area, been looking at bund for a while but having read a lot of this thread, am considering focusing on schatz.

Schatz fell about 30bps today - was that mainly due to GS/LB news and consequent rally in markets? Seems that way but just wanted to confirm I've not missed something else in the market today.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this area, been looking at bund for a while but having read a lot of this thread, am considering focusing on schatz.

Schatz fell about 30bps today - was that mainly due to GS/LB news and consequent rally in markets? Seems that way but just wanted to confirm I've not missed something else in the market today.

I think you are making a wise choice.....especially if you are just starting out. Schatz is imo far superior to both the bund and bobl but to each is there own I guess.

Good luck man!

mpoufos

Just the man I wanted to talk to. Somebody has been selling schatz hard around 104.87 they have probably sold 4-5k so far just hitting the bid. It has to be just longer term paper selling right? I wouldn't think its our big trader? Cause bids keep stepping up and it looks like we are starting to bottom out around 104.87

Thoughts?

Man are these guys reluctant to bid this thing up or what? lol Its just a two sided trade so far with no real direction although I do think we start to trade a little higher from here. Looking back now I think that big seller had to be paper selling. No local would of sold that many contracts at that price......not imo anyway.

I think you are making a wise choice.....especially if you are just starting out. Schatz is imo far superior to both the bund and bobl but to each is there own I guess.

Good luck man!

I wouldnt really say that its superior i think like you said it is each to there own for example personally i prefer the bund im used to trading oil where theres such small size on the big and offer a prices dissapear quicker whereas the schatz annoys me with to many idiots trying to spoof it with 10,000 and 5,000 lots adleast in the bund when they do that a majority of the time they get screwed over themseleves.

Anyone been trading today? I scalped a few ticks on the Bund, but looking for a few more opportunities now, depending on how the US Equity markets open.

I just couldn't get up today guys lol! So needless to say I didn't trade this morning. US markets are pretty slow so I bet Europe was the same way.

Yeah I luckly enough was on schatz 3/4 of the way down (then I quit to trade euroswiss and short sterling......boring). You could see it was gonna happen though. Somebody sold around 10k into schatz before it started to break hard. I was initially short then reversed and went long then short again but in the end it payed off lol!

Good Trading Guys

Whoaaa ! What the hell happened here? No newsanywhere...just a massive drop, like I have never seen before ! :eek:

Attachments

• DBM8_fall.JPG
    DBM8_fall.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 490
word is it was a fat finger. Eurex closed for a short while and re-opened 5 ticks lower. that was like a 160 tick move. I think there will have to be busted trades off the back of this. There is an investigation underway on anything under 115.30 I'm told.

Anyone know what the bust range is for FGBL?