British Inventor cracks currency markets

trendie - I can't believe you're actually going along with this...

not going along with anything; just allowing myself to be driven by the data, wherever it may take me.

I dont like it since I am not learning anything.
I suspect some issues may arise about entries due to different broker prices.
All profitable trades need to be seen in context of risk taken.
Overall, you CAN do better just focussing on 1 or 2 pairs.

If you take each trade and interpret it as 1/2% of capital, then see how each win or loss compares as function of capital, it is certainly average at best.

People will get drawn in with the "thousands of pips", and not do their homework that it actually represents just about 20 pips a day per pair, on average. (when seen in terms of 9 pairs).

also the drawdown all that represents. for example, yesterday the 9-pair resulted in a small loss, but 8 of the 9 resulted in a stop-out, and reversal. the total drawdown intra-day was over 200 pips before it recovered itself to end well. (sort of).

...but 8 of the 9 resulted in a stop-out, and reversal. the total drawdown intra-day was over 200 pips before it recovered itself to end well. (sort of).
D they tell you which 8 of the 9 before you start trading? LOL.

All I can suggest as smalldog seems intent on doing this is to - go do it. Come back when you've either made your millions or, more likely, when you've lost your starting capital.

The significance of overlooking the significant constantly amazes me.

Smalldog - You (personally, you) develop a system which generates 1000% per year. What do you do? Do you trade it? Or do you sel it, with all the hassles, costs and effort that requires?

Pips Pro=-160 Gold=-128

their servers crashed, or something. by fluke, they gave real-time signals, since I was registered as an interested party.

today has been pretty nasty. if they could have reversed when PA indicated, they should have nabbed 100 by now, rather than being down that much.

EDIT: re:100, referring to the GU only.

EDIT2: (at 13:10): I am now proper bored with this. Unless I deduce the cause of the signal entries and exits, I am done here.

Last edited:
Ok today was nothing to shout about -65 points, Trendie was right they did have a server issue, but they were right on it. I got an email, and a bloke called bryan and mike talked me through the trades I was in. So far I am down for the week not a lot, 2 days into it so far. I can't really complain they seem to take really good care of you though. I am not pushing them because at the end of the day, nice as they are its about the money.

Had I joined at the begining of the month I would be sitting on 1600 points, instead of -110. But, I will give it a month. Had I been going on my own, I would be down more.They are strict about money management, so although I am trading signals, they certainly seem eager to teach me. Mike seems to be a real trader, he is predicting a big correction in the DOW at the moment, how is he doing that?

I think that they are using some neural net system, I cannot for the life of me understand why they enter as they do, I put indicators on my chart to see if any line up...nothing seems to hint at their method
Bryan, seems to be the guy that really understand how to trade their system, jokes aside and snide comments, maybe if I studied the marketd hard I could do it, but I don't have the time and I need to make money now not in 2 years. At the moment I think it might be good, but time will tell. Sure I would like to be up 300 pips I am not. Lets see how it goes. So far trading support excellent, money making potential...lets see I will give them a month.

Smalldog

he is predicting a big correction in the DOW at the moment, how is he doing that?
Did he say precisely when? He's going to be right sooner or later, but something a little more specific would be impressive....

So, smalldog - what exactly do you broker?

The Brambles I am not a broker it was a mistake on the form when I joined, the prediction on the DOW is as follows:

Mike Haran, a full time trader and co-founder of (I removed the link), is very concerned with what is happening in the financial markets at the moment.

“I am very concerned at the moment, the DOW is looking like a collapse is very close.” After such a long move up, perhaps one of the greatest since records began, we are seeing a great deal of weakness and indecision.”
“I am a technical trader, everything is shown in the price action and price is the best indicator there is. Three Doji candle sticks in a row is something every trader loves especially on the day chart. This is what is happening on the DOW at the moment. It has also stopped at the .886fib level of the last swing. What I am expecting is a massive correction, possibly of the order of 2000 points or more. The DOW has made one of the longest moves up since records began from any bear crash. Strong reactions in any market provoke equally strong corrections. This market is no different, what I expect is a massive correction, maybe as much as 89% of the move up. If this breaks and I know it will, expect a lot of pain. I have no idea what the news to trigger this event will be. I am not clairvoyant or a prophet, I am just a student of the markets. A confirmation would be a long red candle tomorrow, 10th June 200; that would certainly clarify that a top was indeed formed. I like to predict the markets, but I trade according to very strict rules, a trader must trade what is in front of him, not what he believes.

So he was looking for price action to confirm a top was in, we did have a down day on the DOW yesterday, it closed lower then it opened, whether this is a long bearisn candle that confirms it I don't know.

Trader333, we don't all we have is our limited array of knowledge and indicators, what we have at the moment is based on the past. There are no clever indicators out there, ones that use the full potential of the computers we have. All the indicators we are using now are based upon ideas developed 10-20 years ago. The problem as I see it is that programmers do not understand the markets and traders cannot program. A programmer will make a program and run it across a series of data, no judgement will be made by the program, it will just repeat the same actions again and again. All traders know that no indicators work always, there are the right times to use certain indicators.

I think that to make money trading you do not need to predict, all you need to do is control risk, and find a system with an edge.

Smalldog

So he was looking for price action to confirm a top was in, we did have a down day on the DOW yesterday, it closed lower then it opened, whether this is a long bearisn candle that confirms it I don't know.
24.04 (0.27%) isn't a 'long red candle' so I guess not yesterday. Still, I'm sure you'll, sorry, he'll keep calling it.

It's only a matter of time before (a) you/he is right and (b) you'll lose most if not all of your money be following someone else's system or signals.

For all sorts of reasons, I'm out.

Smalldog2,

Because of the server outage yesterday, it accidentally gave me real-time access to signals, I want to know what your take on the EU short was.

One of the potential issues is small price discrepancies between brokers, and unless you use the same broker, you could get occasional issues.

yesterday, the EU was a short at 1.4077, with a SL at 1.4138.
My charts show the price was breached, at least twice. But, the signal service didnt trigger a loss and reversal. Obviously, over the course of the day, it started to look like topping action, and potentially an ideal short signal.

So;
a: do they suggest a specific broker?
b: did you take the loss on the EU?

thanks
FxSignalTrader, Best Forex Signals, Previous Day's Performance Page

SmallDog2,

I was referring to your comment:

Had I joined at the begining of the month I would be sitting on 1600 points, instead of -110

Every trader could take the same view that if only they had made a decision earlier (or even later) then things would be different. One of the key aspects of trading success is "to be in the present moment" and to act upon it as things are now and not how they could have been if action was taken earlier or how they could be if action is taken later.

Paul

Trendie,

Yes I was in the eurusd trade. I use TradeStation as my broker so the prices they use are identical to mine. The short was ok for me, I was not stopped out. They do address the issue of different brokers and spreads in their training videos. They suggest that you use the same datafeed as them which is TradeStation. If you use a different broker you have to compensate accordingly as you would with any signal service provider. I was told yesterday that they are going to solve this problem and give an almost immediate position updates according to their position. This would solve the problem of broker spreads and the disconnected nature of the forex market.

Smalldog

The results for yesterday

Their reported results...................... My Profit/Loss
GBPUSD 146 .................................150
EURUSD 16.................................. 13
USDCHF 85.................................. 79
GBPJPY 110..................................105
EURJPY -43.................................. -47
USDCAD 2................................... -7
AUDJPY 7................................... 1
GBPCHF 59...................................55
USDJPY 48...................................43

Total 430..................................392

My results differ from theirs because I am manually entering the trades, also I am not always exiting at the take profit levels exactly if I think I can milk it for a few pips more. So, as of today I am up over 200 points so far and it looks like I will be turning in a very healthy week. If this continues I will be very happy. I was advised that I could get better results then they are reporting and they offered to teach me how to do that. It seems they do take good care of you, in fact I must say I have never had such good customer interaction with any company I have dealt with.

I am only reporting the way I see it, good bad or indifferent.

I wish you all a great weekend.

Smalldog

Last edited:
whats happening with this, smalldog2?

I thought the "timeouts" were at 1600-hrs.
But, yesterday, the timeouts were much, much sooner. Especially on GU. It called a profit of 184 pips, but called a timeout at 0700. This is an unusual departure from all previous data.

are you kept informed of changes in timeout times?

Hello Trendie,

sorry I was away for a week. The exit calls can come at any time, they advise you of this in the chat room. In fact they tell you to sign into the chat room, so they can keep you informed. I don't think this system is as simple as you think. I have been called out of trades once before this, it was a good call the market reversed. They mention on the web site that they will call time on a trade if their system thinks it has run a good distance, how they work that out I have no idea.

They have some videos on the site have you looked at them, might give you a bit more insight.

Smalldog2

thanks for update, SD2.
yes, it is more involved than just a daily set-up.
so my attempts to reverse-engineer is not as simple as I thought.

good to hear they are actively monitoring during the day, and looking after you, and taking good profits when market appears to have made a good move.

Any update?

Any update on how things are working out with these signals.? Is it worth the money?

Smalldog, do I understand correct that you trade live account with these guys?

curious.
fxsignaltrader updated their monthly figures for June.
Now, that page shows only Mays. Curious they should remove Junes figures. (they werent that bad. close on 2700. which is, 75 pips average per pair per week)

anyone using them that could explain this?

EDIT: while I was evaluating all this, I noted how profitable GBPCHF appears to be. It is the second highest pip-earner after GBPJPY. interesting since it has such a large bid-ask spread. Of course, I dont know the intra-day drawdowns, so this is just speculation as to whether its worth trading.