Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

Apparently traades bellow 115.13 are being "investigated"...

Worrying that when it happens as you've got to think whether someone knew something... helped that nothing else was moving much.

i am bidding 112.00 in bunds just in case lol

Don't do that, if it happens again you'll buy them, get out at a silly level and your buy will be busted and you'll end up short at a stupid level.

Depending on how many trades are busted there may be a good play trying to short near the close as people who are short through non busted stops will be needing to get out.

1) there is no liquidity 2) fat finger is a bad bad mistake man. this guy hit 25000 at market , triggered stops as well he should have done it gradually as everybody else. this is crazy the market is getting thinner day by day

1) there is no liquidity 2) fat finger is a bad bad mistake man. this guy hit 25000 at market , triggered stops as well he should have done it gradually as everybody else. this is crazy the market is getting thinner day by day

things have become very weak in the stirs recently as well, sterling in particular with the half tick... wonder how much of it is because of the frozen money market coming into end of 1Q and how much of it is blown up locals?

arabian-former.

Yeah, I'm building up a bit of a long position (like a lot of the big locals if you watch the markets carefully) actually as every bloody central banker is going on about liquidity... something's in the wind.

yeah i heard about half tick in sterlin this is stupid. if bund goes half tick and judging by the price action in bobl since its gone half I am packing my things from the bund. its my worse nightmare. but there is still hope i blame the end of 1Q for now as well

you're right mate-sterling is the cheap contract for me. the mpc are going to have to either cut rates or add liquidity and i can see plenty of upside. look at the option flow today......

I think it's hilarious actually.

Worried if any prop firms are going to go bust though... last thing we need is someone forced to liquidate into lots of other markets.

Well, I don't mind it if I know that's what they're doing ;)

imagine if u were long and u had to take 150 ticks stop. man man i am shakin in the idea only. i am not gonna be impressed if i see the volume going down in bunds from now and on. this would have never happened if bobl was full tick. all the spreaders would be still in. i mean u can see from the charts that almost no spreads were active look at bund chart and look in bobls. eurex is doing an extremely bad job lettin the big boys go bigger and taking out the less powerful locals. and a fat ******* that hasnt taken a shower for 2 days from eurex is drinking bears out of ur comissions

I thought it was a major terrorist attack (similar to 9/11) or something on those lines when I saw it falling the way it was. In my nascent trading career, I have never seen such a drop previously.

Kobeyashi

That's why I trade with manual stops, or limit stops. This isn't a new thing... everyone knows about this risk.

But sure, anyone with thousands of lots taking a 150 tick hit isn't pretty - which is why there's a real possibility of people being wiped out and some kind of liquidation over the next few days.

I thought it was a major terrorist attack (similar to 9/11) or something on those lines when I saw it falling the way it was. In my nascent trading career, I have never seen such a drop previously.

Kobeyashi

Unless they'd nuked germany or something, the bund would rise on those usually. The other hint was nothing much really happening in bobl/schatz/anything else.

Volume in that minute was 44k so that's 20k worth of stops being taken out as well.