• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are forgetting the events and fall out from the last two weeks.

Put the same referendum question today and you'll get a different pulse.

Public have seen the colour of Brexiters. False promises and poor leadership.

Will the public buy into the same lies? I don't think so.

Will the don't knows still remain don't know? I don't think so.

Will the protest vote remain a protest vote?

Some of the elderly will think twice. Assuming they are still kicking around ofcourse. :whistling

I think you are wrong and you cannot take social media and the press comments as meaning anything as was seen last year when the Tories won a majority and everything else said otherwise. It is the same with the referendum result and the reporting after it as it is all social media and press again and for that reason it cannot be said that the result would be different.

If you believe that it was the "supposed promises" that made people vote the way they did then look again. We had a three party same message coming out and it didn't work and most of those who I know of across the UK had decided how they would vote before any campaign had started.

The legal issue is interesting because it would be worth checking if the same legality was applied for us to join back in 1973. If it wasn't then it could be argued that we should never have legally joined in the first place and as such no legal requirement is needed for us to leave either.

All you have is negative slur about brexit and have a broad belief that brexiters are idiots. I don't recall reading a single positive response to brexit. Every post from you is themed on the referendum being void and built on lies. There were lies on both sides and I am sure the remain camp have the trophy for lies. I find it insulting that you seem to think every brexiter is an idiot. You going to give yourself a heart attack if you continue on this path.

All you have is negative slur about brexit and have a broad belief that brexiters are idiots. I don't recall reading a single positive response to brexit. Every post from you is themed on the referendum being void and built on lies. There were lies on both sides and I am sure the remain camp have the trophy for lies. I find it insulting that you seem to think every brexiter is an idiot. You going to give yourself a heart attack if you continue on this path.

Speak for your self and don't attribute your words to me.

People can read and think for them selves.

Do you really think they need you to translate my sentences to them? You certainly are behaving like an idiot.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think you are wrong and you cannot take social media and the press comments as meaning anything as was seen last year when the Tories won a majority and everything else said otherwise. It is the same with the referendum result and the reporting after it as it is all social media and press again and for that reason it cannot be said that the result would be different.

If you believe that it was the "supposed promises" that made people vote the way they did then look again. We had a three party same message coming out and it didn't work and most of those who I know of across the UK had decided how they would vote before any campaign had started.

The legal issue is interesting because it would be worth checking if the same legality was applied for us to join back in 1973. If it wasn't then it could be argued that we should never have legally joined in the first place and as such no legal requirement is needed for us to leave either.

What you and I and others think is all fine with me. Speak to enough people and the vibes are the same. It could be being down South and in London & Brighton perspective overwhelmingly pro EU. Obviously peeps up North feel different.

Papers interested in selling papers.

People have seen the outcome and behaviour of the leaders for them selves. They can make up their own minds. I'm merely stating my perspective.

As for the legal process Heath took us in. Admit have not looked into how. However, article 50 I believe was drafted after our request for membership so not practical to treat entry and exit the same. Think marriage and divorce. Life is not that simple.

Going forward we still don't know what Brexit will look like. Parliament will need to be briefed on negotiations and should vote on imho. One hopes it will not be conducted behind closed doors or by simply the Conservative party. I like the idea of a free vote as something this important should not be decided on party lines.

I am not arguing that a free vote should be allowed just that it wont be allowed as it will be the first test of the new PM which the Tories cannot afford to lose and they know it.

I am not one for taking too much notice of press opinion but this may be of interest to you

Referendum Result - Same Today As Before

Agreed. Why aren't the English people presenting a more united front? I have said it before and I will say it again. The Brexiters and Bremainers do not live in two separate countries. The Bremainers are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. It seems like they are happy that the pound plummeted, almost as if to say, "see, told ya so!". What good does that do?

Why are people arguing over such trivial matters such as the type of vote? It is like they do not care if they are miserable as long as they are proven right.

Bremainers
If you are miserable and you know it, clap your hands. :clap:
If you are miserable and you know it, then your words here will surely show it. :clap::clap:

Someone here, who actually lives in the UK, applauded a comment by somebody else who does not live in the UK that they were going to "short the UK". What sense does that make? I would not be happy about the US economy being in the toilet and having foreigners profit from it. :confused:

Yes I have seen lots of polls being branded about.

Also heard that 1m voters would vote differently.

Agree press just press it's a business. Some call it a living. Some call it gutter journalism and take it so seriously they step down from elections.

Poor people will still have to be taken off streets and put behind desks to sort out this mess for many years to come. Civil Service might be great career to join right now. ;)

Will soon see the benefits of having harmonised laws and rules and then cost of independence and isolationism.

. . . Delighted to see back of Brexiters. . .
I suspect your delight will only last as long as it takes Mrs May to appoint her new cabinet. The idea that it will only comprise those who voted remain is inconceivable. I hope - and expect - she'll appoint Andrea Leadsom to a very senior post. Gove too and perhaps even Boris.

. . .Theresa May saying all the right things.
Top of her list of 'right things' being: Brexit means Brexit.

Put the same referendum question today and you'll get a different pulse.
Quite possibly, I'd expect many of those who voted remain to realise the mistake they made and switch to leave!

Public have seen the colour of Brexiters. False promises and poor leadership.
Pot, kettle, black!

Will the public buy into the same lies? I don't think so.
From the Remain camp? No, I agree Atilla, I doubt they will either!

Will the don't knows still remain don't know? I don't think so.
Agreed, they'll surely side with the Brexiteers!

Will the protest vote remain a protest vote?
On which side? (That's a rhetorical question btw! :p)

Some of the elderly will think twice. Assuming they are still kicking around of course. :whistling
One of the things that has really shocked me in my face to face conversations with real people is that the remainers always say the same thing to me when they discover I voted out: " . . .but I thought you liked Europe - you go there often enough". They seem to think that the whole referendum was about expressing how we as a nation feel about the rest of Europe and that a vote to leave is tantamount to saying we don't like Europe anymore. They look genuinely perplexed when I say I love France, Spain, Italy and Portugal as much as ever and plan trips to all 4 countries in the foreseeable future. Their confusion would be funny but for the fact that their second most common refrain is that it's the Brexiteers who don't understand the real issues, lol! The level of ignorance on the part of remainers is as breathtaking as it is sad. Needless to say Atilla, I'm not talking about you, Jon and others on T2W who are all clearly well informed, I'm referring to people I know and meet out and about where I live.
Tim.

Pot, kettle, black!

Quite right. It is rather nonsensical to point to the other and shout liar, especially in a glass house. Is anybody actually suggesting there exists a politician without any skeletons.

Good post Tim.

Following on, this is why we will see the leave voters wishes carried out.

Half of the remain politicians don't even believe in us being a member of the EU.

There are much bigger opportunities ahead outside the EU and there is nothing at all stopping us from continuing trade with our EU partners.

The UK Govt needs to do all this from a position of strength, ie get out there and start talks with the rest of the world and ignore any political threats from within the EU.

What if Theresa May gets the Cabinet she might want and then hold a General Election to get the mandate to leave and it all goes horribly wrong for her. The public can be very awkward if they choose. If she doesn't get a majority of Brexiters then it would be like being abandoned in the centre lane of a motorway.

The country would be in chaos which is what some troublemakers would aim for.

What if Theresa May gets the Cabinet she might want and then hold a General Election to get the mandate to leave and it all goes horribly wrong for her. The public can be very awkward if they choose. If she doesn't get a majority of Brexiters then it would be like being abandoned in the centre lane of a motorway.

The country would be in chaos which is what some would aim for.

She won't be holding any election, she has no need to. Referendum was a tory pledge in the last manifesto. (tis the reason why they got a majority at the last General Election). Electorate have now delivered their verdict and we are out. Nothing has changed, therefore the Govt does have a mandate.

Last edited:
Speak for your self and don't attribute your words to me.

People can read and think for them selves.

Do you really think they need you to translate my sentences to them? You certainly are behaving like an idiot.

Thanks
Very mature.. Not surprised though as you are living in lala land.

My word! This thread seems to have degenerated into a free for all.

I'm going to wait and see what happens but my position is clear. I'm sorry to see the UK go but, as I cannot really do much about the outcome, I am looking on as an interested bystander. I believe that a 52% to 48% vote was bound to cause this upheaval but the terms should have been sorted out beforehand. Now is too late and I consider that any attempt to change that is going to cause all sorts of trouble.

The thing to do now is to negotiate the Brexit with Brussels, now that a new pm has been selected.

As trader333 mentioned, ratification would be a minefield and potential political suicide for an mp who votes the wrong way.

As I said. I'll wait and see what happens.... God Bless.

I suspect your delight will only last as long as it takes Mrs May to appoint her new cabinet. The idea that it will only comprise those who voted remain is inconceivable. I hope - and expect - she'll appoint Andrea Leadsom to a very senior post. Gove too and perhaps even Boris.

Top of her list of 'right things' being: Brexit means Brexit.

Quite possibly, I'd expect many of those who voted remain to realise the mistake they made and switch to leave!

Pot, kettle, black!

From the Remain camp? No, I agree Atilla, I doubt they will either!

Agreed, they'll surely side with the Brexiteers!

On which side? (That's a rhetorical question btw! :p)

One of the things that has really shocked me in my face to face conversations with real people is that the remainers always say the same thing to me when they discover I voted out: " . . .but I thought you liked Europe - you go there often enough". They seem to think that the whole referendum was about expressing how we as a nation feel about the rest of Europe and that a vote to leave is tantamount to saying we don't like Europe anymore. They look genuinely perplexed when I say I love France, Spain, Italy and Portugal as much as ever and plan trips to all 4 countries in the foreseeable future. Their confusion would be funny but for the fact that their second most common refrain is that it's the Brexiteers who don't understand the real issues, lol! The level of ignorance on the part of remainers is as breathtaking as it is sad. Needless to say Atilla, I'm not talking about you, Jon and others on T2W who are all clearly well informed, I'm referring to people I know and meet out and about where I live.
Tim.

These people really do need to be challenged.
The Brexiters knew their reasons for leaving and voted accordingly.
The remanians, when challenged, really didn't make a case for staying in. Just fear mongering and that lame excuse, "it's a big bad world out there".
Well sorry, those are not good reasons for staying inside a dying EU.

Good post Tim.

Following on, this is why we will see the leave voters wishes carried out.

Half of the remain politicians don't even believe in us being a member of the EU.

There are much bigger opportunities ahead outside the EU and there is nothing at all stopping us from continuing trade with our EU partners.

The UK Govt needs to do all this from a position of strength, ie get out there and start talks with the rest of the world and ignore any political threats from within the EU.

This is very true. Has anyone actually looked at what the UK imports and exports, and to where and from where? I think one of the reasons that the UK is running a trade deficit is because of its confined relationship with the EU. Not to mention the EU's quota system to protect smaller members, which undoubtedly hurts bigger countries like the UK.

The UK trades more with the US than with any other country. 11%. Perhaps, now the UK will be able to increase trade with China and the US.

US 11%
China 5.7% - The only EU member that the UK trades with more than China is Germany, The Netherlands and Switzerland.
UAE 2.3%
Hong Kong 2.1%

I have been posting several things to that effect. This is not the 1700s. We have after all discovered North America. :rolleyes:

I think the Bremainers in this forum have a greater fear than the Brexit that they are not telling people. I posit that the Bremainers here are not of English decent, i.e. non-Anglo-Saxon. This means they fear paradigm shift in English culture toward xenophobia. They are just upset that immigrants will no longer be able to freely move about and take advantage of the English way of life. One of them said isolationist. How exactly is leaving the EU isolationist? Far from it. They are seeking to join that supposedly "big bad world out there".

I got a nasty shock today at how prices of food have risen already. A small plastic tray of asparagus which was £2 is now £4 for instance. Not good. Must be down to the fallen pound exchange rate ?

I got a nasty shock today at how prices of food have risen already. A small plastic tray of asparagus which was £2 is now £4 for instance. Not good. Must be down to the fallen pound exchange rate ?

Why, has the pound halved in 3 weeks, besides only last week it was widely reported, even on the BBC that food prices had fallen.